Weirdness: Hear Nintendo's Classic Themes Played on Kazoos

Posted by Alex Olney

Marginally too cool for school

Nintendo has arguably some of the best music in the gaming world, causing different groups of people to take the music from the games they love and perform it themselves. It's no surprise that certain individuals take it upon themselves to somewhat reinvent tracks in order to give them a fresh and interesting feel. YouTube personality Tsuko G has done just that and taken the concept down a slightly more comedic route than most.

Tsuko G has taken some of the most memorable pieces from Nintendo's library and recreated them entirely for the kazoo – with a little bit of human percussion here and there – and in doing so has produced some very clever and unique videos, which are not only funny but a joy to watch.

Check out our three favourites below, and be sure to glance over his YouTube channel by clicking here.

Iggly

Iggly said:

Dang, I gotta say that these tunes sound pretty neat on that Kazoo. :P

Swiket

Swiket said:

Better than the guy Nintendo hired for the Yoshi's New Island soundtrack.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

After the terrifyingly awful use of kazoos in Yoshi's New Island, I was REALLY skeptical to listen to these - but honestly these videos were pretty freaking amazing.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

I'm glad this guy's making fun of it, seeing as I can't even bring myself to finish watching any of the acapella renditions that are plaguing youtube, seeing as they're so unbelievable nerdy... so nerdy I (a nerd) call them nerdy!

123akis

123akis said:

WOW That's amazing!

Instead of using the word weirdness in the title of this article wouldn't it be better to use the word 'Talent' ?

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I'm completely loving the musical rendition and could probably listen to these for a while - but my goodness, are the videos annoying to actually watch.

Sonicman

Sonicman said:

This man will go down in history, as the best kazooeer ever to grace the earth. I cri'd.