Video: Persona Q Website Unveils Two More Characters

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

We really can't wait to get started on this one

We've had a look at the official Persona Q: Shadow of Labyrinth website a few times before, and now we drop back in just as Atlus releases videos focussing on Persona 3's Shinjiro Aragaki and Persona 4's Yukiko Amagi.

They may struggle to even hit the one minute mark, but as they're almost entirely real-time footage and show the characters both in and out of battle, we can't complain too much.

Which one's your favourite? Let us know in the comments section below

[via p-atlus.jp]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Now all we need is a release date already! I love how Atlus is always working on something for all systems.

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

@FantasiaWHT

It is but I can live with that as long as there is some story and character interaction in this and is not only dungeon crawling...... apparently there is indeed some sort of story as we have been shown dialogue scenes, if that is the case then I'm buying

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

Unlike some blind people here I'm loving everything so far. The risks they took for the designs are divine. And Hoping we get a release date that's around Japan's.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

This game looks super fun! I am a big Persona fan and super excited to play this. And wow, Persona has the best music ever, haha.

MERG

MERG said:

Super excited for this. Atlus is giving the 3DS a lotta love! Maybe they could throw some love to the Wi iU too.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

@FantasiaWHT
As much as I like the Persona games, I completely agree. Every time I see the game I cringe a little. It just doesn't fit the series AT ALL

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

I'm pretty excited for this. It should also be interesting to see how a Persona game sells on Nintendo hardware.

FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT said:

@Jayvir
I'm in a little different place. If this "chibi" style were actually cute, I could get on board. If in-game looked like the art in the image heading for this article, I would like it. But this 3D version of it is awful =/

Gioku

Gioku said:

I must say, I do kinda like the art style in this game...

...but I am otherwise totally uninterested.

ueI

ueI said:

I'd rather see gameplay. Footage of characters I don't recognize isn't going to get me to buy the game.

Artie

Artie said:

Yes, let's all complain that the first Persona game to come to a Nintendo console (exclusive no less) is ugly when we should all know 2D images of 3DS games aren't an accurate representation. Nintendo-made games don't look great in 2D screens either. Let's bash a good thing.

Windy

Windy said:

I think it looks great and will be a great game on 3ds. bring it on!

Tops

Tops said:

Meh, I'm not too interested in this. I have EO 4 and Untold to keep me going as well as SMT IV and Overclocked so Atlus already has my love and attention

mamp

mamp said:

So that's 8 characters shown off so far I liked chie but her kick doesn't send you blasting off (again LOL).

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

This is a Persona game, so it will be absolutely oozing with story and personality.

Loving the fact that it's bringing together characters from 3 and 4 as well!

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

I'm going to get it, because I love Persona... but I'm not going to pretend like I think this animation is attractive in any way.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Only persona game i ever played is persona 4 ps2. Im actually playing through it right now. Check out the anime for it too pretty exciting. So if this game is like so id be happy. I see that King Foe has returned lol

P.S I need to get a 3DS still..lol

Squid

Squid said:

I'm shocked by all the people putting this game down for it's art style. I mean, if you don't like it, that's fine. Honestly I would rather have it be more original to the PS2 styles, but to call it ugly? Really? There's nothing that terrible about this at all. If it's a little too cute for your tastes then okay, but... I guess the rest of us who aren't that picky will just enjoy it instead. And really, does no one think about how it's still in development and might look a little more refined when it comes out?

Regardless, I'm excited for this. I'm glad Shinji's coming back, too. :) Never really cared for Yukiko, and it's not as if I expected Atlus to remove these characters, so whatever... Although I feel like I haven't seen Ken Amada from P3 at all yet. Anyways, seeing the characters is cool and all, but they really should show some actual gameplay. That's really the only thing that makes me slightly hesitant about this game, since I'm not really a fan of the first-person dungeon crawler games.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

Cannot wait for Persona Q. I have been a long-time SMT Fan and this will certainly be a nice/welcome addition to the family! As for the graphics, they've grown on me, so I don't mind em at all! In fact I find it pretty charming. Dungeon exploration appears to be similar to Etrian Odyssey's, except with characters walking around in front of you during certain events (or opening doors)... I think it looks awesome and I cannot wait to play it!

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

The art style looks great to me, and oohh, that Persona 3 music! Game's lookin' great so far.

It's being made by the Etrian Odyssey team, right? I think that's why the art style is the way it is, and I hope that the 3D models in battle is a sign that Etrian Odyssey V will have full 3D models too. That would be so good.

yuwarite

yuwarite said:

Looks really ugly, and doesn't represent the beautiful art style of this series at all.

element187

element187 said:

The source just doesn't fit the art style... It's closer to Etrian Odyssey than it is to Persona.

Their decision here tells me is they think Nintendo gamers only buy cutesy chibi cartoons and don't like darker games of persona and SMT

thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ said:

Can't...wait...to get this. Persona and Etrian Odyssey rolled into one. Almost nothing could be better.