3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

881. Posted:

You gotta wonder why Wario isn't here, lol.
You would expect him to be here nabbing all these coins...then again it make sense for everyone to pay him instead. (you know, the whole Game & Wario game) xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

willobee

882. Posted:

Just downloaded the game... took only ten minutes! I'm impressed. And good gawd is it one pretty platformer.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

883. Posted:

@Emaan
You are not alone! :D Buying mine tomorrow too. Given the choice between DL/physical, I always get a physical copy and always will. Along with the other benefits, going to GameSpot tomorrow will give me a chance at StreetPasses from others who chose the physical copy route. Unless almost everyone here downloads, in which I'll be like "curses, foiled again!" :P

@Firejonie
I'm being severely tempted to download despite my reservation too, but I'm trying to ignore my impatient side (although that would test my patience too, since I have a low-end Internet plan). I'm going early tomorrow too, unless I'm my typically lazy self that winds up getting up in the afternoon after saying I'll get up bright & early LOL.

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

BenAV

884. Posted:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

Along with the other benefits, going to GameSpot tomorrow will give me a chance at StreetPasses from others who chose the physical copy route.

Apart from you don't start StreetPassing until you complete Coin Rush for the first time and you can't do that until you get to the end of the first world, so don't expect too many StreetPasses when you go to pick it up. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

885. Posted:

Almost finished with the first world now, FINALLY after waiting almost 2(!) hours for the game to download (my internet connection must really suck, huh? :P) My first impressions: Yeah, it's the same 'ol Mario in a lot of ways, but collecting coins is fun. Even though I know the reward for collecting a million is sort of lackluster, I still wanna get it. Some sort of little mechanism in my brain is stimulated by this, even though it probably shouldn't be (shrug). Also, a lot of reviewers have complained about the 3D, but I've enjoyed it. It adds a graphical sharpness to the game and a little bit of depth. I never really expected a 2D Mario game to make massive use of 3D anyway, you know? I definitely have been one to complain about this game from the trailers and videos and such that I've seen, but actually playing it is a lot of fun; I should never have doubted that fact. The only complaint I have so far is that the audio (at least in the downloadable version) is SO quiet. I'm gonna have to get a set of volume-adjustable headphones, I think (even though, yeah, it's the same soundtrack from NSMBW, only with a few extra "bah"'s here and there).

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

886. Posted:

I downloaded this at midnight. I'm really enjoying this. I've always loved collecting things in video games, so all these coins to collect really help me to keep from beating the game too quickly.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

sykotek

887. Posted:

Yay, bought mine in store...and it only cost me $29.99! :D

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Luffymcduck

888. Posted:

I just got 14 724 from Mushroom Pack in Coin Rush. 1-A is a great level to start.
I also got 100% in the adventure mode today. I found all the star coins on my own, but there were three secret exits I couldn´t find without the help of internet. And those were cheap too: hitting a random invisible block somewhere to find the path? Normally, there´s a hint near such blocks, like a coin or something. Other than those "few too random to find exits" it was a very good game. Coin Rush is really addictive.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

889. Posted:

On my first try I got to go into the secret world (didn't finish world 1 yet or went to world 2 yet) and getting myself in world 3, and since I got the DL version I got 110 club nintendo coins (extra 10 for intending to get it) and will get a extra 10 next week.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

890. Posted:

I'm surprised on how GOOD the framerate is! It's nice and smoother compared to NSMBW. Since I loved Luigi I decided to take every last shortcut to get to world 6 and beat the game to get him. Only 2 more levels to go... Thank you Mushroom and Flower worlds!

Can someone tell me how to get all 5 profile stars, BTW? I just want to make sure so I will have some challenges to do after I get all of the star coins.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

891. Posted:

Get All Short Cuts, Beat the Game once, get All Star Coins, Get all Moon Coins, Get 3 Crowns of lives.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

892. Posted:

Moon coins? What are those?

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

893. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Moon coins? What are those?

Same as StarCoins but in the World Star.

Can't have StarCoins in the Star World. That'd be crazy!

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

894. Posted:

Luffymcduck wrote:

I just got 14 724 from Mushroom Pack in Coin Rush. 1-A is a great level to start.
I also got 100% in the adventure mode today. I found all the star coins on my own, but there were three secret exits I couldn´t find without the help of internet.

I was about to say good job - but then you mentioned you got the internet to help; thus making it no achievment.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

895. Posted:

I got my physical copy today and beat the game not too long ago. Overall, my expectations for this game were met. Yes, it's bascially a portable NSMBW, but there are some elements from the first NSMB. While original music would've helped, I still had fun collecting coins and my platforming senses were satsified, just as I thought would happen.

Now that I've thought about it, I'm a tad surprised that there was no mention at all about why there were so many coins and why there were coin-producing power-ups everywhere. Not even Bowser was behind it all. Was it just another typical day in the Mushroom Kingdom? Mario games aren't known for stories, of course, but not even addressing the coin phenomenon in the plot leaves unanswered questions.

But that's just a nitpick; this is still a good game for what it's worth.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DeMoN-13ruce

896. Posted:

They should add an lv creator and online coop with new super mario bros u....

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

897. Posted:

DeMoN-13ruce wrote:

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Why would you need that in a mario game?

Anyway, NSMBU does have miiverse interactions, which is the next best thing. Plus you can torment your buddies by placing traps all over the place with the game pad.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

898. Posted:

[quote=DeMoN-13ruce]

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Why would you need that in a mario game?
quote]
What he said was a good idea, we would need it so the game has ALOT more replay value, people could make challenging ones, themed ones, etc.What we have now in NSMB2 is a short game that will be played for a week or less and then will stop, it would be nice to try hundreds or more levels made by others.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

899. Posted:

Well, I'll have you know of a little secret...

STAR COINS,PROFILE STARS AND DLC.

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

900. Posted:

Halfway through World 6, and so far I like it. I definitely like it better than the Wii one, but I am still undecided on if I like it better than the one for DS (yes I was that one weird person who liked the DS one better than the Wii one). I wish the mid-world bosses were more creative though. I don't get what they were going for with the 3D blurring the backgrounds. Oh, well, at least the battery likes it! :) Overall, it seems to be more or less exactly what I thought it would be; a fun little platformer that will be great for quick gaming fixes when I am on my break at work!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989