Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,777

Inkling

I saw some at Hyper Japan. They look great.

But Nintendo, this is the perfect thing to use Non-Specific Action Figure in!

Plus I would gladly pay £50+ for a custom Mii of myself as an Amiibo

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

shingi_70

LordJumpMad wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

It's a bit disappointing, but not a surprise really. Other than diehard collectors I think most people will only get their favourites. I also think game-specific designs are a must, unless they're going to add an app that tells you what's on there.

Actually there's an idea. Why not have an amiibo app that will not only tell you what game data is on it, but allow you to transfer it to another amiibo of the same type? I know, probably not going to happen...

I have a feeling that this will be a whole new way of gaming and will change the way people play, and even make grown adults buy toys.
Watch them make a Starwars or Tranformer line of NFC toys, and a lot people would buy them like crazy.

Star Wars will be apart of next year's Disney Infinity in time for episode VII.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CaviarMeths

DestinyMan wrote:

Now that the amiibo figures are up for pre-order on Amazon, they are dominating the Top 20 video game sales, with Link selling the most.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236240-amiibo-dominating-amazon-t...

I think it's especially worth pointing out that all 12 figurines are currently outselling the actual game itself. That means that people who don't even plan on buying the game are buying these, just because it's Nintendo merchandise at a good price point.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

NinjaWaddleDee

I just pre-ordered Samus yesterday. She was a little pricey because of shipping, but I want to GUARANTEE that I get her, because these things seem very popular. I'll probably pick up Kirby, Mario, and Yoshi when they're in stores. I may also get Link and Donkey Kong. Although I'm not really a big Zelda fan.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

cookiex

NFC figures tend to dominate the Amazon charts so it's not very surprising.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

adamkop

I am not buying a WiiU anytime soon and probably won't upgrade my 3DS to the new version earlier than in a year, but I am still going to buy at least one or two of the Amiibos. I like the look of Zelda, Link and Fox, so most likely will camp out for these. Amazon is pretty good with a 15$ shipping to Europe (I have an NTSC 3DS), so it won't be very expensive either.

adamkop

LzWinky

$13 each is not a bad price. I might get Yoshi, Pikachu, Link and Villager

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

I want a Luigi Amiibo...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

LzWinky

cookiex wrote:

I want a Luigi Amiibo...

And a Luigi one will eventually come

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

$13 is indeed a pretty good price. Everyone can pick up their favorite 2 or 3 at that price, and they'll make great stocking-stuffers for the kids at Christmas.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

unrandomsam

I don't understand why anybody would get the figures but not the only game they work with. (The current just figures are about half the price and I think look better - HMV has 50% of the Nintendo section for just figures.)

If somebody was going digital 4 lyfe I don't understand they would want to supplement that with physical junk. (The better convenience is lost when you still need to mess around)

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

MikeLove

CaviarMeths wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Now that the amiibo figures are up for pre-order on Amazon, they are dominating the Top 20 video game sales, with Link selling the most.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236240-amiibo-dominating-amazon-t...

I think it's especially worth pointing out that all 12 figurines are currently outselling the actual game itself. That means that people who don't even plan on buying the game are buying these, just because it's Nintendo merchandise at a good price point.

Or it means that there are 700K pre-orders for Smash Bros since it was first available to order (speculation) , and in the past few days 10K people pre-ordered Amiibo figures while only an additional 3K Smash Bros games were pre-ordered. It's not an indication that they are "out selling the game itself", it's an indication that something that is just recently available for purchase is currently outselling products that have been available for months longer.

Context.

MikeLove

MikeLove

Remember when the Wii-U was the most pre-ordered item on Amazon once upon a time? Relax people. Pre-orders are not a good indicator of something becoming a hot seller in the long run.

MikeLove

SammyPegs

Still haven't entirely figured out what these things will do, I will wait on the fence until I hear more info.

http://wiiugamingzone.wordpress.com/ - My new Wii U blog!

kkslider5552000

Samus and Yoshi take priority. Anything else would be a nice bonus and/or will need a lot to convince me to get more than 2 of these.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

My Big 3 are Star Fox, Samus, and Peach

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

baba_944

I'm just waiting for Sonic.

Who are you?

LzWinky

Beetlejuice wrote:

Remember when the Wii-U was the most pre-ordered item on Amazon once upon a time? Relax people. Pre-orders are not a good indicator of something becoming a hot seller in the long run.

Depends on the top 20 really. If it's outpacing stuff like Destiny, then that IS a good sign

MikeLove

WaLzgi wrote:

Beetlejuice wrote:

Depends on the top 20 really. If it's outpacing stuff like Destiny, then that IS a good sign

Again, outpacing Destiny, a game that has already been 'on sale' for months. Obviously something that has only been available for a couple days will be more popular (the initial sales rush for Amiibo) than something that has already been pre-orderable for many months.

It honestly indicates nothing at this point. Just that there was a recent surge in preorders for a product that is brand new. It provides no evidence that they are going to be a huge hit.

MikeLove

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic