Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 5,084

Tobiaku

A littlle question. My sister is using my cart on her system now. It is allright to use the cart on two diffrent systems, right?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Yoshi

Tobias95 wrote:

A littlle question. My sister is using my cart on her system now. It is allright to use the cart on two diffrent systems, right?

Yes.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

FriedSquid

So I've been playing Smash Run to death now, trying to get all custom equipment/powers/specials and I'm noticing something. The enemies in Smash Run are basically saturated with nothing but Mario and Kid Icarus enemies. Especially Kid Icarus ones. In KIU there have been some really cheap enemies, like Clubberskull, Boom Stomper, the uh... laser flower?? And all of these cheap, unrecognizable enemies made their way into Smash to frustrate me yet again...

There are some cheap Mario enemies too, like Chain Chomp, but the majority of Mario enemies are beatable. It's the boring KIU ones that I'm really tired of seeing. Not to say these aren't the cheapest ones. There's Koffing, Petilil, Starman, and I would sat Darknut is probably the cheapest enemy you'll find, but the sheer amount of KIU enemies just feels excessive. I know these are Sakurai's creations, but why he felt the need to bring back so many boring, unfair enemies is beyond me. I feel like we could've seen some more creative and easier to beat (at least considering there's no difficulty setting for Smash Run) enemies from other series.

End rant... basically Smash Run is still fun but I wish Sakurai didn't pick so many of his own enemies, or at least picked some less-frustrating ones...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LzWinky

I see plenty of Zelda, Kirby, and other monsters all the time. I see mostly Smash Brawl ones though

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

Squid wrote:

So I've been playing Smash Run to death now, trying to get all custom equipment/powers/specials and I'm noticing something. The enemies in Smash Run are basically saturated with nothing but Mario and Kid Icarus enemies. Especially Kid Icarus ones. In KIU there have been some really cheap enemies, like Clubberskull, Boom Stomper, the uh... laser flower?? And all of these cheap, unrecognizable enemies made their way into Smash to frustrate me yet again...

There are some cheap Mario enemies too, like Chain Chomp, but the majority of Mario enemies are beatable. It's the boring KIU ones that I'm really tired of seeing. Not to say these aren't the cheapest ones. There's Koffing, Petilil, Starman, and I would sat Darknut is probably the cheapest enemy you'll find, but the sheer amount of KIU enemies just feels excessive. I know these are Sakurai's creations, but why he felt the need to bring back so many boring, unfair enemies is beyond me. I feel like we could've seen some more creative and easier to beat (at least considering there's no difficulty setting for Smash Run) enemies from other series.

End rant... basically Smash Run is still fun but I wish Sakurai didn't pick so many of his own enemies, or at least picked some less-frustrating ones...

Sakurai already said the reason all those KI:U enemies are in is because it was easy to port over their models from KI:U.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DreamyViridi

Ornes.....

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tobiaku

Are there any Layton trophies in the game?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

CapeSmash

The only thing I don't like about Smash Run, are the overabundance of the Kid Icarus enemies. They don't even look like something from Nintendo. Extremely out of place.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Yoshi

If you want something that doesn't look Ike Nintendo at all, go play Subspace in Brawl.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

UGXwolf

Sakurai has stated before why there were so many KI:U enemies in Smash Run. They were easy to integrate and happened to be on hand. He already had the models ready because he'd JUST FINISHED MAKING KID ICARUS: UPRISING. And honestly, I don't find most of these guys all that difficult. The Devil Cars, Clubberskulls, and Bulborbs are the worst ones. Mimicuties, Metroids, and Chain Chomps are pretty nasty, too. Bonkers, Dark Nuts, Reapers, and Boom Stompers are entirely manageable, though, and most of the rest of the mini-bosses are somewhat of a joke, if you ask me. Ornes rarely cause me trouble, either. It's pretty simple. You hear the music, you run.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

Well I understand that those were added because they were easy to import, but it still just feels like there are too many. I guess I was really just ranting though. I've actually been having a lot of fun with Smash Run, it's just those certain enemies that make you want to 'Smash' your 3DS.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

For Boom Stompers, focus on attacking the leaf on their head. For Reapers, dodge around them when they wind up because the hitbox doesn't extend around them. For Clubberskulls, back health recovery and spinning blades, and try to stay behind them until you see them wind up, then get away before the launch the attack. Granted, this is all much more difficult when surrounded by other enemies.

Also, @squid didn't you post the idea for using a home run bat and 99 stock for the 1000 KO challenge? Thanks, it helped. Also, I found that you can make this challenge soar by much quicker by equipping a Home-run bat item to your custom character as well as a quick batter item. And I threw in Moon Launcher for lulz. Also, using an FD mode of any stage where you actually like the music makes it far more bearable.

NintendoFan64

While I understand the abbundance of KI: U enemies, there's one particular enemy I wish they left out: the Mimicuties. Good God, I freaking hate them! I hated them in KI: U, and I still hate them in Smash Bros. And while yes, they are an obvious enemy to include, I still have a right to hate them. Speaking of obvious choices for enemies, I don't wanna be 'that guy', but I honestly would've preferred having the New Age Retro Hippie in instead of the Devil Car. He could've used the ruler...seriously, that would've been both hilarious and awesome to see in Smash Bros.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@Nintendofan64 Or both!

@WaLzgi Or rather, the NoA Treehouse team is a bunch of trolls, since I think they handle translations for most games coming from NoJ, though since this is a Namco game, too... eh?

Also, someone mentioned a while back that Fox has Wolf's specials, but after collecting (almost) all of his custom moves, he really only has the Wolf Flash. And even that acts a little bit different (maybe they were working on Wolf?) than it did in Brawl. Yeah, there's a slower, more powerful blaster, but it doesn't have the same knockback and the missing knife hitbox just makes it feel entirely different. Essentially, you could make a moveset and pretend it's Wolf, but it really doesn't do much at all to replace him. Meanwhile, Ness has Lucas's specials, right down to the color and behavior. If they'd given Ness a Lucas skin (not a recolor) I'd wager some of his mains from Brawl could almost forget that he's not in the game. Wolf mains are still screwed because his game revolves around his standard attacks, so even with the right moveset and stats, he still won't feel anything like Wolf.

MasterWario

Just got all the outfits today. Now I just need the rest of those hats. Classic on 3.4 difficulty is great for finding hats and outfits for some reason. Ofc I got like 5 Shy Guy hats at this point, but I also got several other hats and outfits too.

Anyone else find it annoying how you can get the Mii Outfits you can only unlock from challenges as drops after you unlock them? I got the Protective Gear one time in Classic... -______-

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.