Video: Persona Q Website Shows New Footage

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Some downloadable goodies for your PC too!

The Persona Q website has been updated with a new trailer showing off a lot of new event scenes in both movie and real-time forms, as well as some brief and irritatingly small screens of actual gameplay. Sharp-eyed readers may also spot a quick cameo from Catherine's Vincent Brooks! The trailer closes with the Japanese release date - currently given as 5th June 2014.

There's also a set of Twitter icons and a wallpaper to decorate your favourite computer screen with while you wait for the game to come out, all found under the "special" tab on the website.

What do you think of this new trailer? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via p-atlus.jp]

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

Wait, so is the game closer to the main series in gameplay, or is it closer to Etrian Odyssey? I didn't find myself particularly interested in the gameplay of the latter.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

This game really interests me seeing as I enjoyed both SMT and Persona, but I really REALLY wish they didn't go the chibi route. It's just conflicting so much with what I've come to know and expect from Persona.

SilverArrow

SilverArrow said:

I tell you why they went for the super deformed look. Either
A. this is a spin-off of Persona (most likely) or
B. they believe that cutesy sells on Nintendo platforms.

I, myself, wish they didn't do super deformed as well, but it's out of my control.

hngdmn

hngdmn said:

@GuardianKing
Considering we haven't seen anything about fusions or Social Links, I guess it will be just an EO IV reskin with that Press-Turn lite system Persona uses. Which I'm totally fine with, because to be honest EO is miles above Persona as far as gameplay and dungeon design goes.

JaySonsa1298

JaySonsa1298 said:

Wow, can't believe i've never played a Persona game before. This will surely be my first.(This is coming out in US right,or is it JP exclusive?)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Awesome!!! Cant wait to hopefully play this next year! I hope Atlus is able to keep the fast turnover rate for localization. Will pay 10$ extra for it!

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Seems very promising now, this completely prevents me from getting a PS Vita as I already got Persona 4 on PS2.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Yep, another $40 they've coaxed out of my wallet. Will it never end!!!

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@hngdmn If it were a EO IV reskin it wouldn't be Persona... I have a feeling it will have all the social link functions of the Persona series, and I am absolutely certain there will be a town to walk around just like in the Persona games... Same with Dungeons. I think the only real similarity to EO this will have is the Five-member party system... I have a feeling they just don't want to show off the rest yet. After playing the glorious SMTIV, I know that the system is capable of doing a full-blown Persona title.

element187

element187 said:

@B3ND3R Its a terrible shame SMT IV bombed so hard in the west. I'm still enjoying it immensely (almost 80 hours in)... I hope this chibi look isn't going to be Atlus's art style for Nintendo systems going forward. I can just picture them doing that SMT vs FE crossover in this art style... I think I would lose my lunch.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

This is gonna get interesting. Still wondering how they will tie this into the MegaTen canon, since SMT isn't well known for sub-series spinoffs or even multiple canons.

GN004Nadleeh

GN004Nadleeh said:

@B3ND3R i hope so! it is in an alternate reality so they can use old faces as new people and throw in a few new students as well. social links is a must in persona games now so i will continue to hope and hope

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

@GN004Nadleeh

Unfortunately I doubt this game would have social links, I do hope at least there's some story and character development and that is not only dungeon crawling

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

This is going to be great! I don't mind the art style, it looks fine. But I would prefer something closer to what we saw in Persona 3 & 4.

imjustbettr

imjustbettr said:

@JaySonsa1298 I highly highly recommend playing Persona 4 or Persona 3 first. Persona Q will basically be a spin off game using the mechanics of the etrian odyssey series mixed with persona stuff which isn't bad, but I doubt persona q will be indicative of the core persona games. You're seriously missing out if you havent played at least one of these games first.

Windy

Windy said:

Crossing my fingers this gets a sniff of North America and Europe! Wow does it look good.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I wouldn't mind a PAL release since more JRPGs is never a bad thing, but what I really want is that SMT4...