Armillo Release Date Pushed Back Slightly, Launch Discount Confirmed

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Formal announcement on global release coming very soon

Armillo is another entry in the pleasingly lengthy list of download games heading to the Wii U eShop, with developer Fuzzy Wuzzy Games supporting the system by making its release a timed exclusive.

It has taken a little longer than expected to arrive, and the studio has issued an update to clarify that it won't hit its previous target of 12th May due to the machinations of the approval process. On a positive note the game is getting closer, and there'll now be a special launch price of $5.99 for the first three weeks of release, before it reverts to a standard $7.99.

Good news, our game is finished and we're extremely excited to release it as soon as possible!

However, with Armillo being our first Nintendo eShop game, the submission process is taking longer than we originally anticipated. What this means is that we'll miss our anticipated release date of May 12th. While we hate to delay, we expect to be able to make a formal announcement of the global launch date in coordination with Nintendo very soon.

Your patience will not go unrewarded, though! We're happy to announce that Armillo will launch at the introductory price of $5.99 for the first 3 weeks of release! After the first 3 weeks, the game will return to the standard $7.99 price that we originally planned. This is our way of thanking our early supporters for buying the game early, and our way of apologizing for all of the delays.

You can see a recent trailer for Armillo below. Are you looking forward to this, and do you plan to be an early adopter?

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

Nintendo should improve their submission system to avoid delays like this one.

jariw

jariw said:

May 12th has been on NoA's site for a long time, while there still seems to be nothing about Armillo on the NoE site. I wonder if there's a communication issue between NoE and the developers holding things back? Anyhow, I really approve of Nintendo's way of testing the games, since I've never felt I am a "beta tester" for a buggy indie game on the Wii U. But it feels like the process should be more streamlined between the different eShops.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Looks cute with a little Super Mario Galaxy vibe. For a few quid I'll give it a go. Building up a backlog of these eShop download titles with Abyss and Stick it to the Man awaiting my attentions!

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

Aww a little sad to hear, but does look pretty fun. Honestly, I was on the edge about it, but the price just sold me.

erv

erv said:

I'm probably buying it. It looks polished enough with a good vibe - unless it turns out that gameplay is a drag, of course.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

It does not hurt that much because Scram Kitty releases in less than a week. Nice to see another early adopter discount.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

-_-
Yeah, there better be some nice gift for a delay that was out of their hands. Sigh. I''m getting this day one regardless guys.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

Gah this has been in my phone countdown thing forever... guess i'll push it forward what, like, a month?

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

This looks pretty fun! Honestly though, I'm waiting for someone to create a 3D platformer for the e-shop in the same vein as some of the classics from the N64 era. Slap $9.99 on that baby, and watch the collectathon genre make a triumphant return.