September Brings Iconic Learning Characters Biff, Chip & Kipper To 3DS Systems

Posted by Alex Olney

English, Mother, do you speak it?

It's no secret that the Nintendo DS was host to an enormous variety of non-gaming software for purposes ranging from fitness to diet, and it seems Nintendo is keen to bring a whole new host of these to the 3DS.

Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip & Kipper is a collection of three volumes that take the well-known characters from the appropriately named Read with Biff, Chip & Kipper – a series of primary-level reading books in the UK – and bring them into a more interactive experience to help young children with their reading and pronunciation of words and sounds.

Each volume boasts the equivalent content of thirty physical books from the series with steadily increasing complexity, so parents with limited storage or simply a disdain for paper cuts may do well to invest. There's no word as to precisely what level of interaction the titles will offer, but they will feature illustrations from the original books.

Nintendo is clearly vying to get 3DS consoles into the hands of the younger market much in the same way as the DS before it managed to. Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip & Kipper will be available in Europe on the 12th of September 2014.

R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George said:

LOL, the reactions to this are hilarious. Well I suppose learning software isn't bad for any console. Perhaps Ubisoft will bring Rayman Jr. from the grave, something for gamers and learners alike. <3

craigmoss19

craigmoss19 said:

I used to read these at school when I was really little. Don't remember them too well though. It was about 20 years ago to be fair. (Man I feel old)

Emblem

Emblem said:

Whoa blast from the past, these books are ancient, we had them in my primary school and i'm in my 30's.

TICGS

TICGS said:

I used to love kipper. We had him here n the States too but not the others as far as I Know.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I would buy these or a similar game if it were available here in the states. My youngest son would love them.

heyzeus002

heyzeus002 said:

Cant remember them myself but my kid used to like these at school. Amount of content seems good too for those that are interested and great tagline too!

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Will it be coming to the US as well? :)

I saw this a while back on Nintendo of Japan's website:

www.nintendo.co.jp

Hopefully it comes to the US as well. Love the educational games on the 3ds! :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@Tobias95

It all depend's on the game really... I've gotten some games that are rated EC (Early Childhood) when I was younger that I really struggled with & other EC games were easy I don't think there's an in between on the EC titles. I'm guessing from the cover art it'll be rated either EC or E (Everyone).

I don't remember if we had Biff, Chip, & Kipper in the library's over my way or not but the drawing look's vaguely famaliar... I'll have to check my local library on this I can't remember...

If it comes to US I might pick it up. Here's the screenshots:

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

twadezelda3dsxl

twadezelda3dsxl said:

I remember reading these books about 12 years ago (I'm 17) at school. There used to be different levels of these books and the classes at my school were separated into groups of about 5 for their reading ability and I was always in the top group. I think that gives some explanation as to why I love visual novels so much.

ManInTheChair

ManInTheChair said:

OMG I LOVED those books as a kid! I had the fortune of being able to go to an International School while my dad was stationed in Germany, so in First Grade, this was the meat of our learning! Our class even got to meet Alex Brychta (the illustrator) when he came to visit and demonstrate for the school!