Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,215

Zsxdflip

JaythekidRS wrote:

CM30 wrote:

I have to wonder how the hell you got an F rank. Seems like something you've have to actually try and get.

Then again, what version of the game were you playing? Because the PAL version makes it physically impossible to get an A rank without the hidden mansion and I think increases the number of coins required to get ranks, so maybe it's to do with that.

Care to explain what a PAL version is? I know there's a Mario Tennis Open PAL version, but I don't know what PAL is...

Lol wow... Have ya heard of this called Google? It's very useful to people like you! Sort of shocking that you don't know what PAL is though, seeing as how you're posting on Nintendo Life forums, and Nintendo Life is based in and has main operations in a PAL country. Guess some people just aren't very bright in the head...

Edited on by Zsxdflip

Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code:1248-0956-7211

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3868-8536-1711

Nintendo Network ID: Zsxdflip | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Zsxdflip wrote:

JaythekidRS wrote:

CM30 wrote:

I have to wonder how the hell you got an F rank. Seems like something you've have to actually try and get.

Then again, what version of the game were you playing? Because the PAL version makes it physically impossible to get an A rank without the hidden mansion and I think increases the number of coins required to get ranks, so maybe it's to do with that.

Care to explain what a PAL version is? I know there's a Mario Tennis Open PAL version, but I don't know what PAL is...

Lol wow... Have ya heard of this called Google? It's very useful to people like you! Sort of shocking that you don't know what PAL is though, seeing as how you're posting on Nintendo Life forums, and Nintendo Life is based in and has main operations in a PAL country. Guess some people just aren't very bright in the head...

He asked a simple question, no need to mock him about it.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Happy_Mask

Emaan wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Do any of you think that the sequel will have "bookcase foreshadowing"! Remember those sections were you could go up to the bookcases and read a small description of a portrait ghost you would have to face in the near future! Despite the lack of portrait ghosts, maybe it would hint the boss in every mansion...... which I’m not even sure if there is one in every mansion >:[

Not trying to dock the sequel, but I highly doubt it. There's a lot of wonderful things in the original I just don't expect to be replicated this time around. Not necessarily a bad thing, just from what I've seen Next Level Games seems to have taken a slightly different approach with this one.

I do doubt it'll beat the original, as the original is one of the best games I've ever played, but it still looks awesome and faithful enough that I won't have to fanboy rage.

SkywardLink98

@JaythekidRS

PAL means a European copy of the game. NTSC is American, and I;m not sure what Japanese is. On every console and game it'll tell you what region it's from and typically you have to match the regions (region-locking). It'd be pretty hard to get the wrong type though because they don't sell PAL copies in America or NTSC copies in Europe. Some slight differences will be noticed in the game, like different voice actors, occasionally some lines and visuals are changed though too do to the culture in the country. I heard somewhere Dark Pit was called Black Pit in Europe but they had to change that for the American release.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CM30

Personally, I think it could well beat the original. After all, we don't know what any boss or portrait ghosts are like, what twists and turns the story takes or the designs of later mansions. And the original game certainly wasn't perfect...

Oh, and I'd love if they used this music in some form:

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

e-love

CM30 wrote:

And the original game certainly wasn't perfect...

Oh yes it was.

In my opinion at least, I don't care if its short. I wouldn't change anything about the original.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

GamecubeMan

I think not having portrait ghosts is a step back for the series. It was kinda fun finding out small back stories to the portrait ghosts; it gave the game some replay value. (even though most reviews I've seen for LM say there was little to none :l ) There were several ways to do this using the Gameboy Horror, "Bookcase foreshadowing" and sometimes the ghosts would even tell their backstory.
Removing Protrait Ghosts makes me question the depth of this game. Sure the game has also taken a few steps forward by adding more mansion and a couple new abilities to the vaccum (the exact name slips my mined at the moment) but it's kind of challenging to determine which game will out shine the other. Mostly because Nintendo hasnt really explained that much about Dark Moon IMO.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

CM30

GamecubeMan wrote:

I think not having portrait ghosts is a step back for the series. It was kinda fun finding out small back stories to the portrait ghosts; it gave the game some replay value. (even though most reviews I've seen for LM say there was little to none :l ) There were several ways to do this using the Gameboy Horror, "Bookcase foreshadowing" and sometimes the ghosts would even tell their backstory.
Removing Protrait Ghosts makes me question the depth of this game. Sure the game has also taken a few steps forward by adding more mansion and a couple new abilities to the vaccum (the exact name slips my mined at the moment) but it's kind of challenging to determine which game will out shine the other. Mostly because Nintendo hasnt really explained that much about Dark Moon IMO.

Do we know that there aren't portrait ghosts in this game? For all we know, that boss guy we saw in an early trailer might be one, and others might exist in later mansions.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Geonjaha

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Oh yes it was.

In my opinion at least, I don't care if its short. I wouldn't change anything about the original.

People don't seem to realise that the length of a game doesn't relate to its quality. A game being short doesn't make it bad - and I'd also prefer a short game that was perfect from start to finish than a longer game that outstayed its welcome. I'm not saying anything about how good Luigi's Mansion is though as I've never played it - but if length is ones only complaint then it's a brilliant game.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Happy_Mask

Emaan wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Oh yes it was.

/me high fives Emaan
That it is my friend, that it is. :3

GamecubeMan

Im pretty sure the giant spider in the trailer is a boss But your right, that mummy could be a protrait ghost. Nintendo has kept most of the story a secret but it seems your probably going to obtain the dark moon pieces for E. Gadd. Maybe we will see a couple of bosses/protrait ghosts on the way but it will become less frequent. @CM30

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Zsxdflip

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@JaythekidRS

PAL means a European copy of the game. NTSC is American, and I;m not sure what Japanese is.

I believe Japan is NTSC-J

Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code:1248-0956-7211

Pokemon White Friend Code: 3868-8536-1711

Nintendo Network ID: Zsxdflip | Twitter:

NintendoFlow

I Cant wait to get my hands on a New Luigi's Mansion game. Its been soo many years

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4441-8622-9290

3DS Friend Code: 4441-8622-9290 | Twitter:

Arianabtd

I kinda put this game out of my head since we had no release date, but now that we have one for America I'm really excited.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I've got like five games I'm buying before this. Ugh I wish it was a month latter. Now the mad rush to save money ensues! Can't wait though. It's been waaaaaay too long since I've played luigis Mansion!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Man, I love having a birthday in March. I still need to play the original game though, the copy I bought had a scratched disc but I'm still hyped for Dark Moon.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

e-love

March 24, 2013!

@Konata, I agree. Actually knowing the release date hypes me up so much more now.

Interesting this is being released the same day as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, if anyone noticed.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Arianabtd

Emaan wrote:

March 24, 2013!

@Konata, I agree. Actually knowing the release date hypes me up so much more now.

Interesting this is being released the same day as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, if anyone noticed.

holy crap, no way!

I'm gonna have money troubles now -_-

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.