Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 161 to 180 of 923

Jaz007

It should still carry atmosphere even if it's not isolation though. Star Wars: Republic Commando took a few notes from Metroid Prime with the visor and stuff, and it had a good feeling and atmosphere. Not to mention a team type isolation feeling would be an interesting thing to explore as well. I'm not going to give the game a free pass because it's a spin-off too.
@Morpheel What the heck qualifies as a core Metroid game then? They were made as a main Metroid game. They are most certianly not spin-offs. I've never seen them suggested as spin-offs either. I doubt Nintendo would agree either. It's like calling Super Mario Galaxy as spin-off. The suits weren't that big in Other M either.

Jaz007

Araquanid

" A spinoff of the Metroid entries, it focuses on the Federation Marines rather than Samus Aran, and the gameplay has more of a focus on action and sports rather than the traditional exploration-based gameplay of Metroid."

Right from the wikia. Also I think the director said it is indeed a spin off in an interview..

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Jaz007

MegaBeedrill wrote:

" A spinoff of the Metroid entries, it focuses on the Federation Marines rather than Samus Aran, and the gameplay has more of a focus on action and sports rather than the traditional exploration-based gameplay of Metroid."

Right from the wikia. Also I think the director said it is indeed a spin off in an interview..

I know Federation is a spin-off, but @Morpheel was saying that the Prime series itself was a spin-off, which it isn't.

Jaz007

Koopa-King

Anyone else think that taking the battle system from prime (which was fun to begin with) and building upon that structure is actually a novel idea for a spin-off seires? Building on the aspect of prime while staying its own thing. It just seems clever to me.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Eel

@Jaz007: what I mean by "more or less a spinoff" is that the Metroid games are made completely apart from the "main" (without Prime in the name) games.

Primes make references to other games, but it's never (or rarely) the other way around. They're tucked somewhere in the time line were they don't affect it too much.

That's what I meant. They're quite clearly big Metroid games, but they're just more of a side story.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Faruko

I say it looks cool, if its not too pricey and comes in a decent time, ill happily give it a shot.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Kogorn733

I was initially, like many others, furious over the direction of this game, and I'm still miffed that (1) it's on the 3ds and not the Wii U; and (2) that it has a chibi-looking art style. However, I just watched the Nintendo Treehouse video and the gameplay (moreso the missions, less so the blastball game) actually looks pretty interesting. There were even some Halo-style moments of taking down space pirates as they flew in a spaceship overhead. The fact that there is a single player mode, that the developer has a good track record, and that Samus and the metroids make an appearance, also reassures me somewhat. I think more people will be reassured once Nintendo airs a direct on it giving people more explicit information about the game.

Regarding the art style...sigh. In my opinion, it's a clear attempt of Nintendo trying to make their games appeal more to Japanese audiences (the Metroid series hasn't previously been that popular to Japan), notwithstanding Metroid's primary appeal to Western gamers and the fact that, for better or worse, Western gamers are the most relevant/largest audience these days. The Japanese gaming market has, quite frankly, shrunk, and its a waste of time and resources trying to win them back over instead of redirecting resources to the Western market. Sony realized that and upped their ante. I really hope Nintendo does so too.

Kogorn733

CaviarMeths

Do the knuckle-draggers signing that petition believe that if Federation Force is canceled, Metroid Prime 4 will magically appear on Wii U in its place? All it would do is provide Next Level with a glorious waste of time and money.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Aozz101x

CaviarMeths wrote:

All it would do is provide Next Level with a glorious waste of time and money.

this.
as much as im not fan of the game (and do want see more before plan on buying it) this petiton would not help much anyways (A): as you said it would waste money (B): Nintendo isnt going there way to look at change.org and say "oh we should cancelled this game because are fans wanted to"

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

There's a 2nd Treehouse segment today at 9pm UK time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

Does this game have Single Player mode?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Araquanid

Artwark wrote:

Does this game have Single Player mode?

Yes.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Socar

What do they mean by Main story? Something that's like Splatoon?

But the other thing that worries me most is that its being developed by Next Level Games which made Dark Moon. Granted, Dark Moon is still fun for what it is but its a tad of a disappointment as a sequel and I'm worried if they will screw this one up.

That being said, I'm looking forward to it. I personally never got to try out the Prime series.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

After watching some of the Tree house live I can say I can totally get behind this game now. Reminds me of Halo lite and looks to be a lot of fun. Sure it's not the Metroid we all wanted but what's wrong with trying something new within the same universe!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

What do they mean by Main story? Something that's like Splatoon?

But the other thing that worries me most is that its being developed by Next Level Games which made Dark Moon. Granted, Dark Moon is still fun for what it is but its a tad of a disappointment as a sequel and I'm worried if they will screw this one up.

That being said, I'm looking forward to it. I personally never got to try out the Prime series.

Can you expand on that please as I'm not getting your point.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

Okay, I'll admit it. The Day 3 Treehouse footage looked really cool.

BUT, Please Nintendo, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, put Voice Chat in this game. Can you imagine how much of a killjoy it would be if you can't vocally cooperate with your friends on individual missions.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

moomoo

Gonna be honest, this looks, in a lot of ways, worse than Prime Hunters on the DS, a game that came out 9 years ago.

Metroid Prime: Hunters (off-screen potato-quality footage)

Metroid Prime: Federation Force (Treehouse Live)

The world looks barren by comparison. No little details, or anything of the like. Yeah, there's a shininess factor to it, but an upressed Prime Hunters would unquestionably look better in pretty much every way. I mean, just look at it running in higher definition with some anti-aliasing:

Why did Next Level go with such a boring look? Especially after Dark Moon, which was one of the best looking games on the system? Yes, graphics aren't everything, but there's a certain standard that should be expected when we're paying such a premium for video games.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Sorry, this topic has been locked.