Forums

Topic: CONFIRMED: Second Control Pad add-on for 3DS + MH3G!

Posts 241 to 245 of 245

Slapshot

I just wanted to correct a statement that's been made in this thread multiple time. PS Vita is intentionally large, as Sony has stated multiple times over that it's designed to be played in long sessions and for comfort. It's still small enough to be portable, but it's not designed to fit in your pocket - especially any of these 'skinny jeans' that seem to be the big fad nowadays.

Also, Vita's rear touchscreen will double over as L2/R2 buttons as well.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

moosa

Slapshot wrote:

Also, Vita's rear touchscreen will double over as L2/R2 buttons as well.

I'd rather use a "thumb strap" for my second analog on my 3DS than that to be honest.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

OldBoy

Untitled

What's this bit for again?

R-L-A-George

skywake wrote:

Looking closer the only way I can see it working is if it has it's own power supply and it uses the IR port to communicate. It doesn't look like there is any way they could connect it into the cartridge slot with the way it looks in the photos.

edit: unless it has some contacts behind the cartridge slot and the game(s) that use it have corresponding contacts

It is going to use the game slot. The guitar hero DS used the GBA slaught on the DS lite, why can't an attachment work through the standard slot and the attachment having a game slot?

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

skywake

Untitled
I'm now almost 100% certain that it uses IR and the AAA battery(s) as a power supply. There are two rubber "feet" on the top "edge" and to the left of them is a window just above where the IR port on the 3DS is.

So I'd say that's the "how does it work" problem solved

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.