Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,777

Octane

DestinyMan wrote:

''Our vision is to have these 'amiibo' figures be your playable friends that allow you to enhance the overall experience. It's a different approach from Activision and Disney, which is more to unlock something in the game. You're going to want to have your 'amiibo' figure because it's going to allow you to enhance your skills, upgrade your character and take the experience over to a friend's house.''

That's a great confirmation. I'm glad they didn't went with the Skylanders approach for amiibo.

Octane

sub12

Off topic, but I like the name Amiibo, it should have been the name of the Wii U.

sub12

LzWinky

gage_wolf wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Reggie on amiibo in an interview with USNews:

"Our vision is to have these 'amiibo' figures be your playable friends that allow you to enhance the overall experience. It's a different approach from Activision and Disney, which is more to unlock something in the game and clearly understandable as a value. You're going to want to have your 'amiibo' figure because... well we're not sure yet, but come on it's toys of your favorite Nintendo characters! You're gonna buy 'em either way."

Fixed it for you.

Because Reggie knows as much as we do?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

gage_wolf wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Reggie on amiibo in an interview with USNews:

"Our vision is to have these 'amiibo' figures be your playable friends that allow you to enhance the overall experience. It's a different approach from Activision and Disney, which is more to unlock something in the game and clearly understandable as a value. You're going to want to have your 'amiibo' figure because... well we're not sure yet, but come on it's toys of your favorite Nintendo characters! You're gonna buy 'em either way."

Fixed it for you.

Pretty sure it's just you that doesn't understand what these are. That's OK though. They've been explained pretty thoroughly by everyone, so you just need to look back at all the text you ignored to find out.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Ah I see. I cannot deny that I want some...just because I'm a big fan

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

I'm not even sure I'll open the 2-3 I'm planning on getting, doesn't seem like they really do much.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Grumblevolcano

I wish there was a Wario Amiibo in the initial lineup but he isn't even confirmed for Smash yet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

gage_wolf wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wish there was a Wario Amiibo in the initial lineup but he isn't even confirmed for Smash yet.

Wario is in the leaked roster, which has pretty much been unofficially confirmed at this point.

Untitled

Top right.

That doesn't count because there have been parts of these Smash leaks which have been false like the leaker trolling about DLC. The only characters found out this week I trust are Shulk (official reveal) and Ganondorf (hidden in an official trailer).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So will these be in stores? I'll probably only pick up Kirby. And when they're cheap. And when they actually do something interesting to the game.

As far as I know, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon are planning to carry them

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Wario is in the leaked roster, which has pretty much been unofficially confirmed at this point.

Untitled

Top right.

That doesn't count because there have been parts of these Smash leaks which have been false like the leaker trolling about DLC. The only characters found out this week I trust are Shulk (official reveal) and Ganondorf (hidden in an official trailer).

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he's in the game. I believe someone also found smash to be in a list of games under the Wario name on the eshop as well

TuVictus

shingi_70

unrandomsam wrote:

I don't understand why anybody would get the figures but not the only game they work with. (The current just figures are about half the price and I think look better - HMV has 50% of the Nintendo section for just figures.)

If somebody was going digital 4 lyfe I don't understand they would want to supplement that with physical junk. (The better convenience is lost when you still need to mess around)

cause kids love the physical junk, and it brings a new revnue stream.

For those of us who aren't getting the game I'm picking up a few to sit on my desk next to my Maleficent, and soon to be Donald Duck, Cap America, Spider-man, and Groot Disney Infinty toys.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sean_Aaron

gage_wolf wrote:

I think it would be cool if your amiibos show up on wara wara plaza. A little samus running around among all the miis would be sweet.

That's a brilliant idea and would likely sell the figures as well.

I have to think they'll have an amiibo data management tool - that would differentiate them even further from Skylanders and Disney.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

LzWinky

Sean_Aaron wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

I think it would be cool if your amiibos show up on wara wara plaza. A little samus running around among all the miis would be sweet.

That's a brilliant idea and would likely sell the figures as well.

I have to think they'll have an amiibo data management tool - that would differentiate them even further from Skylanders and Disney.

I would be happy for that

Sentinator

I want to give Nintendo my money for these but they aren't telling me a price. I want that YOSHI!

He is my favorite.

Sentinator

Knux

I pre-ordered the Kirby, Peach, and Samus amiibos. I'll buy all of them, but it will probably take quite awhile. I'll be all over Palutena, Rosalina, Shulk, King Dedede, Luigi, Sonic, and Mega Man amiibos in a heartbeat!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

LucinaSmash

I wonder if Nintendo online store will sell refurbished Amiibo (with bite marks) for half the price later on.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Whopper744

@Sentinator The price's have been announced for $12.99 a piece.
Definitely going after Yoshi first. Too many I'm not rich though. Not sure who to make priority after him for sure...

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic