Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,777

LordJumpMad

LucinaSmash wrote:

I wonder if Nintendo online store will sell refurbished Amiibo (with bite marks) for half the price later on.

I can chew them for you, and sell them, if you want.
I wonder what Amiibo taste like.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

LordJumpMad wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

I wonder if Nintendo online store will sell refurbished Amiibo (with bite marks) for half the price later on.

I can chew them for you, and sell them, if you want.
I wonder what Amiibo taste like.

Like chicken.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Ryu_Niiyama

Just got a second job, so I'll be buying all of them but I hope they space out the releases of each group. If I have to drop that much cash every month I'll cry. That's a car payment for some people.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

mariosmypal

Okay. Hello. Anyway, I have been trying to read through this thread and please excuse my ignorance. I have pre-ordered some Amiibo from Amazon and I really need to know for certain whether the one figure purchased will be usable in all the compatible games? Meaning, if I purchase the Mario amiibo labeled Super Smash Bros (one currently on Amazon) will I be able to use that same figure on Mario Kart 8 and so on?
I saw the posts about not being able to hold more than 1 game's data at a time. I am just unclear about whether the figures are game specific. The box clearly says Super Smash Bros on it. What if I want it for Mario Kart? Are they going to make one specifically for Mario Kart?
Sorry, if this is confusing. I just don't want to get my amiibo and find out it only works with the one game listed on the box. Thanks all!

mariosmypal

kkslider5552000

They've confirmed the figures are for multiple games, they've just not been gone into much detail as to how.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TuVictus

The Mario figure should work with all Mario games, even if it's labeled as smash brothers. That's a big point for Nintendo, so I wouldn't worry about that

TuVictus

mariosmypal

Thank y'all. I was getting a little anxious because I may get Smash Bros. but not sure. I do want to use them with Mario Kart 8 and some other games. I got excited and had ordered the amiibos and then was unsure. As long as they will work on the different games then I will look forward to them as a Christmas present to myself (or whenever they officially come out). Thanks!

mariosmypal

Akazury

They still only have one save file, so if you used it for SSB and then use it in MK8 your SSB save will be deleted (or something)

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Akazury wrote:

They still only have one save file, so if you used it for SSB and then use it in MK8 your SSB save will be deleted (or something)

citation needed

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinjaWaddleDee

Okay, let's speculate about what the amiibos do in Mario Kart 8! I think that each one may unlock some sort of new car part to use.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Or they can alter the stats of an existing car part based on the level of a character.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Okay, let's speculate about what the amiibos do in Mario Kart 8! I think that each one may unlock some sort of new car part to use.

Nintendo already confirmed that amiibo will not be used to unlock new content; it's not like DLC.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Akazury

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Akazury wrote:

citation needed

I've searched but actually couldn't find it. Only that so much room is allocated for being a smash mario and a smaller amount for a normal mario
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-nintendo-on-amii...

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Jazzer94

So amiibo figures are going to be £10.99 rrp in UK think I'll just wait and get the ones I want from the US.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SuperWiiU

Jazzer94 wrote:

So amiibo figures are going to be £10.99 rrp in UK think I'll just wait and get the ones I want from the US.

If you just want the one it's acceptable, but if you want at least a few you can save up to 3 pounds one every amiibo.
I might even wait until amiibo's of Wario and such become available before buying into it.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Undead_terror

Now if you can throw your Amiibo up to the sky so it can it can reflect some light and then it comes to life once it falls to the ground!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

muftu

I was so pumped for amiibo. I wanted to collect them all. It was an awesome idea that I can buy a figurine and use it across a variety of games - I don't really care for smash, but I enjoy Mario Kart and I am looking forward to Captain Toad and I expected games like the Legend of Zelda to follow. That was until I read the IGN article and it clicked. Amiibo isn't cool or groundbreaking. It is still the same Disney Infitiy/Skylanders formula, only made worse. I don't see a reason to own more than one (actually 0) amiibo because what it does is just supplying a glorified AI opponent. And that is not a lot for 12€ or so a piece. To make the things worse, outside of Smash the functionality is almost non existent. And if we want to really use it with another game we need another figurine that actually was designed for that particular game. So the same idea only done worse... I am sorry nintendo, I really don't see the additional value in these outside of collecting. And that is a shame, because I really liked the original idea. Right now I expect another gimmicky accessory made by nintendo, that will have a very limited use.
Prove me wrong nintendo...but I doubt you will.

FC: 0731-6199-4722

muftu

DestinyMan wrote:

The Smash Bros. figure of a character is compatible with any of the non-Smash Bros. games. The design of the figure makes no difference. It just depends on what design you would like to use.

It is compatible yet it won't be able to really interact with the game. These amiibo figures are smash amiibos. That is more than just it's art design. Amiibo is an interactive toy that should have some in-game use. And the smash amiibos are made for smash - programmed for smash. The end. There is no real functionality for any other game. Your amiibo will remember what happened in smash bros, but outside of smash it's functionality will be very limited. First of all, the figurine will not remember anything outside of smash, because that is how it is designed. There are two chunks of memory, one part is used for smash, the other part identifies the figurine. So other games will recognize your mario as mario, but that is about it. That also means that there is no more storage for any other game. The cross-game real functionality is busted. Because they will maybe unlock some music or skins or whatever, but they will not be my buddies in MK8 because they are not made for MK8. And as so they do not have to announce any functionality in other games because that tells me already that if the figurine won't remember anything, it will not have any real purpose. That is unless you buy another figurine made for other franchises that will be able to interact with a different game.

Not my words - that is what nintendo confirmed: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-nintendo-on-am...

Edited on by muftu

FC: 0731-6199-4722

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic