Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 221 to 240 of 3,148

-Justin-

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, ON CRITICAL MODE. A huge accomplishment if you ask me.

Edited on by -Justin-

-Justin-

CanisWolfred

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Jumping Flash.

A launch title for the playstation 1 and a 3d platformer that came before Super Mario 64 and boy howdy does it show. It was kind of fun when i got used to it's controls, but it is dated no doubt.

That was fast. Didn't you buy it only a couple days ago?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DiscoDriver43

CanisWolfred wrote:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Jumping Flash.

A launch title for the playstation 1 and a 3d platformer that came before Super Mario 64 and boy howdy does it show. It was kind of fun when i got used to it's controls, but it is dated no doubt.

That was fast. Didn't you buy it only a couple days ago?

It is an incredibly short game. 6 worlds only, 11 stages and 7 bosses.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Klimbatize

Beat Animal Crossing: New Leaf the other day. The ending confused me initially, but upon further reflection the game really couldn't have ended any other way.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

MegaMari0

paper Mario sticker star. Didn't like the game at first. Grew on me but still prefer TYD.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

bezerker99

Klimbatize wrote:

Beat Animal Crossing: New Leaf the other day. The ending confused me initially, but upon further reflection the game really couldn't have ended any other way.

You deserve a cookie! Congratulations, that game is seriously hardcore!!

6ch6ris6

finished jet set radio on pc.
i loved jet set radio future for xbox back in the days so i wanted to play the first game for years. future is the way better game. the level design, controls, story...everything is better in the second game. im really happy that i managed to finish the first one cause it can be so damn frustrating. every level has a stupid timer. i hate that in games. the only thing that is better in the first game is the grafitti-mechanics.
now i have to find a copy of jet set radio future for xbox to play that game again.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

kyuubikid213

I just beat Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360) today. Not five minutes ago, actually.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

GrizzlyArctos

I finished Bloodborne a few days ago, and it's really left an impression on me. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did, and now I'm filling the void it's left by looking at different interpretations of the lore. I'm tempted to just jump straight back in and play it again, but that's not going to clear my backlog...

Yes, I like bears.

MsJubilee

I just finished Valiant Hearts Jesus that game got me. Ubisoft should make more games like this i would gladly buy it day one.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RedDevilAde

Paper Mario on the Wii U VC for the first time since I played it on the N64

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

RR529

Tiny Dangerous Dungeons on Android.

This was actually pretty great, it's a "Metroidvania" type platformer done in a Game Boy graphical style, that's actually really fun. The best part is that it's truly free (there's no in app purchases or microtransactions of any kind).

I was worried about playing with the virtual buttons at first, but I adapted rather quickly, and didn't have much of a problem with even the most strenuous platforming sections (other than their natural difficulty). The only slight annoyance to be had were the ads that popped up every other time you entered a room, but even they weren't to big of a deal since they paused the action (meaning no untimely injury/deaths). I would have liked the option to pay a small one time fee to disable ads, but that's the only improvement I could think of adding to it.

I actually think this'd be a hit as a $2 3DS eShop title (the improvements being ad free, physical controls, 2nd screen enhancemets like having the map available at all times, and the 3D effect). If it never comes though, I think you should definitely give it a run on your mobile device, as it's well worth a play even there.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

-Green-

I just finished Transistor on my IPhone and it was amazing. The game wasn't free but it was worth the money. It is very artistically designed and I found it to be beautiful. I also really enjoyed the game's soundtrack, which is usually one of the main things I focus on in a game; so it earned some bonus points from me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

Mega Man Battle Network for an upcoming video series. I totally don't have 6 more hours of chip grinding and 12 hours of footage to edit. Nope.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. First time ever playing the game.

My feelings...
1) It is one of the funnest and most interesting Zelda games I've ever experienced. This was a far better experience for me than OoT, and honestly is only under WW in terms of being my favorite 3D Zelda thus far.
2) I doubt I'll want to play again for a long time. I played through the game pretty thoroughly, collected all the masks and heart pieces, and have had my fill of the game.
3) I shouldn't have so thoroughly completed the game, because the Fierce Deity's mask makes the final fight with Majora a really bad joke.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah wrote:

I shouldn't have so thoroughly completed the game, because the Fierce Deity's mask makes the final fight with Majora a really bad joke.

That's what I did when I first played this on the N64 many moons ago. I used a really nice little A3 sized guide that came with an issue of N64 magazine (here in the UK) that helped me more or less fully complete the game, heart pieces, masks and all.

Majora was certainly a push over for me back then too!

I still say that A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are my favourites whereas Majora's Mask is tied with The Wind Waker as my favourite 3D Zelda game. I still haven't started the 3DS version yet, mostly because I like playing handheld games in autumn/winter.

I have recently completed The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Contrast and Batman: Arkham Knight.

Arkham Knight is personally the worse of all four Batman games (including the surprisingly underrated Origins) yet I still had a fairly good time with it. The bat mobile was a take-it-or-leave-it affair with me, seeing as I much prefer gliding/hookshooting around the city and the identity of the Arkham Knight himself ended up being a bit of an anti-climax. Not bad, but not as good as I hoped this would be,

Contrast is a bit of a marmite game; I liked it, and enough to play it for half an hour here and there every day since last Sunday. Unfortunately, I got hit by the well known 'lighthouse bug' whereby you cannot shine a spotlight onto the stage down below therefore locking you out of the ending, which is rather good timing given that the lighthouse is the last part of the game (!)

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is my favourite of the three and I am slightly apprehensive about saying too much and thus, giving the game away. It is about a young boy named Ethan who writes short stories and you are a detective going around finding out clues leading up to the conclusion of the game. It's a hard sell without spoiling the premises, but it is a thoroughly brilliant experience.

Not a bad choice of games there. Just feel a bit bitter about Contrast and its game breaking bug. Oh well.

Peek-a-boo

RR529

RR529 wrote:

Tiny Dangerous Dungeons on Android.

I've now found the one Health Fruit I was missing, so I've 100% completed it now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

Tales of Graces f, for sure this time. A satisfying ending, I must say. A lot of the problems I've had before in the main game are still there in the Epilogue, but shuttling everywhere reduced the padding at least.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic