Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,444

Henmii

Is it just me or does the swimming feel VERY heavy in this game! Like Mario is wearing Iron boots!

Henmii

grumblegrumble

Henmii wrote:

Is it just me or does the swimming feel VERY heavy in this game! Like Mario is wearing Iron boots!

Alot of times, it seems, there are jets of water everywhere... so that makes it much more difficult, too. I love the underwater stages. Not as pretty as SM3DL but gorgeous just the same (for a 2D game.)

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

wobee wrote:

Terave wrote:

Can somebody give me a few reasons to get this game and why it isnt 'yet another Mario game'?

[/div]

It is another Mario game. Do you enjoy Mario games? If yes, buy it. If no, do not buy it. Tough decision, I know.

With Streetpass play, and the upcoming addition of downloadable levels, it's a no brainer for me Plus, yeah, it's a rehash of what we've seen before with New Super Mario Bros on DS but with much more replayability, I think, with the addition of Coin Rush. Go and get it!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Does anyone else find this game... annoying? The constant consumption of coins is ridiculous. I'm at 5000 coins with nearly a million score and I'm only done with first world. To be honest, I'm avoiding all things coins like I would a Paratroopa or a Cheep Cheep.

The first castle was pretty neat though.

Most of the 'hard bits' from this game comes from trying to collect ALL the coins you can, some are in dangerous areas, etc. IF you avoid the coins altogether, then what is the purpose of playing a game which main focus is to collect 'as many coins as you can'? Anyone can blaze through a game by just trying to find an exit. It's the hunting for coins thats what NSMB2 is all about. I wonder if NSMB3 will be "avoid coins at all costs?" lol

Ecto-1

Emaan wrote:

I don't have sparkly stars on my 3D Land because it showed up. Is everyone like 100% sure it doesn't take away that achievement if it simply shows up and you don't use it? Nintendo really should know about this. You should be able to die many times on a level, not cheat your way through, and still be recognized for being a good player.

[/div]

I can confirm that this one will not take away the sparkles just for seeing the box. I have seen the item box appear multiple times, but I have a sparkle on my star.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

e-love

@Ecto-1, that's great news c:

I absolutely love playing as Raccoon Mario, can't get enough of it.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheDreamingHawk

I don't care if mine have a sparkle or not, I just want all 5 stars.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Tasuki

Emaan wrote:

@Ecto-1, that's great news c:

I absolutely love playing as Raccoon Mario, can't get enough of it.

Raccoon Mario FTW. Now if they would just bring back the shoe from SMB3 I would be a happy man.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheDreamingHawk

Why does everyone like the kuriboh's shoe? It only appeared in one level. Next thing you'll know people will want the mega mushroom back in 50 years.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Happy_Mask

This game is awesome! I've been aggressively playing it all day @_@ beat star world. I loved the boss fights. Just saying, nsmb wii had horrid boss battles in comparison to these :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

moomoo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Why would you need that in a mario game?

[/div]

[/div]

Um, because it would allow boundless creativity via user level design and level sharing online?

[/div]

That's as pointless as having a level editor in Final Fantasy or Zelda.

There's this platformer out there that has a level editor. It's called LittleBigPlanet. You may have heard of it.
That pretty much proves why a level editor in a Mario game would rock.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Chrono_Cross

grumblegrumble wrote:

Most of the 'hard bits' from this game comes from trying to collect ALL the coins you can, some are in dangerous areas, etc. IF you avoid the coins altogether, then what is the purpose of playing a game which main focus is to collect 'as many coins as you can'? Anyone can blaze through a game by just trying to find an exit. It's the hunting for coins thats what NSMB2 is all about. I wonder if NSMB3 will be "avoid coins at all costs?" lol

So you're saying I shouldn't play the game at all? I'm 100%'ing all the star coins + secrets at a very fast rate but the coin spam is just ridiculous as I've accumulated 100+ lives in the first world alone.

I will say the level designs are very... interesting. Fun. Creative. I like them. A lot. The first world is pretty swell, too, as I found the expected reused themes to be somewhat nonexistent. Or in English: There may be reused themes, enemies and even songs, but the layouts and backgrounds are completely different (most of the time). Maybe evaluating a Mario isn't such a good idea?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

noname001

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I don't care if mine have a sparkle or not, I just want all 5 stars.

I agree. I want to complete the game, a tiny bit of extra glitter on my select screen makes no difference to me.

noname001

Chrono_Cross

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

lol @Chrono, weren't you one of the first people to hate on this game complaining it was too similar and lazy?

It's very lazy. The Galaxy duo released two years n between one another whereas the handheld New series released six years from another. The difference? The Galaxy games were actually full fledged sequels with new and remixed music, completely different levels, new, original gimmicks, new power ups and so on.

This game rehashes ideas from Super Mario World and power ups from SMB3 and plays it too safe by being essentially a New Super Bros. 1.5 or in other words, an expansion pack.

Just for you.

Chrono_Cross

What do you mean one of the stars? But yeah, I 100%'d the first world with 100+ lives. Crazy I know.

Just for you.

KaiserGX

One of the requirements to get one of the five stars on your profile is too get 3 Crowns worth of lives. Speaking of which now that anyone has it I can't seem to find a Star Coin in World 1... nah maybe I should keep looking for it...

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

TeeJay

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

lol @Chrono, weren't you one of the first people to hate on this game complaining it was too similar and lazy?

It's very lazy. The Galaxy duo released two years n between one another whereas the handheld New series released six years from another. The difference? The Galaxy games were actually full fledged sequels with new and remixed music, completely different levels, new, original gimmicks, new power ups and so on.

This game rehashes ideas from Super Mario World and power ups from SMB3 and plays it too safe by being essentially a New Super Bros. 1.5 or in other words, an expansion pack.

Why are you surprised? I mean, The NL review stated multiple times that it doesn't do much that's actually new. It's not like this was a big secret.

I knew there wouldn't be much new ideas but I bought the game anyway because I love my 2D Mario games. And since I knew what to expect I adjusted my expectations accordingly and I still enjoy the game a lot.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.