3DS Forum

Topic: StreetPass Mii Plaza

Showing 141 to 160 of 273

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

141. Posted:

@Stereoman
It's all about how the wireless hardware works. Basically, it can only do one thing at once. The whole setup isn't very clear to the average user but this is pretty much what I think the situation is:
If the 3DS is open and you are playing online multiplayer, there will be no StreetPass as the wifi is in use.
If the 3DS is open and you are playing local multiplayer, there will be no StreetPass as the wifi is in use (I may be wrong with this one though, as it's local wifi so maybe it can do both).
If the 3DS is open and you are playing single player, there may be StreetPass, but the title has to support it (I think this is the case, I could be wrong).
If the 3DS is open and you are in the "home menu" there may be StreetPass if you aren't connected to the internet (when I open my 3DS I briefly see the WiFi status say "StreetPass", then it changes to "Enabled" then to "Internet" as I have WiFi internet at home). I suspect that StreetPass definitely won't happen when it's open and connected to the internet, but it may happen if there is no internet around for it to connect to. Check for the "StreetPass" text next to the wifi signal indicator in the top left.
If at any point the Wireless is turned off (switch and green light on the right hand side of the unit), StreetPass won't work (obviously!).
If the 3DS is closed and Wireless is on, regardless of what game you were playing, StreetPass should work.

In short, the safest way to ensure you don't miss any StreetPass hits is this:
Return to the Home menu (shouldn't be necessary, but who knows!)
Shut down the running game/application (shouldn't be necessary, but who knows!)
Ensure Wireless is turned on.
Ensure the 3DS is turned on!
Close the 3DS.
Go somewhere with lots of people around.
Wear a t-shirt that says "I have a 3DS in StreetPass mode. Please ensure your Wireless is enabled and that your 3DS is closed but powered on then hang around my general area for a short while!". Might have to get a few of these made up and start selling them!

=Progress=
I've finished the Quest game now. I quite like the "Credits" sequence that plays through. Took 64 adventurers to rescue Mii. I'm going to play it again but this time only using genuine StreetPass hits, no hired help, no wife and son. At the rate that I've had hits so far, it should take about 2 years to complete. Let's see how long I last before I resist the temptation to use my level 7 family members.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

142. Posted:

Wow, great review.

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

143. Posted:

guess i will try that shirt with the 3DS-text on^^

kinda getting desperate. still no hits

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394
Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B

AuthorMessage

Ren

144. Posted:

Duh, streetpass is meant for when you're walking around when it's closed not when you are sitting playing it, why would anyone expect it do both at once? Street pass games are not active user controlled games hence the name "Streetpass".
I like the idea but still haven't gotten any at all and I want to try the game. I live in Chicago and have taken it around on crowded busses and neighborhoods a couple days this week so far and nothing yet. Hope it picks up eventually.
The pedometer is neat, too, but I think it gives away coins a little too readily to really encourage lots of walking the way it should. I didn't expect to unlock so much stuff after a short walk to the bus a couple times, kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Ren

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

145. Posted:

Ren wrote:

Duh, streetpass is meant for when you're walking around when it's closed not when you are sitting playing it, why would anyone expect it do both at once? Street pass games are not active user controlled games hence the name "Streetpass".
I like the idea but still haven't gotten any at all and I want to try the game. I live in Chicago and have taken it around on crowded busses and neighborhoods a couple days this week so far and nothing yet. Hope it picks up eventually.
The pedometer is neat, too, but I think it gives away coins a little too readily to really encourage lots of walking the way it should. I didn't expect to unlock so much stuff after a short walk to the bus a couple times, kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

well so far there are only few games that support those coins. ar-games and mii-plaza. think thats all for now.
i hope not only nintendo will use this feature. so far no 3rd party has said something about using these coins i think

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394
Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B

AuthorMessage

Birdman

146. Posted:

@6ch6ris6 - Wrong. SSFIV allows you to convert Play Coins into Figurine Points, so you can get more figurines to battle others.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

iphys

147. Posted:

From the manual: "If you are playing a game, or if the system is in Sleep Mode (turned on but closed) and you pass someone who has enabled StreetPass for the same software, you will exchange data with them."

I wonder if this means it will work while playing any game, or only while playing a game that you've enabled StreetPass for.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

Tylr

148. Posted:

I went in Chick-fil-a and got no streetpasses. Pretty darn crowded too. I'll need to try hard to get even one streetpass where i live...

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

AuthorMessage

Victoria

149. Posted:

I went to the shopping centre in Derby (England) today and got my first 3 hits! Unfortunately none of them had nintendogs so we didn't exchange any doggie goodies. But they did go on a quest for me and I got puzzle pieces from them. How fun!

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

AuthorMessage

lord_hades

150. Posted:

@Tylr i will add u

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

AuthorMessage

LunarJade

151. Posted:

I've only had my 3DS for a couple of days and so far no hits with the streetpass.
My college is having an open house today though so I'm hoping that might work, and theres a couple of other hangouts in town I've yet to try so we'll see if either of those pop something up.

If nothing else I'm going to a convention in May and I figure that'll turn up something.

3DS FC: 0130-1819-5020
Currently Playing: Nintendogs + Cats

AuthorMessage

Peznaze

152. Posted:

So, here's a question... 3DS open, no Streetpass. 3DS closed, Streetpass. But what about 3DSound with the lid closed?

Peznaze

AuthorMessage

pikku

153. Posted:

Peznaze wrote:

So, here's a question... 3DS open, no Streetpass. 3DS closed, Streetpass. But what about 3DSound with the lid closed?

if you have earphones.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Xkhaoz

154. Posted:

Man, I need to go to a big city and get some StreetPass hits. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my town with a 3DS at the moment :P

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

155. Posted:

Been trying for 3 days now and still no streetpass. I've gone to stores,parks,food joints nothing. :( I was expecting some Mis by now. Hope I encounter someone soon.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

156. Posted:

Well, 2 hits for my son and myself in a Leeds shopping centre yesterday. 4 hits for my fo my wife on trains to London and back yesterday.

As for play coins, you can also spend them in Lego Star Wars which also has Street Pass. I don't think the play coins are that easy to get since they are limited to 10 per day. I have, however, found a way to break the 10 a day limit, but I also think it's broken Street Pass for me too since I'm no getting any hits from my wife and son any more. Might have to do a full systm reset. That'll teach me.

www.diggerdan.co.uk

AuthorMessage

lord_hades

157. Posted:

@ImDiggerDan have u tried manchester uk

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

158. Posted:

No, I rarely go there.

www.diggerdan.co.uk

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

159. Posted:

Still no StreetPass hits here yet. I know I'm not the only Tulsan with 3DS. Not sure if I just don't go places that people with 3DS frequent, or few people know how to use it (if they bothered to read it exists...see: Wii Shop Channel). Been to busy Wal-Marts and local community college so far, among less crowded stores. Hoping when I go to the mall to pick up Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (or before) that I have some luck. I did fear this, though. That it'd be hard finding people for it here, for one reason or another. Guess another thing is people may be afraid of taking 3DS with them, for fear of losing it/having it stolen.

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

LeasTwanteD

160. Posted:

Once i get my hardcase or once the weather forecast says "no rain today" i'll too be crushed because i don't get any hits. ;)
And since i'm very curious maybe you can clear this thing up.

• If you get a puzzle piece from someone can you still use his Mii right away in the RPG ? It's not like it's puzzle or RPG use, right ?

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112