GameStop Confirms Exclusive "Peach Pink" 2DS System for the U.S.

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

It's Mickey Mouse-themed, Princess Peach shunned...

While some may point out how many desirable limited-edition 3DS systems are available in Japan, it must be said that Western territories are catching up with plenty of eye-catching variations. Now the 2DS will get in the act, with the U.S. gearing up for a new colour to join the original blue and red variations.

As you can see in the picture above, this one will be a "Peach Pink" variation, though it doesn't actually reference the permanently-in-pink Princess Peach. That oddity aside, this system looks set to accompany the release of Disney Magical World, which arrives rather soon on 11th April in North America. This system is currently only confirmed for the U.S., with GameStop announcing that it's now taking pre-orders as the exclusive retailer for this model. At the standard price of $129.99 it'll also come with a special Disney Magical World carrying case.

It's little surprise that this charming Mii-sim has come to the West, especially as it's enjoyed impressive sales in Japan. We imagine this model will be popular with young gamers in particular, and may give a little boost to 2DS sales in the process.

What do you think of this, is it a 'hot' or 'bleh' pink?

[via polygon.com]

Mahe

Mahe said:

"It's little surprise that this charming Mii-sim has come to the West, especially as it's enjoyed impressive sales in Japan."

Not that clear-cut really. It's been out for a while in Japan. Meanwhile, another even much more popular "Mii-sim" from Japan, Tomodachi Connection, hasn't even been confirmed yet, and the DS version was never translated.

rjejr

rjejr said:

As much as I'm appalled by the 2DS design, I have 2 nieces aged 8 and 10 and a 12 yr. old god-daughter, each w/ 3DS owning brothers - who all love Disney and will probably be all over this. And it may be politically incorrect to say so, but these have "girl gift" written all over them. I'm surprised these don't include at least a digital copy of Nintendogs, the pink 3DS I bought my wife for Christmas came packaged w/ it.

The 2DS REALLY looks like a $99 toy in this color scheme, but that bag is really nice.

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

I hope my daughter never sees this! She got the red & white one before Christmas but she would absolutely LOVE this!

Dark-Link73

Dark-Link73 said:

Nintendo, Nintendo (tsk-tsk-tsk)... When are you going to see that Gamestop doesn't give a crap about you? Doesn't matter how many "exclusives" you give them, they'll always promote M$ and Sony consoles over yours and they'll just take advantage of you by gladly receiving the "exclusives" you give them.

Jampie

Jampie said:

Oh wow. I was planning to get a 2DS later down the line, but I guess I'll be getting one sooner than I thought!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

It looks like that fan made Luigi 2DS, with the green buttons swapped for pink.

BlueStar101

BlueStar101 said:

Maybe Peach would get a sequel of her game to match! XD But seriously, she needs another solo chance at Bowser. :P

allav866

allav866 said:

@Brickbuild101 Super Princess Peach was definitely a questionable game, but it was a fun game nonetheless. I wonder why it hasn't gotten a sequel yet. It'd probably look great on the 3DS.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I loved the fact that Peach finally had a game of her own (I played as her exclusively in Super Mario 3D World), but given the modest sales (about 1.1 million), compared to some of Nintendo's other big hitters on the DS, I very much doubt that there will be a sequel to Super Princess Peach. I would love a sequel on Wii U or 3DS.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

My nephew was needing a new handheld. Showed this to my brother-in-law, and he has already pre-ordered it. Thanks!

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Have no need for one with a OG 3DS and XL, but I like the look of these, especially the white ones.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Looks slick. Although pink isn't really my style, the collector in me is freaking over the notion of a US-exclusive, Gamestop-exclusive 2DS system. Shame it had to be pink though... still, it DOES look good, and a very nice shade of pink indeed.

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

They should release one similar to this in the future, but for a Super Princess Peach sequel. That would sell GREAT! Super Princess Peach is an awesome title. I think a sequel's due. :)

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

Yet another reason to hate Mickey Mouse ... and Nintendo. Nintendo never had the guts to officially release a system with a female character's theme even when Sony sold a Hannah Montana PSP. But they were boneheaded enough to have a GameCube with the obnoxious Lloyd from Tales theme.
Actually I pretty much hate all game companies right now (though I hate Sony and Microsoft for different reasons) but it's especially painful seeing this crap from a company I used to have so much respect for!

BlueStar101

BlueStar101 said:

@HyperSonicEXE Why must you tease me like dat!? But still, there could be some really interesting and pretty potential designs, like an overview of the universe congaing so many SMG planet cameos, as Rosalina, close to the screen from behind, observes through a stargazing telescope from the right of the system. :D