Earlier this year we reported on the Pokémon Trading Card Game: XY Expansion Pack, taking the hugely popular pastime into the current 'mon generation. Now the expansion pack is getting an expansion, which seems pretty normal for a Pokémon product.
The Flashfire group — including booster cards and theme decks — will hit stores around the world on 7th May, with the red hot expansion including over 100 new cards to collect. As you'd expect the focus is on fire-type Pokémon, though more details from the press release are below.
- Three new Mega Evolution Pokémon — The expansion features two powerful versions of Mega Charizard-EX (a Dragon-type Mega Charizard X and a Fire-type Mega Charizard Y), in addition to Mega Kangaskhan-EX.
- Five new Pokémon-EX cards and four new full-art Pokémon-EX rare Ultra cards — New Pokémon-EX cards include Charizard-EX (two versions), Toxicroak-EX, Magnezone-EX, and Kangaskhan-EX.
- New Pokémon — Over 25 Pokémon from the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games appear in this set, in addition to 15 Pokémon that appear in the Pokémon TCG for the very first time.
- 15 new Trainer cards including three new full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards — New Trainer cards bring increased depth and player strategy to competitive battles.
- Booster Packs — Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will be available.
- Theme decks — 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
Are you a fan of the Pokémon Trading Card Game, and will you be hunting down these new cards? Gaze admiringly at the examples below and let us know.