3DS Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong 64 3D! This could happen!

Showing 1 to 20 of 107

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sam322

1. Posted:

i also posted a video of it on youtube check out my channel, and do you agree?

If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!
My e-mail: samhijjazi@yahoo.com
youtube aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews
3ds friend code:3523-2083-5529
3ds games: super street fighter 4, ghost recon shadow wars,resident evil the mercenaries 3D, Tetris Axis, SM3DL, FIFA 12, MK7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

2. Posted:

It could but I think nintendo shouldn't be doing any other remakes. Maybe Majora's Mask but nothing else.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sam322

3. Posted:

majora's mask is wonderful, but they already released ocarina of time. Nintendo should give a chance to have an excellent game from a different series

If there is a broil between 3DS and PS VITA, then GO 3DS!!!
My e-mail: samhijjazi@yahoo.com
youtube aCCOUNT: Sams3dsReviews
3ds friend code:3523-2083-5529
3ds games: super street fighter 4, ghost recon shadow wars,resident evil the mercenaries 3D, Tetris Axis, SM3DL, FIFA 12, MK7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

4. Posted:

I think they should remake Donkey Kong 64 because it isn't on vc which is probably due to the Rare coin and Jetpac being in the game so they could remak DK64 with better graphics, more content and without the thing s preventing it getting a wii vc release but maybe they should wait until the 3DS has more new games on so that it doesn't have too many remakes on it.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Yrreiht

5. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

It could but I think nintendo shouldn't be doing any other remakes. Maybe Majora's Mask but nothing else.

why not? Starfox 64 and Zelda Oot remakes were great. A donkey kong 64 remake would be awesome.

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

6. Posted:

The problem with the 3DS right now is that there's not original content for the system. Porting over more unoriginal content won't solve that issue. While it would be nice to see DK64 again on the 3DS with some prettier assets, it's not gonna convince people that the 3DS is the right handheld to own for the next few years.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MarPokeSon334

7. Posted:

hmmmm smart thinking i like it donkey kong 64 3d will be beast! :D and if they do they have to remake jet force gemini that game was epic! :DD

reason why my username is MarPokeSon well because... I LIKE MARIO POKEMON AND SONIC!... yesh FT
3ds friend code: 4983-5109-4673

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

8. Posted:

A remake of a terrible game? No.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

9. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I think they should remake Donkey Kong 64 because it isn't on vc which is probably due to the Rare coin and Jetpac being in the game so they could remak DK64 with better graphics, more content and without the thing s preventing it getting a wii vc release but maybe they should wait until the 3DS has more new games on so that it doesn't have too many remakes on it.

the jetpac like the flying jetpack? you mean to tell me a "jetpack" is one of the reasons preventing release thats just crazy theres jetpacks out there in other games today unless im missing something here :P

If thats the only way to get Donkey Kong 64 in some shape or form then i welcome it for the 3DS i long to play it again still remeber some of the times in the past playing it

Edited on by DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintendo6400

10. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

A remake of a terrible game? No.

DUDE that game was AWESOME!!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OrdonianLink

11. Posted:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

A remake of a terrible game? No.

DUDE that game was AWESOME!!

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & Link977
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day
Where the NL Chat was born... kinda

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836

♪All Those Years Ago♪

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Flamingbird

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

12. Posted:

Due to the fact that that Jetpac mini game plays such a big part in DK64 I dont ever seeing DK64 coming to a Nintendo system. I mean if they could have done it it would be on the Wii VC already. The fact of the matter that you need to play the Jetpac game to get a complete game is the problem and removing it would just mean you could never get a complete game.

The only thing at this point is if you really want to play this game I suggest tracking down a N64 and a copy of the game.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

13. Posted:

I'd rather see Retro Studios make Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on 3DS.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2: Echoes

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

14. Posted:

SuperSushiLax wrote:

I'd rather see Retro Studios make Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on 3DS.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2: Echoes

This sounds 100x better than a cruddy remake of that game.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

15. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I think they should remake Donkey Kong 64 because it isn't on vc which is probably due to the Rare coin and Jetpac being in the game so they could remak DK64 with better graphics, more content and without the thing s preventing it getting a wii vc release but maybe they should wait until the 3DS has more new games on so that it doesn't have too many remakes on it.

the jetpac like the flying jetpack? you mean to tell me a "jetpack" is one of the reasons preventing release thats just crazy theres jetpacks out there in other games today unless im missing something here :P

If thats the only way to get Donkey Kong 64 in some shape or form then i welcome it for the 3DS i long to play it again still remeber some of the times in the past playing it

You are missing something here. To get through a part of the game, you had to play an arcade game made by Rare called Jetpac. I can't remember why you had to do that as I haven't played the game but from what Tasuki is saying, it sounds like that may be to much of an essential part of the game but I hope that Nintendo can find a way around this if they think of doing a 3DS remake of this game as I would really like to play it.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

16. Posted:

just play one of the Banjo Kazooie games. It's the same thing but much better and you won't have to go through every part of every level 5 times.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

17. Posted:

I might be wrong here but isn't DK64 "owned" by Rare, who are also owned by Microsoft? This would explain why DK64 never got released (or re-released) on the Wii Shop Channel... but whatever you do, don't expect a remake. also I want original software, not MORE ports from the N64

SuperSushiLax wrote:

I'd rather see Retro Studios make Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 on 3DS.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2: Echoes

But I do like this idea! This idea is awesome.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RYBlast

18. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

A remake of a terrible game? No.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

19. Posted:

I say heck yes! Donkey Kong 64 was awesome back in the day and a remake would be great! :D (A Majora's Mask remake would also be awesome!)

To all the people wanting an original Donkey Kong game, who said that both (a new game and remake) could not happen? ;)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheetahman91

20. Posted:

Ugh no thanks. I haven't even bothered to finish the original yet. It's just a boring collect-a-thon.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91