Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Fourteen

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Mario in space, a sleepy Marth, celebrating 3D World and more

It's another Monday, the nights are drawing in and the festive season — with its associated shopping madness — approaches. Yet some things remain constant and reliable, such as new screens for Super Smash Bros. being posted by Masahiro Sakurai on the Super Smash Bros. Director's Room Miiverse community board. That will surely go on until the game arrives on Wii U and 3DS, and we're not sure we'll ever get enough.

Last week was light on reveals, which is unsurprising as the week before had unveiled a new Super Mario Galaxy stage on the Wii U. Some small details were outlined, such as the following description for the Windy Hill Sonic Lost World stage.

The giant wind mill in the right-hand side of Windy Hill. It keeps on turning even though it can't fit in the screen, so you'll find yourself in trouble if you're on it for too long.

Check out last week's images below, and as always click on the date headings to see the original Miiverse posts.

18th November

19th November

20th November

21st November

22nd November

Some attractive images last week, even though the 3DS version was — unfortunately — absent; it returns, fear not! Let us know which is your favourite in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (341 votes)

Starship Mario looks dashing in HD

11%

Marth has a nap over Skyloft

Mario and Sonic get athletic at the windmill

11%

The Super Mario 3D World cast team up

48%

Luigi, with an enormous nose, lurks behind Marth

18%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I got 100%!

Had to pick Luigi sticking his nose in Marth's business purely for how hilariously awkward it is.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I have been playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl like crazy lately! I can't wait for this GAME!!!!

idork99

idork99 said:

Due to excessive excersizing, it seems that the trainer has developed a bad case of athlete's foot and foul odor. Enough to make Marth faint in disgust :p

Rafie

Rafie said:

The 3D cast for the win...with the exception of Rosalina! ;)

My main Marth either is K.O'ed or taking a nap! OR could have fainted from the awesomeness that is Fitness Trainer. LOL

Gioku

Gioku said:

Again, why no 3DS screenshots? The Wii U version is cool and all, but I'd like to see the 3DS version, too!

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

I choose the first one because it has my hopes up for a platform to play on. I mean, just think about it...first wonder why Sakurai decided to show a detail in the background...then wonder why it was Starship Mario--I mean, he could've shown King Kaliente's arena, Captain Toad's ship, or Bowser Jr.'s Airships. But no, it was the "little detail in the background" called Starship Mario.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Where you see "Marth has a nap over Skyloft" I see Marth having been knocked out and Wii Fit Trainer is about to do something to him.

Yoshi88

Yoshi88 said:

That Super Mario 3D World shot just makes me want both 3D World and a
Super Dmash Bros.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Could Marth have gotten Jigglypuff'd?

Either way, voted for Luigi's nose. Way too hilarious.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

I think that Marth is exhausted because the Wii Fit Trainer's workout routine was too much for him. He really needs to work on his balance. u_u

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I vote for the Super Mario 3D World-inspired pic, even though that Toad is a normal one and not blue.

Luigi's head is frightfully massive.

Memeboy3

Memeboy3 said:

Darkrai used Nightmare!
It's Super Effective on Marth!
Marth Fainted.
Game Over!
Title screen:
Casual: Normal mode.
Permadeath:Nuzlocke Mode.

Nomad

Nomad said:

I was a bit disappointed with Sonic Lost World but that stage does look pretty cool.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

3dWorld cast. My favorite. Would be cool if Nintendo added Rosalina as a character to Smash, & I mean not as an alt costume for Peach, but as an actual different character, & not a Peach clone character, either.

Austroid

Austroid said:

Definately 3D World's cast.

Is it just me, or are the funny screen attempts not that funny? I've got a dozen Brawl screens that honestly still crack me up. Screens that include ZS Samus' foot being grabbed by Charizard, Andross enjoying a hot bath in Brinstar's lava, Lucas being hit by Samus' arm cannon in a risky position, and Luigi jumping upside-down out of the portal in the Zelda bridge stage.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This is pretty concrete evidence that Toad will not be a playable character in this one. Didn't think he would but you do here requests for him.