Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 241 to 260 of 3,148

RevolverLink

I finished the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead this morning. Wow, what an experience.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Ralizah

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I still say that A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are my favourites whereas Majora's Mask is tied with The Wind Waker as my favourite 3D Zelda game.

I never cared much for Link's Awakening, personally, even though it was one of my first Zelda games. I felt like the Oracle games were far more ambitious and entertaining. Definitely agree on A Link to the Past, though, which is definitely a masterpiece. How'd you feel about A Link Between Worlds?

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Arkham Knight is personally the worse of all four Batman games (including the surprisingly underrated Origins) yet I still had a fairly good time with it. The bat mobile was a take-it-or-leave-it affair with me, seeing as I much prefer gliding/hookshooting around the city and the identity of the Arkham Knight himself ended up being a bit of an anti-climax. Not bad, but not as good as I hoped this would be,

I don't know. The lack of post-game content sans Riddler trophies was a bit disappointing, but I actually liked the Batmobile once I got to use it more optionally later in the game. The gameplay seemed like a definite improvement on Arkham City, a game I never much cared for. As to the plot, it was a bit predictable (honestly, was there any real mystery as to the identity of the Arkham Knight? He knows everything about Batman and has a gigantic grudge against him. HMMMMMMM), but it was still pretty solid and lacked the problems in previous Rocksteady games (Titan Joker in Asylum, which was the only scuff in that otherwise polished jewel, and the general lack of an interesting narrative in City).

The "story packs" are a complete joke, though.

So is Arkham Origins worth playing? I avoided it after finding out it wasn't developed by Rocksteady and was getting pretty universally panned as a mediocre Batman game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah: I avoided Arkham Origins because all versions except the Wii U one has an unpatched save data corruption bug but the Wii U doesn't have the story DLC.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah: A Link Between Worlds was my own personal favourite game in 2013, mainly because it was my first 3DS game (I was ever so kindly gifted a 3DS for that Christmas) and I have so much love for A Link to the Past.

It was not only a big burst of nostalgia, the game managed to tell its own story and offer new gameplay devices such as the rental system and the clever 2D/3D mechanics in which some dungeon-related puzzles were a joy to solve.

Yeah, I really liked it! The ending is second only to Majora's Mask in terms of being my favourite too.

As for Arkham Origins, I rate it above both Arkham City and Knight purely because the story was very well told and has the best bosses in the series, something that Arkham Knight overwhelming failed with, with all of those cobra tank battles disguised as 'boss fights'.

The snowy environment in Origins is the nicest setting too and it goes surprisingly well with the contrast of Batman and his black cape and suit. As the game is a prequel, all of Batmans enemies are in their classic comic book outfits, and they all look great!

The reason why the game wasn't received quite as warmly as the two beforehand was because ultimately, the game did not offer anything new, gameplay wise, and it is a pretty short experience in comparison to the first two, although I see that more of as positive than a negative point myself.

Arkham Origns also came out in less than eighteen months after Arkham City - a hint of fatigue perhaps?

I'd give it a go if you are a fan of the series, but a word to the wise, leave it for another day. You probably do not wish to start Orgins quite so soon (after Arkham Knight).

Peek-a-boo

RR529

Fairune (Android).

This game is way too good to be free. It's a full little RPG that has an overworld & 3 dungeons, and you must solve simple environmental puzzles using the items you collect along the way to make your way through.

You fight enemies simply by walking into them. If they're weaker than you, they won't do any damage to you, but won't reward EXP either when defeated. If around the same strength, you'll lose some HP upon defeating them, but gain some EXP in the process. If they're too strong, you'll lose a lot of HP, and can't hurt them. (if I'm not mistaken, a series called Ys has a similar system, but I haven't played it myself). The only time battle is handled differently is the final (and only) boss, where the game does a genre shift, and plays like a scrolling shmup.

The game has a pleasing retro sprite look, witch catchy chiptunes to match.

It's completely Free with no In-App-Purchases or Microtransactions, has very unintrusive ads (they never show up during gameplay. Just take up a small portion of the screen on the title page & game over page), and I completed it in just over 3 hours.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Well now I can say I finished one of the greatest games ever Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox.

I have to say it is one of the best games I have ever played. It matches the Star Wars mood perfect. The story was done really well and I enjoyed most of the characters.

In case you were wondering I went light side. I might go back to this game some time in the future to do the dark side path but for now it's onto Fable.

If you have never played this game I highly recommend it. You can get it on Xbox cheap and can be played on the 360. It's also available on Android (not sure if it's available on Apple).

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LaserdiscGal

@Tasuki what took you so long to play it! It's easily the best Star Wars game ever created.

Oh and I beat Diablo 3 RoS

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

RR529

Persist: A Tale of Redemption (Android). It's completely free, with no IAP's or even ads!

It's made by the same dev who made Tiny Dangerous Dungeons, and it's pretty clear it runs on the same engine (though this may be an earlier game, due to the shorter length, and I don't think the graphics are quite as polished, even though they're in color).

It's a platformer with 4 levels (the first 3 are split into 3 sections each, while the last one just has 1 section), and it's pretty unique because you actually lose an ability every level, meaning you have to rethink how you go about things in addition to the natural increase in level difficulty.

I beat it in about 15 minutes, but it's free with no hooks, so I highly recommend it if you have a mobile device to play it on.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@Tommy_Wiseau: I never owned an Xbox till about a month ago, that gen I had a Gamecube and PS2. I had it on computer and played it that way and got to the Jedi enclave and became a Jedi but then I upgrade my PC and the video card didn't want to work with it it just kept crashing the game. I have wanted to play it for years now but as I said had no way to play it. One of the reason I got the Xbox now was so I could finally finish this game.

Oh and as much as I liked KotOR I still liked Force Unleashed more.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

KO-Cub

Over the past/last week I've finished FE 8 (Both routes), FE 7+Hector, now I wanna get FE 6.
I've finished TLoZ: Minish Cap in the mean time in 2 days, then moved to LTTP and found it rather hard. I've stopped at the 7th crystal so I'll finish it eventually. But I've moved to the first Megaman and literally... Airman Ga Taosenai.

I'll finish Megaman before even touching another game.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tasuki

Well I beat Rocket League on PS4, well the season mode and walked away with the Championship. I have to say it's a really fun game especially when you have other people to play with. Season mode is a little dull but what sports game season mode isnt? You play so many games and then if you have a good enough record you get to the playoffs and if you beat that it's the championship game. Still my son and I enjoyed this game alot.

My Backlog

Storytime7

Metroid Fusion. I beat it years ago, but I played it again because I got it on the virtual console a few days ago. It's really good. Zero Mission was my favorite Metroid game for a long time, but I might like Fusion more. Maybe I should play Zero Mission again.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

nacho_chicken

Beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3D about a week ago.

My brothers played my copy of the Wii version before I sold it. They kept hyping up the ending, saying there was stuff "that'll make your brain explode". I liked it, and it was definitely surprising, but it wasn't THAT crazy.

Then again, after countless mystery novels, RPGs and VNs, no one reveal is shocking anymore.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

6ch6ris6

jet set radio future

maybe i will try and get all the graffiti souls. but i think i will need a walkthrough for that. some hints in the game are only in japanese

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

bezerker99

Completed Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move last night with Perfects on all levels. Some of those latter Puzzle Piece levels definitely qualify as NES-Hard!!

Blue_Blur

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I'd never played a Shantae game before, but I'd heard good things about this series, and decided to buy this game while it was on sale. I'm glad I did! It was a really fun game; too bad it's pretty short, though.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

CaterpillarGuy59

the lego movie video game. I picked up to play with my little brother, and we beat about a month ago. I haven't beat any games since because I've been playing smash 4 nonstop.

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

Tiefseemiez

Just yesterday I beat Ace Attorney Trilogy. It was my first Ace Attorney game and it was a lot of fun for those moments, in which you want to relax rather than action. It was harder than I expected, though I sometimes just did not get what the game expects me to interpret. There was a testimony where it was hard to state what THE contradiction was, because there was hardly anything that did not contradict the evidences.
And I must say that two of the cases in which a previous case was involved (the one with Edgeworth (I think) and the one with Lana Skye as defendants) both felt kind of incomplete. Especially with the last one I had the impression, that we never really proofed how the actual case (killing of Goodman) went down, since it all got tangled in the previous case. Otherwise I really liked the games, except for the pretty monotonous music.

Apart from that I am still proud of having finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, since it took ages and it was only thanks to the games fun and motivating character that I did not just drop it in between. If it was on home console I probably would have played 5 hours and then never started again like I tend to do with home console titles. I love to play on the go and even at home I usually use my 3DS. I own my Wii U more for multiplayer titles.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

octoman2611

Storytime7 wrote:

Metroid Fusion. I beat it years ago, but I played it again because I got it on the virtual console a few days ago. It's really good. Zero Mission was my favorite Metroid game for a long time, but I might like Fusion more. Maybe I should play Zero Mission again.

I personally like Fusion much more than Zero Mission. Zero Mission is far to easy and much less immersive. While Fusion isn't really what you'd call a difficult game either, I really love the plot and game environments. I may be biased though, Fusion is my favourite Metroid game full stop, and the first one I played.

octoman2611

RevolverLink

I beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut the other day. On the whole I had a pretty great time, and I really liked that going with a stealthy, mostly-Pacifist playthrough (I killed a few grunts in the tutorial, which screwed me out of the trophy grumble grumble) seems to be just as fun and viable as murdering every enemy in sight. As much as I liked Dishonored, I felt like players that used lethal force in that game had much more room for creativity and substantially more toys at their disposal than people like me that don't like to kill anybody if they can help it.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic