Zen Studios offered decent support for the Wii U and 3DS eShop, and it's now stepping up with the Switch eShop - it's confirmed that Pinball FX3 is coming to the store on 14th November; the initial download is free and includes the Sorcerer's Lair table, and you then buy other tables separately.
Check out the trailer below.
Starting off with Switch-specific features, it'll have HD Rumble and the option to play with a vertical orientation in portable mode, which is a neat touch. There'll be 30 tables available to buy at launch, with more promised, and cross-platform multiplayer will also be included. As you can see in the PR excerpt below the FX series puts multiplayer and tournaments at the heart of the game.
- Now every table is an RPG. Simply playing a table yields experience points and level
advancements that continually unlock the potential for bigger points...and bigger blowouts of
your friends’ scores on the leaderboards. Strategic thinking comes into play when determining
which power-ups to equip—one table might be best suited for a Skillshot Score Increase and
Multiball Score Bonus, while another might better benefit from Combo Time Bonus and
Distance Bonus team-up.
- Players level up. The more you play, the higher your own personal experience level climbs.
- Anyone can start their own tournament. In addition to tournaments run by Zen (often involving
fantastic prizes), Pinball FX3 allows players to create their own tournaments and set them up
however they like, including access to several modes of play.
- Advanced multiplayer features allow for intelligent matching against others based on skill level.
This applies to everything from immediate friendly matches to ultracompetitive League Play.
- Cross-play enables Nintendo Switch players to take on opponents competing on most other
platforms where Pinball FX3 is available.
- New modes will change the way you play even the tables you feel you’ve mastered. Playing a 1-
Ball Challenge, a 5-Minute Challenge or Survival Mode will cause you to completely rethink your
approach in order to top the leaderboards.
The complete list of tables at launch is below.
- Universal Classics Pinball (Back to the Future, E.T., Jaws)
- Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
- Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
- The Walking Dead
- Sorcerer’s Lair (free)
- Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
- Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
- Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
- Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
- Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
- Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)
We've confirmed with Zen Studios that pricing on the Switch will be exactly the same as on other platforms. On PS4, for example, The Walking Dead costs £2.49 in the UK while a pack like Universal Classics costs £7.99.
Are you excited about this one coming to the Switch? Let us know in the comments.