Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 181 to 200 of 245

Chrono_Cross

skywake wrote:

I'd laugh hard if this doesn't see the light of day outside of Japan

Then everyone will boycott Capcom... again and never let this go.... again.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Oregano

I think we should wait to get actual details first anyway, the attachment is optional for MH and is designed to mimic the CC Pro. If that's how it's going to be used I don't think there's any problems and for instance if it opens up a left handed option for players of Kid Icarus I don't think that's a bad thing because the only other option is to suck at/miss out on the game.

The fact that Nintendo is willing to do this when it does make them look a bit silly is surely a good thing anyway. They went out of their way to provide more options to developers and players and could have easily told Capcom that they can't do it... and then we might not have got Monster Hunter at all.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Papa_Godzilla

please mke thing ugly thing optional. i would like to play around without having a huge junk in my hands. the 3ds is heavy enough like this.

Papa_Godzilla

BenAV

Samholy wrote:

please mke thing ugly thing optional. i would like to play around without having a huge junk in my hands. the 3ds is heavy enough like this.

I'd be extremely surprised if any games come out that actually force you to use this accessory...
Just like all games that use the CC Pro on the Wii have other control schemes too.
It might be the best option for some games, but there are other options they can implement for people who really don't want to use it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

RoyalBlur

Here is a link to the new images of the 3DS Monster Hunter 3G!
http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen43035_monster-hunter-3ds-premier...

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

skywake

It'd be silly to make it mandatory because
A) Not everyone would have it
B) Even if they did have it the 3DS is a portable system so people won't carry it everywhere and
C) It makes using the A/B/X/Y buttons virtually impossible

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BenAV

skywake wrote:

B) Even if they did have it the 3DS is a portable system so people won't carry it everywhere and

D) There's probably other ways around it for every potential game

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

erv

Newer monster hunter (less recycling of the areas and settings) and online play. That is what would sell me the 3ds.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Oregano

skywake wrote:

Possibly only to small children. If you can touch the touch screen with your thumb now you'll be able to use the A/B/X/Y Buttons just as easily.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

BenAV

Oregano wrote:

skywake wrote:

Possibly only to small children. If you can touch the touch screen with your thumb now you'll be able to use the A/B/X/Y Buttons just as easily.

Yeah, I don't think reaching the buttons will be too difficult.
Maybe it being so close to the buttons could result in pressing the buttons by accident or moving the camera by accident but the thing that it really could actually make a bit difficult is reaching the touch screen.

BenAV

Papa_Godzilla

TokyoRed wrote:

Here is a link to the new images of the 3DS Monster Hunter 3G!
http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen43035_monster-hunter-3ds-premier...

thanks ! they look sweet.

i might look like a newbie in monster hunter, but the only one i played was the first one on ps2, with the AWESOME online service.
will it be similar interms of offline/online modes? i could go do stuff offline, and connect when i felt like it or complete quests that required multiple people to complete. like that egg carrying thing. try to carry an egg alone when a huge trex is running at you.
if i can play offline in the bus and do stuff online when i come back home, im sold. unless the analog crap is not optional.

Papa_Godzilla

BenAV

Samholy wrote:

if i can play offline in the bus and do stuff online when i come back home, im sold. unless the analog crap is not optional.

Being able to play offline in the bus: check
Being able to play online at home: maybe, but no signs of it yet
Being able to play without the add-on: most likely

BenAV

skywake

Oregano wrote:

skywake wrote:

Ok so maybe I exaggerated a little but I think I made my point

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

LzWinky

@skywake: If the Game Boy is portable, then this thing is portable too

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BenAV

lz20XX wrote:

@skywake: If the Game Boy is portable, then this thing is portable too

Or the PS Vita.

BenAV

Eel

I hope i'll be free with Monster Hunter Tri G (see them changing the game to Tri D here if it is released).

Other than that, i don't see why do people dislike so much this thing, is not like it's the first add-on ever made for a nintendo console.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Oregano

skywake wrote:

Ok so maybe I exaggerated a little but I think I made my point

Well I don't blame you, for some reason the 3DS looks gigantic in pictures and this looks even bigger but when you grab the 3DS in your hands it's tiny and when you're playing you don't notice the fact that the bottom half is really thin. Just compare it to a DS phat if you still have one.

BenAV

abgar wrote:

I hope i'll be free with Monster Hunter Tri G (see them changing the game to Tri D here if it is released).

Other than that, i don't see why do people dislike so much this thing, is not like it's the first add-on ever made for a nintendo console.

Or if not completely free, only slightly more expensive than buying the game itself.
I'm pretty sure they'll sell it as a bundle (if the game comes out here).
And I agree, this thing has way too much hate... It's just giving players an extra way that they can play games if they choose to.
And I think they should change the name to that.

BenAV

warioswoods

Well, this screenshot of Monster Hunter on the 3DS suggests pretty clearly to me that it will be an optional attachment; note the d-pad on the touch screen, which certainly seems like touch-based camera controls for those who opt not to pick up the attachment.

Untitled

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

BenAV

warioswoods wrote:

Well, this screenshot of Monster Hunter on the 3DS suggests pretty clearly to me that it will be an optional attachment; note the d-pad on the touch screen, which certainly seems like touch-based camera controls for those who opt not to pick up the attachment.

Untitled

Yep.
I quite like the attachment and will probably use it but having an alternative is good too.

BenAV

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.