Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 181 to 200 of 923

Spoony_Tech

It's not like this game is releasing anytime soon. I love it when people complain of the way a game looks when it has possibly a year to go. Plus the world do look like they belong in the Prime universe. Atm it does look a little barren but give it time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Metroid hunters looks great on the DS. But that's because the game was designed around the graphics.

This time it's probably the other way around, they clearly want a more action shooter experience, with multiple players.

Just having super pretty corridors and small arenas with about five enemies in them would not be good enough for that, so they had to think of an alternate graphic style that better allowed for that gameplay on this system.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pkmns

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It's not like this game is releasing anytime soon. I love it when people complain of the way a game looks when it has possibly a year to go. Plus the world do look like they belong in the Prime universe. Atm it does look a little barren but give it time.

To me, the problem is not technical. I don't care about the details. What's totally wrong is the cartoonish "deformed" style, is this Metroid or Ratchet & Clank?

(Don't get me wrong, R&C is great, but its style doesn't belong to Metroid at all)

Pkmns

moomoo

Morpheel wrote:

Metroid hunters looks great on the DS. But that's because the game was designed around the graphics.

This time it's probably the other way around, they clearly want a more action shooter experience, with multiple players.

Just having super pretty corridors and small arenas with about five enemies in them would not be good enough for that, so they had to think of an alternate graphic style that better allowed for that gameplay on this system.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that this could not have been handled with a graphic style that is of higher quality. Resident Evil: Revelations and Kid Icarus: Uprising have fantastic looking multiplayer sections that run smooth and have a lot going on. This looks like a rush job.

I also think you're undercutting what Hunters did on the DS. Some of the arenas for multiplayer were quite large, and they even featured elements that felt Metroid-y, like using the morph ball form to take shortcuts and reach weapons and health. Considering how much more powerful the 3DS is, I think it would have been quite possible to deliver a game that accomplishes what they want while still going for a style reminiscent of the Metroid games.

Yes, the game will look better at launch, but the aesthetics aren't something that can be changed easily. This is the first time a Nintendo system brought about its best looking games earlier in its lifespan than later.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Araquanid

I don't get why people are suddenly saying prime hunters was some amazing metroid game when it was extremely difficult to control and had copy and paste bosses. Prime hunters was just a collectathon with bosses repeating themselves rather then a progressive game like the others. Hunters was just graphics and multiplayer on the DS.. nothing more as things were pretty repetitive and boring in that game, IMO.

It seems like everybody completely forgot how metroid prime's beta graphics looked when it first revealed... or maybe how polygonial pikmin was prior to final release.. This game isn't coming out until 2016, they'll patch the graphics up a bit.

@Artwark, The game is a spin-off, it isn't a sequel to any particular metroid title. It's mearly just to expand on the metroid universe a bit by telling more about the galatic federation instead of expanding on samus. (And even then, it will have samus's connection in it somehow)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

@MegaBeedrill I know that. But I just wonder what would Galactic Federation possibly have to do. Most of the time, Samus is hired by them to get rid of the Metroids.

But I don't agree with Tanabe-San here because with games like Kid Icarus Uprising, how is it hard to not have Galactic real humans instead of robotic ones that look like anime chibi or something that could be in Dark Moon?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I actually think this could be a decent game. I doubt the sales will be big. But if it sold 750,000 units I would call that a success.

As good as 3ds system is, it isn't beefy enough cpu wise to run a good solid FPS. But having it set up like this, if it has a rock solid 60 FPS and cleans up the graphics some. It could be a good game. I am actually looking forward to this and the Zelda Tri-Force 3ds.

Both games should have download play as feature that is highly touted. Then build off of this concept for your next system.

Build a universe were Samus isn't the only character dealing with space pirates and Metroids. Ultimately, they are trying to turn the Metroid universe into Halo. Which is fine. Just don't make Samus Nintendo's version of Master Chief. Create a new character for that.

I wonder how much personality the characters of Federation Force will have.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Araquanid

It doesn't seem like they will have much of a personality at all. The federation force are pretty mellow in personality like they were in corruption. (Never really any talk, just always being prepared and ready to defend or attack something.)

Unless we see them after lunch or something, I don't think we're going to get any more of an impression out of them than samus originally had before fusion.

Although it would be cool to know what position these federation marines are in. Would give some explaination for the different colors instead of the usual blue visor and such. (besides gameplay purposes)

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

It doesn't seem like they will have much of a personality at all. The federation force are pretty mellow in personality like they were in corruption. (Never really any talk, just always being prepared and ready to defend or attack something.)

Unless we see them after lunch or something, I don't think we're going to get any more of an impression out of them than samus originally had before fusion.

Although it would be cool to know what position these federation marines are in. Would give some explaination for the different colors instead of the usual blue visor and such. (besides gameplay purposes)

Well, we haven't seen much (if anything) from Single-player, and that is where we would probably see most of the personality. I hope this helps expand the roster of memorable characters from Metroid and doesn't just have them be blank.

Grumblevolcano

I'm getting the idea that there's something major about Federation Force that we don't know about. Namely around the logic of "what's the point in a game existing if there's no single player?" and the fact we've only seen co-op footage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm getting the idea that there's something major about Federation Force that we don't know about. Namely around the logic of "what's the point in a game existing if there's no single player?" and the fact we've only seen co-op footage.

i thought they confirmed there would be a single-player mode.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

i thought they confirmed there would be a single-player mode.

Not that I know of, if you find a source please link it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

In an interview with Tanabe, he DID confirm single player alongside the existance of samus and metroids in the game.

I'm too lazy to find the source, but if you look up a wiki page for MPFF, then look at the source information it should take you to the translation.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

ThePirateCaptain

I honestly don't hate this game as much as I did when I saw it announced during the Digital Event, but I'm still not super excited for it. As great as it is to finally get a new Metroid, this just looks kinda "meh" to me. The artstyle isn't my favorite for one thing, but that's something I can get over since it's a spinoff and a different style of gameplay. The problem is the mission style of gameplay and the boring looking environments. Maybe I'm just expecting it to be too much like a normal Metroid game with exploration and engrossing worlds, but so far it just looks okay.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Smash_kirby

For the next Metroid it would only make sense to have the player, Samus, being hunted by the Galactic Federation due to trumped up charges of treason against her, with a mock trial being subjected to her while she is conveniently finishing a mission for them.

Smash_kirby

Araquanid

I don't know if they were really on good terms throughout the course of Metroid (Zero Mission) through Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, Since it's susposedly.. Samus was raised on Zebes, found Mother Brain, then the prime games began. Her first known interaction with the Federation was in prime 2 corruption where she boarded their vessel and led them to war. Prime 2 echoes had a bunch of corpses, but no interaction between her and live (Nonpocessed) marines.

Other M is the other instance were samus kinda speaks of her past with the Federation, but there is absolutely no clue when exactly that time period was.. whether she was a part of the federation before the first game, after, or whenever.. apparently she was raised by the Chozo on zebes, so her transition from K-2L to zebes must have something to do with the federation perhaps? Obviously somebody had to pick her up while Ridley was murdering her family.

Maybe MPFF will describe how samus exactly got associated with the federation?

My Shinies

Eel

Well, Other M implies that after that she was more or less raised by the Federation and Adam.

The last game is Fusion btw. In that one they saved her life and gave her new equipment.

Then kind of betrayed her trust by revealing they had been cloning Metroids again. Not sure if anything bad came out of that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

It wasn't that, Samus lost her trust in the GF after "adam" (computer) tells her to harvest the X parasite for the galactic federation. Instead of listening, she found them to be completely insane to even atempt containing the parasite, and blows up the station so they don't clone any more bioweapons or cause an outbreak for the otherwise uncontrollable X parasite, as like she says in-game, if one infected a marine.. it'd have knowledge to potentially fly aircraft to other planets and infect those. After that, no body really knows where she went as like you said, that's were the metroid series ends chronologically at the moment.

She was adopted and raised by the chozo after ridley murdered her parents, then she later joined the GF when she reached adulthood according to manga. However that still doesn't specific which came first.. the metroid encounter, the prime games, the first mother brain battle, or what. In Metroid II it seems like she was hired to elimatinate all metroids by the GF so she must still have association during that time. (which chronologically, metroid II comes after corruption, after she leads them to war). Then after being acused of illegally transporting metroids (like at the end of other m) she left the GF, only to turn around and prevent a space pirate attack on the research station. (Super Metroid)

On another note, I found this video of the MP3 prototype for the gamecube. I found it interesting as this is the game in development, and more notably, how similar the graphics almost look to MPFF.

There was obviously major changes from the beginning game to the final release. MPFF has atleast a year to develop still, and the game already has been worked on since the N3ds was being made according to tanabe. I think people need to relax a bit on how the graphics will be in the final game when Corruption was pretty bad at the start too... (also I hear alot of starfox zero talk were that suddenly got a graphics change.)

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Sorry, this topic has been locked.