3DS Forum

Topic: New Super Mario Bros 2

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,512

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

1,441. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

So, am I the only one here who's maxed out the coin counter in New Super Mario Bros 2?

Pshhhh I still haven't hit 1 million yet. Crazy I know. :p

Me neither

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,442. Posted:

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Hokori

1,443. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Don't blame you. It's pretty dang tedious to even reach a million coins, let alone maxing out the counter. Took quite a bit of determination to get over how dull the whole process was (playing a ton of coin rush including the 3-4 trick).

I'm at about 2 and a half million

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

1,444. Posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the 3-4 trick?

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,445. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Yeah. It kinda sucks the fun out of it for me. I'm at 800,000. I've used the 3-4 trick, and also played the Gold Rush DLC pack tons of times to get to this many.

I can't help but think perhaps the coin goal should have been lower, or more connected to the main game. Because it would take forever to get 1 million only through the story mode, and that's when the game was most fresh.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,446. Posted:

Yeah, the million coin goal should have been tied into story mode more. Heck, they probably should have had even more levels and worlds in story mode, or more coins in the worlds just to make it less tedious to reach the million point. Because as of now, you're going to get what, about a hundred thousand coins on a playthrough of the main adventure? That should have been more like eight hundred thousand coins by Dry Bowser, so that you only had to play a bit of coin rush to reach the target.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,447. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Yeah, the million coin goal should have been tied into story mode more. Heck, they probably should have had even more levels and worlds in story mode, or more coins in the worlds just to make it less tedious to reach the million point. Because as of now, you're going to get what, about a hundred thousand coins on a playthrough of the main adventure? That should have been more like eight hundred thousand coins by Dry Bowser, so that you only had to play a bit of coin rush to reach the target.

Lol 100,000 coins. I finished the story mode with like 35,000.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Hokori

1,448. Posted:

The_Other_M wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the 3-4 trick?

On world 3-4 go to the end of the level without using the gold flower instead use the raccoon tail, hit the block that goes up to a lone Koopa, hit the Koopa with the tail down to the block and the vine, go to the vine turn gold and the Koopa will get up and hit you and then the block and it repeats until you get 30,000 coins. Do this over and over for more coins

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,449. Posted:

If it helps, here's a video showing the trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gAZuW7Ykho&feature=youtu.be

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

1,450. Posted:

@HarmoKnight and @CM30
Very cool. I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for the help. :)

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,451. Posted:

How do you get gold flowers for the coin rush stages? I have a golden flower in my bubble but it doesn't show up when I play coin rush.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,452. Posted:

What do you mean? You always start with one Gold Flower per coin rush pack run, and you find others in the levels.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,453. Posted:

Maybe i've just been missing something, idk I guess i'm just dull.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

1,454. Posted:

Any impressions on the new DLC?

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Xilef

1,455. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

How do you get gold flowers for the coin rush stages? I have a golden flower in my bubble but it doesn't show up when I play coin rush.

Complete the game.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,456. Posted:

You have to beat the game to get that? I don't remember that.

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,457. Posted:

... You may not remember it, but you have to complete the game.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

1,458. Posted:

I tries to get as little coins as I could in the Gold Rush pack and made it to level 3 with 199 coins but died because you need a fire flower to get past the thwomps

Noob_The_Third

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,459. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

But...why did you do that?! All you get is a different trophy in the title screen. That definitely not worth hours and hours of endless grinding.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

1,460. Posted:

@Everyonesayingit'shardtomaxoutcoins
It's supposed to be a passive goal. That's why Nintendo is pushing DLC. They offer DLC to get you to increase your playing, and you passively work towards the goal.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa