Video: Nintendo Shows Kirby's Exciting Side in a Fresh Triple Deluxe Trailer

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Suck it up

Kirby: Triple Deluxe is getting rather close to release — hitting North America on 2nd May and Europe two weeks later on 16th May — and it certainly looks to be packed full of that typical Kirby charm. Nintendo of America has been keen to show off the light-hearted side of this platformer, in particular, with the humorous recent video showing Kirby's silly side.

Now we have a new trailer titled "Wow Kirby, You're Sure Exciting", which aims to show off the gameplay of the pink one's latest adventure. We see lots of zipping back and forth into the background — which should look great on the 3DS' stereoscopic screen — and a few examples of Kirby's rather extraordinary sucking power... in a good way.

Some moments from this trailer could easily be at home in a "Wow Kirby, You Sure Are Funny" trailer, too, so check it out and let us know what you think.

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

What was that other game that released last month with poor reviews? I don't remember the name.....

memoryman3

memoryman3 said:

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I think that was exactly @memoryman3's point. That Yoshi's Rehashed Island was so forgettable.

But I feel he will be able to remember this one's name in June.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

There's just one thing that bugs me - the only Kirby that doesn't get released in the west ridiculously later than it does in Japan is also the one that gets out before the portable Smash Bros. Quelle surprise!

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

To clarify, it's the same Kirby that contains a mode similar to Smash Bros. itself in order to ease the wait, to boot.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

this is quality stuff, much more so than that b-grade New Yoshi's island junk.

BlackStar9000

BlackStar9000 said:

@mostro328 The new yoshis island is the same game with minor tweaks and a huge egg toss salads with, Its made by the lamest second party developer ever and it shows in the slow, boring and forgettable gameplay, soundtrack is also lacking, seems like it was made for toddlers overall, just go play a demo at a kiosk somewhere to see what I mean. If that box is still sealed you should definitely take it back and wait for kirby.

polarbear

polarbear said:

Pre-ordered it a while ago. Really excited for the use of 3D in this game, like when the train is rushing towards the screen.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

This game is gonna look fantastic in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But to get this or Mario Golf???? Hope the reviews for both come out a few days early!!!!! Got keep some money for Tomodachi Life

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I am definitely picking this game up. It's too bad Yoshi's New Island was a letdown as I was looking forward to picking it up. :( I'm not into Mario Golf but from what I read about it, it sounds like it will be a hit for its fans.

NintendoFTW1999

NintendoFTW1999 said:

This and the new 3DS smash bros are the two titles I'm looking forward to most right now. :D It's going to be a good summer!

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I have a few other Kirby games on the backlog so I'll wait a while, but this looks pretty sick.

Kirby_Girl

Kirby_Girl said:

GETTING THIS OF COURSE!!! So excited! Even though I've already seen the bulk of it via online gameplay videos of the Japanese version. I just couldn't wait/contain myself. I can't wait!!!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

My goodness, anyone else notice how massive Kracko has gotten? Must be his irritable grandfather, or something. Maybe Kracko just periodically gains mass and gets all dark and stormy, just like regular clouds. Seeing his new form makes me all the more excited for this game.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Before, I thought I might 've been able to pass on this game. Not anymore I'm afraid.