Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,444

Luffymcduck

Geonjaha wrote:

Luffymcduck wrote:

I just got 14 724 from Mushroom Pack in Coin Rush. 1-A is a great level to start.
I also got 100% in the adventure mode today. I found all the star coins on my own, but there were three secret exits I couldn´t find without the help of internet.

[/div]

I was about to say good job - but then you mentioned you got the internet to help; thus making it no achievment.

Aw man! That´s gonna hurt my Nintendo gamer score... though we don´t have that so it´s OK. I don´t use internet very often for finding secrets for my games, but if I´ve tried literally everything (expect hitting that random invisible block) I give up. Those three secret exits I couldn´t find were the hardest secrets for me in any Mario game to find. I should say congratulations for developers for that achievement.

Anyways, I got like 14 900 and so coins from Mushroom pack today. 1-A is a great level to start. I have over 315 000 coins by know, wonder how much time it´ll take to get that 1 000 000. You sure get lot more coins while playing Coin Rush than in Adventure mode. I still wish there´ll be a New Super Mario Bros that has a level editor in the future. An official one I mean, you can do that kind of stuff on Wii already...

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Terave

Can somebody give me a few reasons to get this game and why it isnt 'yet another Mario game'?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

noname001

Terave wrote:

Can somebody give me a few reasons to get this game and why it isnt 'yet another Mario game'?

It is another Mario game. Do you enjoy Mario games? If yes, buy it. If no, do not buy it. Tough decision, I know.

noname001

Whopper744

If you really want a somewhat fresher dose of Mario platforming then go for it.
I've played the first 2 and a half worlds and it's good. Not much different then what we've all seen before though...
Kind of feel like they have been going somewhat bare bones lately.

I like all these games very much, but :

Mario Kart 7 - took away mission mode ; random character roster
Mario Tennis Open - Besides the new system to hit special shots, not much that new here ; Took out the RPG that everyone was asking for
This game - Feels like there could have been just alittle something more...like online co op, or those minigames that was in the first game (or something similiar to those games).

Even so, if you have the money and you like Mario, I'd still go for it.

Edited on by Whopper744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

TheDreamingHawk

TeeJay wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Why would you need that in a mario game?

[/div]

Um, because it would allow boundless creativity via user level design and level sharing online?

That's as pointless as having a level editor in Final Fantasy or Zelda.

Regardless, beat the game in just 5 hours by using shortcuts and blazing through everything. That was to unlock Luigi, though. NOW the real game begins and I'll be collecting all of the star coins.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Geonjaha

I'll never understand these strange obsessions people have with Luigi.
Must be because of some phycological problems due to overshadowing in early life.
JK Guys....please dont kill me. >.>

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DeMoN-13ruce

i like luigi mario and wario and wario

sadly no warioland title for a long time now:(

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Joeynator3000

...Nothing wrong with have a level creator in a Mario Bros game. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

EvilRegal

A question, everybody: How many times can you die on one level before the Super Guide (or whatever) appears? I don't want to lose the sparklies to the stars I eventually get (I hate that just making it appear screws up your sparklies ... shouldn't unless you USE IT).

@Red_Acteur_2
I'd like a pet Reznor! They are cuter here (and I say that having not gotten to later levels where they may frustrate me, LOL). Here in NSMB 2, they remind me a bit of Rambi in Donkey Kong Country. They should make stuffed Reznors for Club Nintendo rewards!

@Late
Glad you enjoyed it! When I got the game yesterday, I was excited about reaching the first mini-fortress to fight one and hear the music! It's definitely one of my favorites from SMW. My favorites are probably the castle and underwater music (Forest of Illusion, as the maps go).

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Geonjaha

FluttershyGuy wrote:

A question, everybody: How many times can you die on one level before the Super Guide (or whatever) appears? I don't want to lose the sparklies to the stars I eventually get (I hate that just making it appear screws up your sparklies ... shouldn't unless you USE IT).

I know - it's horrible game design. The game has low difficulty, getting hundreds of lives is simple even for a 5 year old, powerups are everywhere - but even if you breeze through the whole game with no troubles, the ultimate trophy gets taken away from you because you died 5 times on one difficult section...
It's features like this that are making me lose interest in Mario games unfortunately.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Ecto-1

It won't take away the sparkles just for seeing the white leaf box. You only lose the sparkles if you use it. I have seen the box 3 or 4 times but never used its evil power and I still have my sparkles on my one little lonesome star.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Joeynator3000

...I thought the block appearing did nothing...that getting the actual power up messes it up.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JohnPhilipSousa

Eureka wrote:

...I thought the block appearing did nothing...that getting the actual power up messes it up.

[/div]

In Super Mario 3D Land I think that might be true. I never took the risk though. But I heard that NSMB Wii made it so that if it even appeared it would mess it up. A good way to be safe about it would be to just use a cannon level, or a fortress/castle level to save. I still am cautious about it though, so I value my lives more. I might experiment with this by making a second copy of my file.

Edited on by JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

e-love

I don't have sparkly stars on my 3D Land because it showed up. Is everyone like 100% sure it doesn't take away that achievement if it simply shows up and you don't use it? Nintendo really should know about this. You should be able to die many times on a level, not cheat your way through, and still be recognized for being a good player.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

grumblegrumble

Just purchased NSMB2 from Gamestop today and I'm loving it... Absolute gem. Yeah, not much innovative in the way of 3DS content but I am loving the subtle 3D with this 2D game. Someone on here above said it looks weird but I am loving it, it looks kind of like Kid Icarus 3D Classics in the way its subtle 3D pops out. Just unlocked Coin Rush mode. Loving this

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

Geonjaha wrote:

I'll never understand these strange obsessions people have with Luigi.
Must be because of some phycological problems due to overshadowing in early life.
JK Guys....please dont kill me. >.>

lol. It's the Jan Brady (middle child) complex. "It's always Marsha Marsha Marsha!" (Just replace Marsha with Mario.) lol

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Chrono_Cross

Does anyone else find this game... annoying? The constant consumption of coins is ridiculous. I'm at 5000 coins with nearly a million score and I'm only done with first world. To be honest, I'm avoiding all things coins like I would a Paratroopa or a Cheep Cheep.

The first castle was pretty neat though.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Snagrio

I should be able to get it sometime this week, whenever somebody goes to Target (that's where I get all my games, since it's the closest place where I'm at).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Tasuki

Picked it up from Target and I am enjoying it. Yeah its kinda the same thing but what can I say its a Mario game. I love the return of the Raccoon power up along with the dash meter and whistling sound when you fill it up, that sure brought back memories. The only thing is with the grab as many Coin goal I find myself grabbing every one I can in a level. Even if I use a pipe for example and I come out ahead in the level I go back and grab the coins I missed cause I went the pipe route lol. One question though do you use the Giant Star coins to unlock castles like you did in SM3DL?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.