Video: This Extended Disney Magical World Trailer is Rather Charming

Posted by Conor McMahon

Time to go to your happy place

A spoonful of sugar usually helps the unfortunate delay go down - or at least that's how we think the song goes - and today's helping comes in the form of a new trailer for a 3DS title from Bandai Namco and Disney.

Disney Magical World released in Japan last year under the alternate title of Disney Magical Castle: My Happy Life. It's a suitably colourful and charming adventure that stormed the charts for quite some time, and has reached over half a million sales so far. Now it's set for release in North America on 11th April, offering some New Leaf-styled fun with a Disney twist.

You play as your Mii on the ultimate vacation, free of afternoon-draining queues and fully able to explore all the World has to offer, which is actually quite a bit. Interior designers have a café to beautify, outdoorsy types can fish or pick flowers at the request of some very famous faces, fashion fans have no shortage of Disney-themed outfits and accessories to customise their character with, and ghost hunters can...do exactly that. In a surprising turn, the trailer below features some interesting battle gameplay that draws instant comparison to Kingdom Hearts, if a little milder.

In a previously-released Japanese Trailer even more can be seen, including a whole host of classic characters to interact with. If you always wanted Winnie The Pooh to visit your Animal Crossing village then this is definitely the next best thing.

Check out the English trailer below and let us know if you'll be planning a trip.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Actually, I don't think you hunt ghosts in Animal Crossing. Regardless, I'm interested. The Disney fan in me wants to takes this up.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I'm not a big disney fan but still looking forward to this title & very glad they kept disney how it was originally like how you see in the cartoon's or at a amusement park. :) Not the gothic look like in kingdom hearts. :(

Can't wait until April 11th to play this game! ;) Plus it has goofy & winnie the pooh bear in it plus alot other disney characters I like as well. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

rjejr

rjejr said:

For anyone interested in this game I'ld suggest the linked to japanese version over the US version, it flows better and looks more exciting.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

already have a pre-order in for this game. i might have to buy more than one copy though since i'm sure my kids will want it too

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

Frankly, at the moment this year, there seems to be only 3 3DS games that I'm interested in. Smash Bros won't come out until later in the year, Yoshi's New Island is iffy, Kirby is a definient. So frankly, I'd definitely be willing to add this to the list. Hope is comes out here in the UK fairly soonish

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Actually this looks pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!! But I'm not sure I need another 3DS game to eat up my whole entire life :P (Rune Factory 4, Animal Crossing New Leaf and Harvest Moon a New Beginning 3D yeah I'm good!!!!)

feelthesarcasm

feelthesarcasm said:

Dancing, farming, hunting and battling ghosts? It's as if Disney was the surrogant mother for a baby by Animal Crossing and Rune Factory.

WitchSugoi

WitchSugoi said:

I'm just now realizing it's releasing in April, thought the wait was going to be longer. Glad it isn't though because that trailer just made me even more excited for the game. :)

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

There will be at least 3 copies in our house, plus my mother-in-law is getting it as well. So glad this finally got localised!

Shane904

Shane904 said:

I'm def going to get this after seeing the trailer...
Does anyone know if there's a Tron...anything in the game?

TantXL

TantXL said:

Well this looks sweet, i'm a real Disney fan and love all the old cartoons so this is a must for me. but i already have a bunch of other games i gotta have too.