Forums

Topic: StreetPass Mii Plaza

Posts 141 to 160 of 269

6ch6ris6

Ren wrote:

Duh, streetpass is meant for when you're walking around when it's closed not when you are sitting playing it, why would anyone expect it do both at once? Street pass games are not active user controlled games hence the name "Streetpass".
I like the idea but still haven't gotten any at all and I want to try the game. I live in Chicago and have taken it around on crowded busses and neighborhoods a couple days this week so far and nothing yet. Hope it picks up eventually.
The pedometer is neat, too, but I think it gives away coins a little too readily to really encourage lots of walking the way it should. I didn't expect to unlock so much stuff after a short walk to the bus a couple times, kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

well so far there are only few games that support those coins. ar-games and mii-plaza. think thats all for now.
i hope not only nintendo will use this feature. so far no 3rd party has said something about using these coins i think

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Birdman

@6ch6ris6 - Wrong. SSFIV allows you to convert Play Coins into Figurine Points, so you can get more figurines to battle others.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

iphys

From the manual: "If you are playing a game, or if the system is in Sleep Mode (turned on but closed) and you pass someone who has enabled StreetPass for the same software, you will exchange data with them."

I wonder if this means it will work while playing any game, or only while playing a game that you've enabled StreetPass for.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Tylr

I went in Chick-fil-a and got no streetpasses. Pretty darn crowded too. I'll need to try hard to get even one streetpass where i live...

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

Victoria

I went to the shopping centre in Derby (England) today and got my first 3 hits! Unfortunately none of them had nintendogs so we didn't exchange any doggie goodies. But they did go on a quest for me and I got puzzle pieces from them. How fun!

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

lord_hades

@Tylr i will add u

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

LunarJade

I've only had my 3DS for a couple of days and so far no hits with the streetpass.
My college is having an open house today though so I'm hoping that might work, and theres a couple of other hangouts in town I've yet to try so we'll see if either of those pop something up.

If nothing else I'm going to a convention in May and I figure that'll turn up something.

3DS FC: 0130-1819-5020
Currently Playing: Nintendogs + Cats

Peznaze

So, here's a question... 3DS open, no Streetpass. 3DS closed, Streetpass. But what about 3DSound with the lid closed?

Peznaze

pikku

Peznaze wrote:

So, here's a question... 3DS open, no Streetpass. 3DS closed, Streetpass. But what about 3DSound with the lid closed?

if you have earphones.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Xkhaoz

Man, I need to go to a big city and get some StreetPass hits. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my town with a 3DS at the moment

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

ImDiggerDan

Well, 2 hits for my son and myself in a Leeds shopping centre yesterday. 4 hits for my fo my wife on trains to London and back yesterday.

As for play coins, you can also spend them in Lego Star Wars which also has Street Pass. I don't think the play coins are that easy to get since they are limited to 10 per day. I have, however, found a way to break the 10 a day limit, but I also think it's broken Street Pass for me too since I'm no getting any hits from my wife and son any more. Might have to do a full systm reset. That'll teach me.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

lord_hades

@ImDiggerDan have u tried manchester uk

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

ImDiggerDan

No, I rarely go there.

www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

EvilRegal

Still no StreetPass hits here yet. I know I'm not the only Tulsan with 3DS. Not sure if I just don't go places that people with 3DS frequent, or few people know how to use it (if they bothered to read it exists...see: Wii Shop Channel). Been to busy Wal-Marts and local community college so far, among less crowded stores. Hoping when I go to the mall to pick up Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (or before) that I have some luck. I did fear this, though. That it'd be hard finding people for it here, for one reason or another. Guess another thing is people may be afraid of taking 3DS with them, for fear of losing it/having it stolen.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

rolLTheDice

Once i get my hardcase or once the weather forecast says "no rain today" i'll too be crushed because i don't get any hits.
And since i'm very curious maybe you can clear this thing up.

• If you get a puzzle piece from someone can you still use his Mii right away in the RPG ? It's not like it's puzzle or RPG use, right ?

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

ImDiggerDan

Correct, LTD. They can do both. Just don't shut down the app until you've used them and they'll be there.

www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Papa_Godzilla

LTD wrote:

Once i get my hardcase or once the weather forecast says "no rain today" i'll too be crushed because i don't get any hits.
And since i'm very curious maybe you can clear this thing up.

• If you get a puzzle piece from someone can you still use his Mii right away in the RPG ? It's not like it's puzzle or RPG use, right ?

you can do both only once per meeting.

Papa_Godzilla

TeeJay

QUESTION! Will Streetpass work if I'm playing a DS game and my 3DS system is in sleep mode? It's driving me nuts because I'm playing Pokemon Black and Mario 64 DS at the moment and I don't want to exit the game just for a chance at getting a hit at streetpass.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Toad64

Sorry Tj92, but I'm pretty sure it says in the manual that if you're playing a DS or DSi game in the 3DS, Streetpass is not enabled, you'd have to back out to the Home menu.

Toad64

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.