Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,597

Octane

@antdickens Is there a way you could update the community rules? Especially the rules around advertisement / linking to personal websites and YouTube accounts are a bit unclear. I know they're sort of included in the ''Begging'' rule, but I still encounter users from time to time that admit having read the community rules and still link to their own websites. I understand them though, as it's not specifically outlined in the rules. Maybe add a note that those links are allowed in their signature?

Octane

FGPackers

Nintendo Switch is incoming. And with it there will be a fresh new online system. When can we create a topic to share our IDs (talking about the new ones, that can you register on your Nintendo Account page)? Or maybe do something like is now for the NNIDs, to make them appear in people's signature? I tought about this for all of the last month and i was just waiting for March 3rd to come closer to ask you guys. Maybe it's too soon, and i ask sorry if so, but i really can't wait to share tons of nice moments with you on Nintendo Switch!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

CanisWolfred

Can we please have the option to hide the forum history thing?

In fact, why is it even there?! My browser already records my browsing history, and we already have a post count in our profile if we need it. And hope my memory never gets so bad, that I can't remember what threads I posted in within the last 30 minutes. It's bad enough that you've already skewed everything to the left, but now you gotta put some history bar on the right to justify it? Screw that, I would rather have to deal with an extra-large advertisement instead - at least I know that serves a purpose!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bass_X0

I want some forums to be merged to stop the list of forums from being too cluttered with dead forums.

Wii U and Wii U eShop forums would be merged
3DS and 3DS eShop forums would be merged
Wii and WiiWare forums would be merged
DS /DSi and DSiWare forums would be merged
Wii U Virtual Console, 3DS Virtual Console and Wii Virtual Console forums would be merged

That would be a lot better to everyone IMO. That's not to say the Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop forums are dead, just that activity is decreasing that they may as well be merged with their respective consoles main discussion forum. But the others should definitely be merged.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Ryu_Niiyama

Could you add a space to profiles for the Switch friend codes?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Bass_X0

Can Nintendo Life do a Japan eshop summary each week now that we can access the Japanese eshop?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Dezzy

The fact that the "Forum" link goes to the particular subsection of the forum corresponding to the subject of the page you're on, is quite annoying.
Can you maybe just have the forum button always go to the main forum page?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FGPackers

Dezzy wrote:

The fact that the "Forum" link goes to the particular subsection of the forum corresponding to the subject of the page you're on, is quite annoying.
Can you maybe just have the forum button always go to the main forum page?

Yeah i totally agree here. Everytime after i read an article, and i want to see the forum, i have to go to the site home page before

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Peek-a-boo

Likewise.

It was always my biggest bugbear with the forum link button on the home page. It isn't too difficult to implement either. Sometimes the subject matter of an article doesn't even correspond with the forum folder you get unwittingly referred to!

I also miss the cool hue of the blue colour. This new strikingly deep red colour scheme is too much.

Peek-a-boo

ClockworkMario

Any chance of getting the 24h clock back? Sometime recently the forums made the jump to this new formatting. I know NL is UK/US based, but there're foreign folks like me who aren't accustomed to it. It's a small niggle, but an option to use the 24h version would be much appreciated.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

NaviAndMii

It'd be great if polls and ❤'s could be added to the forum.

I find polls really useful in other forums that I am a member of - they can be used in a multitude of ways to gather whatever information you are looking for...it'd be great to see them added here! eg. I'd be quite interested to find out what order players did the dungeons in in Breath of the Wild - a poll would be the best way to gather the largest amount of data possible and get more representative results.

❤'s (or a 'like' button) would also be great - just as a quick way to show appreciation for forum comments ..they work really well in the comments section below each article, having them in the forum too would be a welcome addition!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Nin10dad

A fan feature would be cool. Obviously would involve a bit of proofing and editing on the NintendoLife staffs part.
But you could have the best piece go live on the site every week, obviously if the content and writing was up to scratch!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Som64

I agree with you @NaviAndMii , it would be quite interesting to have polls in the forums and see what everyone else thinks. I've seen some people using "strawpolls" instead but I understand what you mean.

Oh and for your question this is the order of the dungeons I cleared: Gerudo Desert, Rito Village, Zora's Domain and then Death Mountain. It's only one result but you might still find it interesting.

Now then, if I only could give you a heart on your comment...

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Peek-a-boo

What the HELL is that awful information bar doing on the left side of my screen whilst I scroll down to read the Super-duper Hyper Deluxe Street Fighter II World Championship DX Edition review?

I sincerely hope that that is not a new 'feature' of sorts. Anybody care to shed some light on this?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

I rotated my iPad from horizontal/landscape view to vertical, and it has seemingly disappeared...

Let's hope it was a one off; I couldn't read the left side of the review when it happened, you see.

Back to the SFII review I go!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@antdickens I see you've updated the alert page, but it no longer highlights profanity. Could you bring that back? It saved a lot of time, and now we're back to trying to figure out what word triggered the profanity filter

Octane

Joeynator3000

Octane wrote:

@antdickens I see you've updated the alert page, but it no longer highlights profanity. Could you bring that back? It saved a lot of time, and now we're back to trying to figure out what word triggered the profanity filter

...I just posted this without reading what you said. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jhena

Would be cool if i got a message when someone quoted me.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic