Atlus Confirms Conception II DLC Details and May European Release

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The start of a beautiful relationship

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is now available in North America, which is great news for fans of quirky JRPG games as we gave it a strong recommendation in our comprehensive review. With a mix of dungeon crawling and dating sim elements, and Star Children that can become killer mechs, it's certainly not dull.

Beyond the main adventure Atlus is promising a range of DLC options, some of which will be completely free; a press release has pointed us to the official website which details all the DLC (paid and free) that's on the way. At launch those that have played the demo and transfer their saves will get some goodies, while the Disciple Weapon Pack DLC has no cost and includes five weapons that can be given to your party. The following are all free additions available now and on the way soon, too:

• Warrior of Sadness (available 15th April) — Fight the warrior who bears a sorrowful fate once more in this quest.
  • Fallen Disciples (available 22nd April) — Fight the fallen disciples again.
  • Overlord's Return (available 29th April) — Fight the overlord again.
  • Monokuma Strikes (available 6th May) — Fight the special guest, Monokuma.
  • Monokuma's Revenge (available 13th May) — Fight Monokuma once again.

Some repetition there, but they're free...

Good news for European gamers looking forward to the eShop release in the region is available, meanwhile, with Atlus confirming that both the demo and full game should be arriving in May; exact dates aren't available yet.

Are you in North America and picking up Conception II today? Be sure to grab your free DLC and let us know what you think.

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

They're announcing DLC and I haven't even opened the game yet.
This is great. :D

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

For a second there I thought they were paid! Paying to do the same thing again, who would do such a thing?
Remembers Pikmin 3
Never mind...

Player4

Player4 said:

Hey, that's good news. I was afraid we wouldnt get any games in May..

Seriously tho, it is good news. I was expecting this game somewhere next year, now I only need to decide on which platform I should get it on..

Edit: Still no SMTIV.. T_T

Tops

Tops said:

Free stuff is always good. PS The Disciple Weapon Pack is only free for the first month after release

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Where is SMTIV Atlus I've been waiting for something anything but no news in months.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

It arrives in Europe in MAY?!?! 0_0

So many releases in the next months...
I'm starting to miss the good old times when we used to complain about the lack of games coming out >_>;

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@TopLaytonsHat Depends what it is I am totally against stuff like pre order XP bonuses. If it just reduces the amount of grinding then it is not a game I want anyway. (Rather have it balanced so you cannot grind at all.)

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@Jazzer94 After the last direct (i.e. 10 months after NOE said in a direct "SMTIV is cometg") I tried contacting customer services for Nintendo UK, Germany and ATLUS USA (Ghostlight was ruled out as they have previously said they did not announce it). Some people were told by Nintendo UK that ATLUS was the publisher (I was not though but I actually stated this to ATLUS USA as I felt it was incorrect and if they could comment this would help the missinformation but they never replied). Nintendo Germany had an interesting reply which used the if/when regarding release but was basically the "we have no information". In short NOE are irresponsible for saying it was coming in the direct without saying who is actually publishing it (as of now it has been a year since it was announced and we are still no nearer to a release date, heck we don't even know the publisher).

I have a feeling Conception 2 is being used as a test bed so ATLUS USA can avoid having to use publishers who don't care such as NISA Europe (3 use EOIV demo and printed about 10 physical copies, they won't give EOIV am eShop sale either because as they said on Facebook "it is not their game") or take an eternity to release anything.

Of course the bad thing coming from this is no localisation which ultimately limits your customer base and then there is the fact it is conception 2 which I wonder if it has enough demand to pay for the publishing bits (if it doesn't they might leave it to European publishers as before but I don't want to buy Conception 2 to inflate the demand).

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Starwolf_UK I have to agree with what you said. I said it a while ago I believe this is a test run for future games to be brought over by them. Too bad they picked such an odd game to do this with. My guess is it needs to sell about 25 to 50 thousand to get noticed and I doubt it will get 10k tbh! Good luck to you guys on this!

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

This game actually any good ? Was not really convinced neither by the reviews nor by the demo (played it on Vita for what seems a rather nice graphics bump).
Maybe my perspective is a bit skewed since I'm currently playing P4G but this just felt off somehow ... can't really put my finger on it. All the systems seemed rather superficial I guess and all the dialogue and action were kinda slow paced almost tedious. This just me ?
Didn't really have a desire to pick it up after the demo. I expected to like it quite a bit despite the somehow contrived and silly setting beforehand though.

Excep7ional

Excep7ional said:

@Ralek85 Meh, I feel like it's an okay game. Nothing special though, and I didn't really care for the battle system much. On top of that, the premise for the game kind of puts me off so I think I'll pass on this. Your perspective might have been skewed since you're playing P4G, but I feel like that too.