Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths Will Find Its Way Onto the Wii U eShop on 21st November

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Will arrive on the 3DS store "a couple of weeks later"

During the Summer we told you about Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths, which is based on the popular Japanese / French animated series of the same name; its popularity is on the rise again since its '80s glory days, and the game will be updated with free DLC to match up with new episodes of the show. With most fans being in France, Neko Entertainment and Ynnis Interactive successfully ran a Kickstarter campaign to fund an english localisation — the title was ultimately confirmed for both the Wii U and 3DS eShop platforms.

Originally planned for an October release, the publisher and developer have now revealed the final release date, with the title coming to the Wii U on 21st November — as well as iPad, iPhone and PC; the 3DS release will come "a couple of weeks later". You'll control up to three characters at a time to solve puzzles, with executive producer Fleur Marty telling us it's an experience that's "'cooperative solo' because of how you get to play it together as a family", with the developer hopeful that children will get help from relatives as they play the game.

With its arrival less than a week away on the Wii U, are you interested in picking this up? If you want to know a bit more be sure to check out our interview with the developer.

Related Games

Emblem

Emblem said:

I hope the release date doesn't damage sales, Zelda & Mario drop that week...

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Is this game aimed at adults who enjoyed the series as kids or a new generation of kids?

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I think I'll end up getting this for Wii U. It looks like it has fun puzzle aspects. Perhaps I should check out the anime in the meantime...

Emblem

Emblem said:

@Nintenjoe64 Judging by the Kickstarter i would say its mainly aimed at old fans but will be accessible for a younger generation as well.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

I just hope you can turn off those hint lights. The game looks like it'll have quite a few headturning puzzles later on.
Other than that: I just LOVE how close they keep the visuals to the original series!

FrTroyLR17

FrTroyLR17 said:

I've backed it so it'll be mine, I don't know if I'll receive it only for Wii U because they asked me if I've a 3DS and an Android or Iphone smartphone !

ColdingLight

ColdingLight said:

So...Will this be released in the states? I understand this is a french childrens show but still...

gurtifus

gurtifus said:

What a game full of memories for me !
Yes I'm french and that was one of the best show I used to watch when I was a child.
Cities of gold, I'm coming !

Shworange

Shworange said:

Is this a spin off of the 80's nickelodeon cartoon? I must admit. It looks really stupid.