Forums

Topic: StreetPass Mii Plaza

Posts 121 to 140 of 269

iphys

It told me the last game played by the person I met was Face Raiders, but it didn't tell me their whole game library or anything.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Ron_DelVillano

I hot my first three hits today! I've been carrying my 3DS around campus all week, and not only did I finally get one, but three!

Nintendo Life staff

I co-host a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I write/draw a daily webcomic about a werewolf in high school named Duane.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9288-5982 | Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

TwilightV

My Mii has a Mario hat now... i'm so happy! :'D

Cat Ears too. & I have 2 of my Mario & Bowser puzzle pieces. :3

TwilightV

EvilRegal

Besen wrote:

I hot my first three hits today! I've been carrying my 3DS around campus all week, and not only did I finally get one, but three!

Took it to a local community college branch campus today with no luck.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Ron_DelVillano

@Betelgeuse keep carrying it around, you'll get a hit eventually!

I thought I was the only person on campus with a 3DS, but I'm very glad to see that I was wrong.

Nintendo Life staff

I co-host a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I write/draw a daily webcomic about a werewolf in high school named Duane.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9288-5982 | Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

ImDiggerDan

@Victoria - Just 3. The random encounter in Huddersfield and my wife and son.

@Stereoman - If you mean you didn't get a hit whilst actually playing SSF4 online then that is what's supposed to happen. You only get hits whilst the 3DS is shut. I suspect if you are playing an on-line game and close the 3DS, it'll either forcibly disconnect you from the internet or won't actually go into proper sleep mode. The best way to make sure is to suspend whatever game you are in and close the 3DS.

@Anyone else - You can actually get a rabbit hero as well as dogs and cats. If your hero is wearing brown, they can summon another hero. Not really much use unless you have a level 1 brown wearing hero who is up against an armoured enemy, then you can hope for a level 2 rabbit.

SPOILER ALERT - Don't read this if you want to find out what happens in the final room!

Are you still reading? Don't you want to find out for yourself? Isn't it more fun that way? OK then, I've defeated the armoured thing and got released from the cage. Then I got snatched by some huge demon so my hero (my son) ran instantly. I didn't have any other heroes in the queue, so end of turn.

In the interest of seeing what happens now, I hired a single hero and sent them in. They didn't get frightened off straight away, which is a relief and managed to do 6 points of damage which hardly dented the demon's health bar. Later today I'll send my wife and 4 more hired mercenaries in to deal with it. Freezing spells sound like a good idea to me and maybe poison too. Have to see what colours of cats I get.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

MERG

I work in a city...in a busy part of the city...and I walk through a busy shopping mall to and from my train...and I have had no frakkin' hits!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Papa_Godzilla

Im in Montreal, working in a business area. I walk with it since it's launch, and yet only one hit, at the bus station.
at least it got me a puzzle piece and i won the mario hat.

still, people, put your streetpass on !
i saw one guy playing streetfighter loudly, and had no streetpass hit.

Papa_Godzilla

Sneaker13

You don't get a hit when the other person is playing it.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Papa_Godzilla

really ? i knew about regular DS games, but i thought the feature was fine with 3ds enabled games.
geez, another enhancement nintendo has to do i guess.

Papa_Godzilla

mdee

Hey, I'm in Montreal too! I had 1 hit yesterday while going to work... That's it. Hope I have some more today!

3DS: 3823 8533 7087
PS3: mrtnmntrl
Wii: 4405 5692 9415 5340

Papa_Godzilla

I work in the Cité du Multimédia area. (near bonaventure) maybe we will cross one day without knowing

Papa_Godzilla

Stereoman

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@Stereoman - If you mean you didn't get a hit whilst actually playing SSF4 online then that is what's supposed to happen. You only get hits whilst the 3DS is shut. I suspect if you are playing an on-line game and close the 3DS, it'll either forcibly disconnect you from the internet or won't actually go into proper sleep mode. The best way to make sure is to suspend whatever game you are in and close the 3DS.

Thats strange about the online gaming and streetpass function ( more malfunction ? )
So say u play SF4 , will it be enough pausing the game by going into home menu , then shut cover for sleep mode ...
Will you get streetpass to happen ?
I find that very uncomfortable solution as if you want the streetpass fun you have to quit games or such ....

cheers

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

grumblebuzzz

I just usually close down all my software before I enter a situation where a Streetpass might happen. That way I'm more likely to get one.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Papa_Godzilla

the mii plaza can stay opened... i got mine while it was opened.
its always opened when i walk around. i would say i click home keeping the program active.

i still find the streetpass limited knowing you cant get hits while playing a 3DS game. i mean, it really needs the feature to be active while playing. lets say your in a combat playing in a bus. you need to go out, so you forcibly close your 3ds cap leaving the game opened. no streetpass for you if youre into a situation you can really continue your game once youre out of the bus. (its raining?)
this can happen a lot of time, and its going to annoy me.

Papa_Godzilla

ImDiggerDan

@Stereoman
It's all about how the wireless hardware works. Basically, it can only do one thing at once. The whole setup isn't very clear to the average user but this is pretty much what I think the situation is:
If the 3DS is open and you are playing online multiplayer, there will be no StreetPass as the wifi is in use.
If the 3DS is open and you are playing local multiplayer, there will be no StreetPass as the wifi is in use (I may be wrong with this one though, as it's local wifi so maybe it can do both).
If the 3DS is open and you are playing single player, there may be StreetPass, but the title has to support it (I think this is the case, I could be wrong).
If the 3DS is open and you are in the "home menu" there may be StreetPass if you aren't connected to the internet (when I open my 3DS I briefly see the WiFi status say "StreetPass", then it changes to "Enabled" then to "Internet" as I have WiFi internet at home). I suspect that StreetPass definitely won't happen when it's open and connected to the internet, but it may happen if there is no internet around for it to connect to. Check for the "StreetPass" text next to the wifi signal indicator in the top left.
If at any point the Wireless is turned off (switch and green light on the right hand side of the unit), StreetPass won't work (obviously!).
If the 3DS is closed and Wireless is on, regardless of what game you were playing, StreetPass should work.

In short, the safest way to ensure you don't miss any StreetPass hits is this:
Return to the Home menu (shouldn't be necessary, but who knows!)
Shut down the running game/application (shouldn't be necessary, but who knows!)
Ensure Wireless is turned on.
Ensure the 3DS is turned on!
Close the 3DS.
Go somewhere with lots of people around.
Wear a t-shirt that says "I have a 3DS in StreetPass mode. Please ensure your Wireless is enabled and that your 3DS is closed but powered on then hang around my general area for a short while!". Might have to get a few of these made up and start selling them!

=Progress=
I've finished the Quest game now. I quite like the "Credits" sequence that plays through. Took 64 adventurers to rescue Mii. I'm going to play it again but this time only using genuine StreetPass hits, no hired help, no wife and son. At the rate that I've had hits so far, it should take about 2 years to complete. Let's see how long I last before I resist the temptation to use my level 7 family members.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

ToadFan

Wow, great review.

ToadFan

6ch6ris6

guess i will try that shirt with the 3DS-text on^^

kinda getting desperate. still no hits

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ren

Duh, streetpass is meant for when you're walking around when it's closed not when you are sitting playing it, why would anyone expect it do both at once? Street pass games are not active user controlled games hence the name "Streetpass".
I like the idea but still haven't gotten any at all and I want to try the game. I live in Chicago and have taken it around on crowded busses and neighborhoods a couple days this week so far and nothing yet. Hope it picks up eventually.
The pedometer is neat, too, but I think it gives away coins a little too readily to really encourage lots of walking the way it should. I didn't expect to unlock so much stuff after a short walk to the bus a couple times, kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Ren

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.