Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 261 to 280 of 3,148

Ralizah

Just beat South Park: The Stick of Truth. What an amazing little game. The combat gave me Paper Mario vibes, the modern RPG setting reminded me instantly of Earthbound, and, of course, the game is 100% authentic South Park. It looks and sounds like the show, and has an amazing number of references to past episodes.

I fully believe somebody who is new to South Park wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much, but the sheer amount of fanservice was a huge nostalgia trip for somebody like me who has been watching the show since the early seasons.

This is easily one of the best licensed property games ever made.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kirby2222

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (Mario all-stars version) It was very hard and I used a lot of continues.

kirby2222

Nintendo Network ID: smatho

ZanderShepherd

Just yesterday I beat Kid Icarus Uprising. It took me way too long as that game kind of got pushed back due me getting other games, but I'm glad I finally beat it. It's a great game. I love the characters, I love the gameplay, I just love it. My only complaint is that the game basically wrecks my L button. Also, I on average beated the levels on difficulty level 3, so I may have to replay some of the levels.

ZanderShepherd

Chubblings

Well, I've had some time off, so I decided to replay every single Ace Attorney game (so I can appreciate the little details and references more. Don't know how I did it, but in the span of three weeks I beat all of them: the Ace Attorney trilogy, Apollo Justice, both Edgeworth Investigations games, and finally Dual Destinies (didn't count Layton vs Wright, as I don't have that, and I've heard it's not as good as the main series games).

Chubblings

Nintendo Network ID: Chubblings

wazlon

@Chubblings: Where did you get Ace Attorney Investigations 2 from? I really liked the first one.

wazlon

nacho_chicken

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@nacho_chicken: pretty unfair of them to hype you up on it. I also beat Xenoblade (Wii) last week, and I thought all of it was absolutely glorious (didn't "make my head explode").
Definitely one of my favorite games ever. It was so good and I played it so long that now I have separation anxiety. Can't wait for X.

No, I thought the ending was amazing. After Brawl and the Smash Dojo, I never let hype get to me lest I get disappointed.
Honestly, I think it's just because both my brothers don't read much. The games that will make your brain explode (Zero Escape, Ever17, Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney, etc.) don't immediately appeal to them because the story comes first and isn't spoon-fed.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Chubblings

@wazlon As you may or may not know, Ace Attorney Investigations 2 was never OFFICIALLY localised by Capcom, and 4 years after the initial release, it seems as those plans have yet to change. Thus a group of dedicated fans spent a long time localising the game themselves (with localised names, etc.), and recently (I'd say, perhaps several months ago), the entire game was translated and released. As for playing it, the only way to do so is to emulate it, as it's a ROM.

Chubblings

Nintendo Network ID: Chubblings

Freeon-Leon

I just beat Splatoon earlier. It took me this long because online MP usually gets all my attention but since I'm visiting my parents and the connection is very slow I was finally able to give the solo mode a chance.

It's a pretty good btw

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Tasuki

Finally beat NSMB on the DS (well I used my 3DS) and I have to say what a great game it was. I have always preferred my Mario games in 2D (although 3D land and world are quite good) so this game was a joy for me to play. This game imo felt more like a sequel to Mario World more so then Mario 64 or any other Mario game. I will admit it was a bit easy but the difficulty spiked big time in World 8. I had 35 lives at the start of world 8, but when I beat it I had 10 left.

At some point I will come back to this game and do the secret levels and what not but for now it's onto something else.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GrizzlyArctos

Finished my playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D the other day. I originally intended to finish as much of it as I could, but near the end I got a bit too bored of the seemingly endless quests.

Also finished replaying Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. Personally I think it's the weakest of the series, not quite living up to the other games. It's still really enjoyable though.

Yes, I like bears.

TriforceShoe

Finally got the last five stamps in SM3DW. Gotta say, I was dreading doing Champion's Road again, but it wasn't actually as bad as I remembered it being. Instead, it was the last Mystery House that gave me quite a bit of trouble for some reason. It's just good to see those five sparkly stars on the file screen after so long. Also got around to clearing the final challenge on NES Remix with three stars. Man, SCREW that one!

TriforceShoe

Switch Friend Code: SW-3289-2843-4401 | 3DS Friend Code: 3582-9831-7405 | Nintendo Network ID: Triforce-Shoe

Vinny

Beat Star Fox 64 3D, and now I've become a fan. It looks really great (it was one of the first 3DS games), the controls are pretty good and I had lots of fun playing it! I did 4-5 routes.

Now I should play Command I guess.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

6ch6ris6

ace combat assault horizon legacy +
cool game with plenty of replay value

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

RevolverLink

I finished up Gone Home, which was short and sweet, and the main quest of Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, which was typical DQ fun. DQ9 has a ton of post-game content, though, so I expect I'll keep on playing it for a while longer.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RR529

Just completed Zone of the Enders HD (to clarify, the first game, not the entire collection).

The Good:

• The combat is smooth & really fun, and it's totally bad*** piloting your own super powerful mech.
  • While not as inventive as his (Kojima's) MGS creations, all the boss fights are really fun, and a highlight (out of the 5 or 6 in the game, the final 4 are backended into an end of game gauntlet, which creates a real epic finale. You can save inbetween them).
  • Everything rendered in-engine cleaned up real nice in HD, and while there wasn't much in the way of environmental diversity (it takes place in the same city the entire game), I liked the aesthetic.

The Neutral:

• Out of the ten or so special abilities you obtain, I found only a few to be of particular use (some good, some not so).
  • Story is typical "s*** happens, so it's up to teenage boy to pilot mech & save the city". Whether good or bad depends on your preference (I didn't mind it).

The Bad:

• With most of the bosses backended, you'll spend most of your time fighting progressively stronger versions of the same 3 basic enemy types.
  • There are only ten areas to travel to in the city (not counting the areas in the linear end of game boss gauntlet), so you'll spend a lot of time backtracking. (you'll usually run into some obstacle when you get to a new area, and in order to bypass it you'll have to fight a new wave of enemies in a previous area to get a passcode that'll let you activate an ability module in another previous area, that you couldn't activate the first time you were there).
  • the pre-rendered cutscenes show their age, and are inconsistent in their remastering (some look decent, while others look like they went untouched).
  • It was surprisingly short. I beat it in about 5 hours 20 minutes, and I also played all 5 S.O.S. missions, which I think were optional.

Overall it was a very fun game (and it's a major plus that the gameplay itself is it's strongest part), but it does show it's age in some areas, and you can tell it was somewhat held back by it's "pet project" status.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

bezerker99

I beat Paper Mario yesterday as well as Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Both are great games!

Glad to have my video gamin' plate cleared just in time for Super Mario Maker this Friday!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic