Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 141 to 160 of 245

Birdman

Considering the size of the thing, I hope they also include a battery extension pack within it. If this add-on is reasonably priced, it'd be enough for me to get it.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

y2josh

Corbs wrote:

That's it so far. I'll be anxious to see just how many developers make use of this thing. Will it be prevalent or a forgotten peripheral?

It'll be forgotten next year when they release a 3DS with 2 circle pads built in.

y2josh

komicturtle

You bring a good point.

I was thinking Nintendo should provide a better battery and second slide pad bundled together as soon as I hear about this rumor.

Looking at the size of this thing, it has to have something built in to improve the battery life somehow. That's taking care of one big issue while taking care of the small issue of no second pad.

Reading the interview of the producer of MHTri, he says it's real comftorable and the center feels just right. It apparently does well making it feel the same way as playing MH3 on Wii.

Capcom has influenced Nintendo's work on CCpro. Capcom has done it again with this, although it looks clunky, I'm thinking it'll be better than what we're all thinking. Plus, this can be a useful peripheral. Not necessary for camera controls, but it's welcome.

komicturtle

Xkhaoz

I really hope other devs include support for this in their games. I don't want to buy it and just use it for Monster Hunter.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Slapshot

I've been on a roll with Nintendo predictions as of late: I stated that I thought the Wii U would 'Stream' wireless from the console to a Pad-typed controller months before it was foretold and I also guessed that the 3DS was severely gimped by the lack of a second analogue stick - in turn stopping Vita/3DS ports back and forth. Thing is, sometimes I hate being right!

The lack of adding the second analogue stick for 3DS was a major misjudgment on Nintendo's part, and one that I think shows just how bad they are in need of some better (new) leadership. By this device existing, the 3DS becomes up-to-par with the industry standard (dual-analogue) and having to use gimmick trickery (gyro-controls) to help with camera issues, is no longer necessary. This isn't a standard peripheral that will become quickly overlooked either, it is one that will almost definitely force a system redesign, and it's likely the real reason for the 3DS price drop, Ambassador Program and third party developers pulling their games. Allowing the option for standard controls and the other optional controls interfaces as well, makes it easier for developers to create games in ways that they are comfortable with, and also allowing them the freedom to explore their creativity at the same time, without having to start off development by having to work around system limitations from the start. It makes it less risky for developers, more cost efficient and now, as I've already stated, has the ability to acquire Vita ports - we'll have to wait and see how stripped down they'll be though, as the Vita is a powerhouse, but regardless, it's will likely bring more games to the system, which if the last year is any indication, will be welcomed by 3DS owners.

We've seen a lot of Nintendo peripherals come and go, but they've all been small additions to the system, with exception to the lights for the Gameboy Advance, which became the fantastic Gameboy Advance SP. I think that this is the exact same as what happened to the GBA(SP), but this time around this news is so close to launch and the 3DS cost a lot more too. The redesign will be amazing and the 3DS will become what it should have been in the first place, but what will the cost be to Nintendo. The 3DS is just starting to gain steam in the market and has the holidays sales all to themselves, but how many people are now going to wait for the inevitable redesign? It's one thing to release an amazing add-on that brings something new and innovative to an existing console; it's an entirely different matter to release a new console and then bring a bulky add-on to bring it up to the industry standards that it should have released with in the first place.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

i disagree with you, and just because this is an add-on doesn't mean that there is going to be a redesign of the 3DS. monster hunter can be played with just one analog stick, like it was on the PSP. I still don't believe this anyways. It's a little fishy that it was a UK Nintendo Rep. Since the Sept 13 announcement is for Nintendo of Japan. So I will believe this when Sept 13 announcement has happened and they announce it themselves. I for one, only want one analog stick not two. If this happens, I will be done with Nintendo. And just stick with my DSi

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Hokori

mumof2kids82 wrote:

i disagree with you, and just because this is an add-on doesn't mean that there is going to be a redesign of the 3DS. monster hunter can be played with just one analog stick, like it was on the PSP. I still don't believe this anyways. It's a little fishy that it was a UK Nintendo Rep. Since the Sept 13 announcement is for Nintendo of Japan. So I will believe this when Sept 13 announcement has happened and they announce it themselves. I for one, only want one analog stick not two. If this happens, I will be done with Nintendo. And just stick with my DSi

just dont buy it, dont give up on ninty for that

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Chrono_Cross

y2josh wrote:

Corbs wrote:

That's it so far. I'll be anxious to see just how many developers make use of this thing. Will it be prevalent or a forgotten peripheral?

It'll be forgotten next year when they release a 3DS with 2 circle pads built in.

What he said. Unfortunately.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Freeon-Leon

The only thing I could complain about is a redesign coming too soon Hope that doesn't happen until 2012 holidays/2013. I don't mind about the 2nd analogue stick since it won't be for every game (at least not for now) :3

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Joeynator3000

WaltzElf wrote:

If this happens, I will be done with Nintendo.

Hang on. You'll be done with Nintendo for improving the 3DS?!?

For that matter, why the heck are so many people throwing a tantrum over something that improves the 3DS?!?

Maybe it's too soon? lol
I dunno, I'm not gonna worry about it. (knowing Nintendo, I kinda saw it coming anyways)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MetroidMasher17

Nintendo is becoming a lot like SEGA in the 90's. They released consoles and add-ons with months between the release dates. Hardware is an example that you CAN have too much of a good thing. Just remember that SEGA left the hardware business, mainly because of the PlayStation, but also because the brand was tarnished somewhat. Nintendo's really asking for it...

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Terave

We don't even need a second circle pad. Well, not always. SM3DL, MK7, MGS, LOZ:OOT, and go so on.
And it still looks very uncomfortable and big.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Tasuki

Slapshot wrote:

I've been on a roll with Nintendo predictions as of late: I stated that I thought the Wii U would 'Stream' wireless from the console to a Pad-typed controller months before it was foretold and I also guessed that the 3DS was severely gimped by the lack of a second analogue stick - in turn stopping Vita/3DS ports back and forth. Thing is, sometimes I hate being right!

The lack of adding the second analogue stick for 3DS was a major misjudgment on Nintendo's part, and one that I think shows just how bad they are in need of some better (new) leadership. By this device existing, the 3DS becomes up-to-par with the industry standard (dual-analogue) and having to use gimmick trickery (gyro-controls) to help with camera issues, is no longer necessary. This isn't a standard peripheral that will become quickly overlooked either, it is one that will almost definitely force a system redesign, and it's likely the real reason for the 3DS price drop, Ambassador Program and third party developers pulling their games. Allowing the option for standard controls and the other optional controls interfaces as well, makes it easier for developers to create games in ways that they are comfortable with, and also allowing them the freedom to explore their creativity at the same time, without having to start off development by having to work around system limitations from the start. It makes it less risky for developers, more cost efficient and now, as I've already stated, has the ability to acquire Vita ports - we'll have to wait and see how stripped down they'll be though, as the Vita is a powerhouse, but regardless, it's will likely bring more games to the system, which if the last year is any indication, will be welcomed by 3DS owners.

We've seen a lot of Nintendo peripherals come and go, but they've all been small additions to the system, with exception to the lights for the Gameboy Advance, which became the fantastic Gameboy Advance SP. I think that this is the exact same as what happened to the GBA(SP), but this time around this news is so close to launch and the 3DS cost a lot more too. The redesign will be amazing and the 3DS will become what it should have been in the first place, but what will the cost be to Nintendo. The 3DS is just starting to gain steam in the market and has the holidays sales all to themselves, but how many people are now going to wait for the inevitable redesign? It's one thing to release an amazing add-on that brings something new and innovative to an existing console; it's an entirely different matter to release a new console and then bring a bulky add-on to bring it up to the industry standards that it should have released with in the first place.

I totally agree with you there. I dont know if it was a marketing ploy or just greediness but to me it just seems like the 3DS was just rushed out too early thats all.

I mean are they honestly going to give all the people who have a 3DS now a free second analog stick? The answer is obvious. I mean yeah right now its only for MH supposedly but is Nintendo going to honestly stop 3rd party manufacturers from making games that use a second analog stick? And so what the people that dont have the extra money to pay for a add on that should have been on the final product or the money for a redesigned 3DS are going to miss out on games.

And as you said Slapshot why announce this now and shoot yourself in the foot for this holiday season. I am sure that they have lost millions now cause people who have been on the fence about getting one and were maybe leaning towards getting one now with the price drop and the new color have just been pushed over to the other side. Unless that September announce it that everyone is going on about is Nintendo announcing that there will be no redesign of the 3DS, but in all honesty who can trust them now.

What Nintendo needs to do is just get rid of there marketing department these guys just dont know what they are doing.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

John-John

@tendoboy1984 That'd be fine if it wasn't released outside of Japan. Keeps everyone calm.

@thelastlemming I heard someone else say that, and I liked the sound of it. Two years is pretty good though, but considering I'm a starving college student, those great games that are gonna be released aren't going to make it to my 3DS very quickly. I'd rather not be the only one still on an older model.

@romulux I doubt the controller will cost over $100. I wouldn't mind it being used for sooome aspects, but not as controller itself. It seems difficult switching between TV and 3DS screen; sizes are too different.

John-John

y2josh

WaltzElf wrote:

For that matter, why the heck are so many people throwing a tantrum over something that improves the 3DS?!?

It should have been on there to begin with. They dropped the price 80 dollars and added a stick, so don't say it was to save money.

y2josh

moosa

y2josh wrote:

They dropped the price 80 dollars and added a stick

Wait, what's that? They did that?? Oh how nice!

Here's something to think about:
If this thing is released before the Vita, guess what the first major portable console on the market with dual analog pads and 4 shoulder buttons will be?
(The Vita still has just two shoulder buttons by the way, and I'm ignoring Xperia Play because those pads are fake).

Edited on by moosa

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

OptometristLime

WaltzElf wrote:

The attachment is ugly as sin, and it looks about as comfortable to hold as a ripe banana.

There is no question that Nintendo has shaken the faith in its products to the core by first admitting to overpricing their hardware, and now by bringing the design itself back onto the cutting floor. I see a lack of confidence exemplified in the top brass that trickles down straight into the consumers' pocketbooks, this is Nintendo tripping over itself to attract an audience it already has.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

zezhyrule

WaveBoy wrote:

I still don't understand why they didn't design the Analog to fit snug tight UNDER the 4 face buttons.....Why does it branch of right side in completey bogus akwardness. Talk about a horrible design.....

With the invevitable 3DS redesign, I'd love to see....

~the 3D sweet spot to be totaly larger.
~Slightly bigger screens
~A real 2nd Analog stick
~Headphone input to be on left or right side instead of middle

Anyways, there's no way in hell i'd ever buy this attacthment, and besides i could care LESS for the Monster Hunter Tri franchise.

this this and this.

and not this. Monster Hunter Tri is one game, not a franchise, and you probably "couldn't" care less about it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

skywake

WaveBoy wrote:

I still don't understand why they didn't design the Analog to fit snug tight UNDER the 4 face buttons.....Why does it branch of right side in completey bogus akwardness. Talk about a horrible design.....

With the invevitable 3DS redesign, I'd love to see....

~the 3D sweet spot to be totaly larger.
~Slightly bigger screens
~A real 2nd Analog stick
~Headphone input to be on left or right side instead of middle

See my post a few pages back. You ask the impossible with the size/space limitations of the 3DS. On the base of the unit they need space for the battery, the 3DS cartridge, the lower screen, the SD card slot and find room for the one analogue stick. Of those four things you want only one (move headphone input) can be/could have been done with the 3DS at it's current size without changing something else. Redesigning the cartridge and removing DS backwards compatibility, removing the SD card, smaller battery or something similar.

The Circle Pad unit goes almost 1cm into the 3DS bellow the top plastic. The battery limits them from putting it in the 3DS as it is. The only way they could make a Circle Pad attachment that sat where you want it to sit (excluding a whole new circle pad design) would be is if it was at least 1cm above the 3DS. If they did that you couldn't close it (making it even less portable) and it wouldn't be as comfortable.

A larger sweet spot....... good luck. The 3DS screen works by delivering a different image to two different viewing angles so it's by it's very nature limited to a small sweet spot. You could potentially have eye tracking software and move the parallax barrier with your eyes but if you did that you'd have to up the price even further.

The only way you could solve most of these problems without sacrificing features is if you made a 3DS-XL or if you somehow revolutionised the way the Circle Pad is made (it's really compact already remember) or included a super high density battery.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.