Wii Sports Club Free Trial Swings Into Play in Europe and Australia

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Starting... now

Last week we reported that, in addition to a free worldwide content update that added the Wii Sports Resort Wuhu Island course to Wii Sports Club: Golf, North American gamers were also receiving another free trial weekend, which kicks off today. We enquired at the time whether there'd be an equivalent trial in Europe and Australia, with no happy news coming back; thankfully, that trial is actually available worldwide this weekend.

Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo Australia, respectively, have confirmed details that match up to the North American equivalents. From 11am UK time / noon CET / 10pm AEDT on 21st March until 11:59pm UK time / 00:59 CET / 10:59am AEDT on 23rd / 24th March (depending on your region), you'll be able to enjoy all of the Wii Sports Clubs events for free.

The pass should kick in when you fire up the game — plus last week's free course update if you don't already have it — and Nintendo will no doubt hope that a weekend of Tennis, Bowling and Golf will tempt more Wii U owners into picking up Club Passes for each respective event.

It seems we can all look forward to some free sport on Wii U this weekend — will you be giving it a whirl?

Related Games

rjejr

rjejr said:

It was nice to see the anmouncement in eShop last night -US- I know what we'll be playing this weekend.

ULTRA-64

ULTRA-64 said:

Might have to try some hd sport action while it's free......not really exited by this tbh. Would love to see more new sports though, or a major collection like resort released as a pack.
I've said it here before but.....I would settle for a mini wave-race game in the style of Wii sports resort but more options etc....

Lassenwolf

Lassenwolf said:

@ULTRA-64 Thats why the wiiu doesn't sell ,no matter what they do There are people like you that complain. Like Sony and MS , Nin doesn't give out free stuff so enjoy it while it is or don't complain

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Might play golf but my favourite is tennis and I already own it. I will buy the golf and bowling if they add tournaments where I don't have to watch other people's turns. Would also like it if they penalised the people that disconnect when they lose.

RetroBillyT

RetroBillyT said:

Not sure why there is always so much hate for Wii Sports Club. At £9 each I would say they are pretty good value for money and look a log better than the Wii version ...

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

@RetroBillyT: I'm not sure I agree. Wii Sports Resort had 12 sports and launched at £34.99 including a Motion Plus adapter.

At £9 per sport, Wii Sports Club offers 3 sports for around the same price if we knock off the value of a Motion Plus adapter. Sure, they look better but I would argue that most of the groundwork was already there. There's the add online infrastructure, of course, but I still think anything more than £5 per sport is poor value for money.

I have bought a day pass, however, which I think is fairly reasonable for all the sports. I know if I paid the full price for each sport I probably would spend more than it would cost me in day passes to play over 2 years, so I'm going to wait until they release more sports and add a good deal.

Rei7

Rei7 said:

I'll definitely play this but to buy this game at 10$ each is a no for me. I'll wait and get it if the price ever drops to 5$ each.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Going to play it at least a little bit this weekend. Not really interested in dropping money on it, but the online matches in Tennis are quite fun at least during the first free trial that came with the console.

RetroBillyT

RetroBillyT said:

@McHaggis I see where you're coming from. I have stayed away from day passes because for me it would lose the 'pick up and play' nature. I would always be pondering whether to lay down the cash each time to play...

Blue-Thunder

Blue-Thunder said:

I don't think there was much of a demand for this remake and the price is well above what I would class as value for money.

If Nintendo got all the sports done and sold them on a disc for say €25 - €30 then I think it'd sell.

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

Once this comes out on disc, if there are enough games, I will likely pick this up. Just seems this is a natural thing to be on disc to promote the Wii U, and yet... it's almost invisible from an "outside the community" promotional standpoint.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Only game i didnt have was Tennis and really ive been missing out this is the best game on the wii sports club so far. Oregon Club FTW

You guys are missing out if you dont take advantage of this free weekend play online ~

Ruthven

Ruthven said:

At $17 NZD a game... I will just stay with the bowling I already have.... Nice to have a trial though :)