Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 201 to 220 of 923

Eel

I think is rather simple, it goes...

-Ridley kills parents.
-Chozos raise her in Zebes.
-She eventually leaves them and joins the federation in her teens or early adulthood.
-Metroid 1/ZM happens.
-All the prime games happen in their known order.
-Metroid 2 happens.
-Super Metroid happens.
-Other M.
-Fusion.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Smash_kirby

Morpheel wrote:

Well, last time they meet they were on good terms with her.

They even gave her a free space ship.

That was before she blew up their space station, against her standing orders. Not to mention everywhere this woman goes things blow up.

I'd like her to take on the Reapers instead of Shepherd if you ask me, sure we might be short a few planets but in the end wouldn't the Reapers no longer be a threat?

Smash_kirby

Araquanid

That's chronologically how the timeline goes, yes, but what I'm refering to is where exactly the federation fits in the timeline.

Tanabe said that MPFF is withen the prime timeline... so that narrows this down significantly. (Also his translator said the prime games come between metroid 2, and super metroid.. which is very very off as super metroid was litteral hours after metroid 2.)

-Ridley kills parents.
-Chozos raise her in Zebes.
-She eventually leaves them and joins the federation in her teens or early adulthood.
-Metroid 1/ZM happens.
The GF could've discovered samus here, where they then assign her to infiltrate the pirate frigate and their base on talon iv
-Metroid Prime
The GF recieved the destress call from the GF on Aether after the ing horde splinter attack, and called samus to check it out.
-Metroid Prime 2
The GF saw samus recieve the destress call, she awares the federation of what happens, and then they hire her like the other bounty hunters, and kinda just goes through corruption to eventual war..
-MP3
-Metroid 2 happens.
-Super Metroid happens.
She quits due to being accused of illegally transporting metroids
-Other M.
She's rehired after helping the team on the bottleship.. then blowing it up.
-Fusion.
Quits again due to foolish atempts to contain the X parasite.

The outcomes within the prime series seem like the possible fits for where MPFF may take place.. as they may be searching for samus.

Of course, this is all speculation, we have no idea what this game's plot will be.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

Oh well, this game doesn't need to fit in any part of the timeline.

I can be anywhere it wants to.

I guess we'll know when it releases and the Samus cameo appears with hints.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

I-U

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I don't get why people are suddenly saying prime hunters was some amazing metroid game

As much as I disagree with the rest of your comments on Metroid Prime Hunters, I wanted to touch on this. Metroid Prime Hunters is my favorite Metroid game, by a large margin, and to me the comparisons between it and Federation Force come off as more insulting rather than as a compliment. The complaint here is that Federation Force in its current state, unfinished and potentially more than a year out from release, should look a lot better than a fully finished Metroid Prime game: Hunters, that won several awards for its graphics. The comparisons have that sense of "it doesn't look as good as even Hunters," implying to me that Metroid Prime Hunters is considered the lowest standard for how good a Metroid game should look. That's not a compliment and it sure doesn't make the game sound like it's amazing.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Eel

It is the lowest standard for what a traditional Metroid Prime should look like.

It's not that people want to insult it... It's just that it is.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Araquanid

Morpheel wrote:

It is the lowest standard for what a traditional Metroid Prime should look like.

It's not that people want to insult it... It's just that it is.

^

Metroid Prime Hunter's Graphics weren't perfect, but they weren't bad, however I can hardly even appreciate the graphics when the game itself has extremely difficult controls (played with ABXY aiming and touch screen aiming), had boss fites that were literal copy and paste each and every time (the guardians all were the same exact formula and species..), the maps for each planet almost looked like they had copy and paste rooms, and the entire game consisted of doing nothing but fighting the other hunters while searching for artifacts.

Prime hunters was pretty stale and one of my least favorite metroid games to date (besides pinball and metroid II) and MPFF looks way more promising with the C-stick support for better aiming and less linear gameplay with different bosses and objectives. Not to mention the graphics for Star Fox Zero were just patched up recently so this game will be more than likely patched up significantly.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

I-U

I strongly disagree with nearly everything you say about Metroid Prime Hunters. I could argue with you, but I would rather spend my time writing about the game and playing it. We do agree that Metroid Prime Federation Force does look promising and will definitely look better than it does currently. Having less linear gameplay though than Hunters, that doesn't look like it would be the case unless the other missions are really in-depth with their environmental designs. That said, I think I'm the only one in the world that really bothered getting into the various routes present in Metroid Prime Hunters with its portal system and the early "fork in the road" with Arcterra's and Vesper Defense Outpost's first visits.

Edited on by I-U

Eel

I know that was for Beedrill, but it's kinda worth mentioning I was only talking about the graphics.

Being my first Metroid game ever, Hunters holds a special little place in my DS library.

Well, the first one was First Hunt, but I don't think that counts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

I-U

Morpheel wrote:

I know that was for Beedrill, but it's kinda worth mentioning I was only talking about the graphics.

Being my first Metroid game ever, Hunters holds a special little place in my DS library.

As much as I love the details present in Metroid Prime Hunters, I came to the realization that it is the lowest standard for how a Metroid Prime game should look while I was at work earlier. I just don't like that Hunters and Federation Force are both being knocked with the comparisons. To me at least, that is what is happening. Hopefully, when more is revealed for Federation Force, those comparisons can be dropped in favor of discussing and speculating over the game's missions.

Araquanid

The comparison is definitely worth mentioning due to how the game feels and plays. Like I said, same spire and ball boss.. Same hunters fought over and over again, I forget the planet name but the first planet had at least 3 rooms EXACTLY the same. The controls were extremely tough, (which is a console hinderence, not the game itself.) and some of the enemies looked like rehashed models (the jellyfish things which look like hunter metroids).

I haven't played the game for awhile, so I may be missing a few things about it, but that was always my perspective of the game.

Why bring up MPFF? Because MPFF appears to have somewhat similar controls, plays similarly to hunters, will have multiplayer, and hunters itself wasn't graphical perfect or well story driven either, everything this game is (early in beta) being accused of.

Also when I said linear, I meant you're doing the same thing the whole game. There isn't much to the plot or setting besides collecting and fighting hunters. You feel as accomplished in the beginning as the end since nothing mind blowing or catastrophic really occurs until the end. (ex. Killing flaahgra and saving the ruins waters, makes the player feel important and not like a waste of effort or time) I don't know how or if FF will fix this or have similarity in gameplay due to the level like story mode, but as long as they do big things (which stopping the pirate missiles from blowing someone up is a big deal) then it seems less linear. The map designs itself may be linear tho..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Eel

Well, in hunters you do unveil a lot of background information by scanning stuff. Even the real ending.

The game is not just collecting stuff and battling hunters just because.

Bloop.

TuVictus

The thing that bothers me about Federation Force, even though I'm looking forward to the co-op gameplay, is just that childish art style. The chibi look has no place in a Metroid game. And Tanabe's excuse for it is bull, considering Hunters has amazing graphics and regular character proportions despite the original DS's tiny screen. And there's no amount of fine tuning to the graphics that can change that, unless they completely overhaul those character designs. Which they won't, of course. Hunters seems like it's going to remain the definitive handheld Prime experience despite it being on extremely dated hardware with a less than stellar control scheme.

TuVictus

iKhan

I don't see anything Chibi in this game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TuVictus

Okay, whatever. Strangely proportioned character models akin to Bravely Default, the DS FF games, that Hatsune Miku 3DS game, Persona Q, and others.

Better?

TuVictus

DefHalan

I like the art style. I think it will fit the gameplay really well.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

-Green-

Operative wrote:

The thing that bothers me about Federation Force, even though I'm looking forward to the co-op gameplay, is just that childish art style. The chibi look has no place in a Metroid game. And Tanabe's excuse for it is bull, considering Hunters has amazing graphics and regular character proportions despite the original DS's tiny screen. And there's no amount of fine tuning to the graphics that can change that, unless they completely overhaul those character designs. Which they won't, of course. Hunters seems like it's going to remain the definitive handheld Prime experience despite it being on extremely dated hardware with a less than stellar control scheme.

The only real chibi thing I've seen in the game so far are the characters in the suits, other than that, everything else looked fine in my opinion.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Joeynator3000

Only thing I noticed at the moments were the enemies, they looked kinda...boring-ish compared to the main Prime games.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Araquanid

I'm going to have to agree with Megumi here, the most notable enemies in particular.. are the "ice hoppers"

Notice the massive difference between MP3's hopper
Untitled
MPFF's "ice hopper"
Untitled

But otherwise, I'll be too busy fighting and shooting to really pay notice to the graphics and getting up close looks of the enemies.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Araquanid

One thing I found interesting, is that the "decoy" you can make actually is a hologram of samus aran.
Untitled

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Sorry, this topic has been locked.