Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 161 to 180 of 245

LordJumpMad

I'm for one is for this!
Haters are gonna hate when they see me with my Big-o'-3DS!
and its gonna look sexy~

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

skywake

If people want a 3DS redesign the best they can hope for are better screens and reduced power consumption. Unless it's a 3DS-XL and then they might also get a larger capacity battery and the slim possibility of a second Circle Pad

Whatever the case I'd be more than happy to bet against a second circle pad on a redesign

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

LordTendoboy

skywake wrote:

Redesigning the cartridge and removing DS backwards compatibility

What nonsense is that? The DS and 3DS use the same-size game cards, they both go in the same slot. Removing DS compatibility would be a software issue, not hardware.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

skywake wrote:

If people want a 3DS redesign the best they can hope for are better screens and reduced power consumption. Unless it's a 3DS-XL and then they might also get a larger capacity battery and the slim possibility of a second Circle Pad

Whatever the case I'd be more than happy to bet against a second circle pad on a redesign

It's a simple fix. Just move the power button to the side of the unit, just below the wireless switch. Then put the second analog pad below the A B X Y buttons.

[...

Aviator

tendoboy1984 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Redesigning the cartridge and removing DS backwards compatibility

What nonsense is that? The DS and 3DS use the same-size game cards, they both go in the same slot. Removing DS compatibility would be a software issue, not hardware.

I love it when people read.

skywake wrote:

Redesigning the cartridge and removing DS backwards compatibility, removing the SD card, smaller battery or something similar.

tendoboy1984 wrote:

skywake wrote:

It's a simple fix. Just move the power button to the side of the unit, just below the wireless switch. Then put the second analog pad below the A B X Y buttons.

I love it when people can read and look at pictures.

Oregano wrote:

Saying there's no room for stuff isn't just PR speak. Here's a photo of the 3DS' insides.
Untitled

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

moosa

LordJumpMad wrote:

I'm for one is for this!
Haters are gonna hate when they see me with my Big-o'-3DS!
and its gonna look sexy~

Iknowrite? This is like one of those things... "I like big butts and I cannot lie..."

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

LordTendoboy

Aviator wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Redesigning the cartridge and removing DS backwards compatibility, removing the SD card, smaller battery or something similar.

But removing backwards compatibility would kill one of the major selling points of the 3DS. It would be like removing Game Boy compatibility from the Game Boy Color. It's not like you can download DS games on the 3DS... yet?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

skywake

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

skywake wrote:

But removing backwards compatibility would kill one of the major selling points of the 3DS. It would be like removing Game Boy compatibility from the Game Boy Color. It's not like you can download DS games on the 3DS... yet?

I was saying they could have done that when they were originally designing the 3DS in order to get the second circle pad. I agree with you saying that removing DS backwards compatibility would have sucked and I'm fairly sure that's why they didn't do that. If they had to include the second circle pad though they would have had to squeeze space from somewhere. Shrinking the cartridge size is pretty much one of the only ways they could have reclaimed that space.

They obviously can't change it now and that's one of the main reasons why I highly doubt we'll see a redesign in the way people are suggesting.

Bankai

thelastlemming wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

If this happens, I will be done with Nintendo.

Hang on. You'll be done with Nintendo for improving the 3DS?!?

For that matter, why the heck are so many people throwing a tantrum over something that improves the 3DS?!?

The attachment is ugly as sin, and it looks about as comfortable to hold as a ripe banana.

There is no question that Nintendo has shaken the faith in its products to the core by first admitting to overpricing their hardware, and now by bringing the design itself back onto the cutting floor. I see a lack of confidence exemplified in the top brass that trickles down straight into the consumers' pocketbooks, this is Nintendo tripping over itself to attract an audience it already has.

Yeah, let's judge how comfortable things are to use before we've used one. Good idea.

Anyone remember how comfortable the original Classic Controller looked?

skywake

WaltzElf wrote:

A lot less comfortable than this thing because this actually looks quite comfortable......

even though when I first saw the CC all i thought was "that'll be great for the SNES VC. This Wii thing will be awesome, did you see the Super Mario Galaxy trailer?". If I was thinking about the position of L2, R2 or the location of the analogue sticks at the time I probably would have thought it was horrible.

Slapshot

@Waltz I for one think that the frustrations are completely justifiable. Most people's budgets continue to tighten as the economy continually worsens and it was hard for many to afford a gaming only handheld. The fact that the possibilities of being able to play games on this system in the near future will require a cheap third party peripheral, or buying a redesigned system are quite real, makes it completely understandable to myself.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

moosa

skywake wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

A lot less comfortable than this thing because this actually looks quite comfortable......

I agree; in fact I'm almost certain that this will be more comfortable than the little rectangle body of the 3DS.
The Classic Controller is uncomfortable simply because there isn't really anything for your fingers to grip. I haven't actually used one but I believe this issue was eliminated with the Classic Controller Pro design. I think this will be a similar type of thing. Yes it will be significantly bulkier, and add some amount of weight, but it will also probably give you a better, more comfortable surface to hold on to.

Edited on by moosa

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

Bankai

Slapshot wrote:

@Waltz I for one think that the frustrations are completely justifiable. Most people's budgets continue to tighten as the economy continually worsens and it was hard for many to afford a gaming only handheld. The fact that the possibilities of being able to play games on this system in the near future will require a cheap third party peripheral, or buying a redesigned system are quite real, makes it completely understandable to myself.

But it's ok to buy four WiiMotes, Nunchucks, Balance Boards, Classic Controllers, WiiMotion Pluses, and whatever else Nintendo has thrown our way over the years. Literally the only difference here is this is a handheld, and apparently people don't like accessories for handhelds.

Don't buy it if you don't want it. You'll miss out on some games, but if you really wanted to play those games, then surely this accessory is worthwhile. I can't play U Draw, or Wii Fit, because I don't have the U Draw tablet or a balance board any more. I don't mind the former, and while I like Wii Fit, I can live without having it.

We don't even know how much Nintendo is charging for this, BTW. It's probably going to be reasonable.

Edited on by Bankai

skywake

WaveBoy wrote:

if anything I can't stand those flippin' squishy Push-sensitive L & R Buttons. Nintendo should of opted for 'clicky' L & R buttons like the CC PRO....Because using the squishy L & R buttons makes it feel akward and weird to use for VC SNES games

If my memory serves me correctly they removed the analogue triggers on the CC Pro because of a patent lawsuit. They were being threatened with ceasing the sale the sale of Classic Controllers and Gamecube Controllers in the US because of it........

The the CC Pro appeared in the middle of all these shenanigans and guess what? No analogue triggers. I wonder why?

Pac-Suit

For people who have been too focus on complaining, This isn't going to be a big deal as people are making it out to be. For what I've seen from the info giving out on MH3G, the add-on isn't essentail to play it. as demostrated by this screenshot showing how the botton screen will work. From what I have read, the D-pad on the lower screen will be used as the camera.
Untitled

The idea of this add-on is too add more control to these games, so in other words...you're not forced to buy it.

Currently Playing: Kirby: Mass Attack
(Can I just leave them there to dance and air-hump?)

BenAV

Now I'm sitting here, holding my Classic Controller Pro, just admiring how comfortable it is in my hands.
Makes life so easy for games like Monster Hunter Tri and Xenoblade Chronicles...
I tend to play some other games like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl with the Gamecube Controller instead though, as that's one of my favourite controllers.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

skywake

I'd laugh hard if this doesn't see the light of day outside of Japan

Pac-Suit

skywake wrote:

And what are the odds, people will complain?

Currently Playing: Kirby: Mass Attack
(Can I just leave them there to dance and air-hump?)

BenAV

skywake wrote:

But I want it. D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

Pac-Suit wrote:

skywake wrote:

And what are the odds, people will complain?

Yep, if it doesn't get released outside of Japan then I'm sure everyone will complain about it.
Nintendo just can't win lol

BenAV

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.