Mighty Switch Force! 2 Dousing the North American Wii U eShop This Week

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"Everywhere else" on 24th October

We've known for a good while that WayForward is bringing 3DS eShop release Mighty Switch Force! 2 to the Wii U eShop, following in the steps of Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition. The developer has been targeting an October release and, based on the tweets of main man Matt Bozon, it seems to have succeeded.

As confirmed below the title arrives this week in North America, and Europe / PAL regions on 24th October; it's also stated that this is the same version as on 3DS, meaning the original pixel-based visuals adapted to a 16:9 ratio.

Though appreciative of its charms, we weren't as overwhelmed with delight when playing the original 3DS version as we'd hoped to be, with our review giving a solid recommendation. It'll be interesting to see how it translates to the big screen.

Are you planning to pick this up on Wii U?

[via twitter.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

May pick it up depending on price. Haven't finished the other one on Wii U eShop yet though.

Furealz

Furealz said:

Aww...why can't they use the same engine for the HD one? If they are using pixels, then it needs to stay the same price on 3DS....

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I want to see pictures first. Does not sound as polished as the first one.

Sir420

Sir420 said:

Will pick it up tomorrow if it's 9.99. Love the pixel look of Pixel Patty in MSFHD.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Was not a huge fan of the first so this depends on the price.

HyperSonicEXE

HyperSonicEXE said:

Looking forward to Patty in more of a "high-octane" platformer. I can only think that'd mean Megaman-esque gameplay, given how she jumps and the guns that she's had.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Will there be a demo?

The Wii U hasn't had a demo since W101 in August, about 2 months ago. There have been several games in demo version at the shows, I wish we could finally get a couple of those. Lego Marvel demo came out last night on PS3 so I know it's in the wild. .

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

Was excited when I seen the headline ... not so much after reading the article. No hyper drive(HD) edition?

NImH

NImH said:

Yeah, it looks to be a straight port... that's a bit of a letdown. I'll probably still get it on sale at some point. It was fun.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

I enjoyed the original, not as much as Mutant Mudds or even Pushmo, but it was a pretty decent yet unsatisfying ride....Would of helped(even in the case of Mutant Mudds) had they thrown in some boss battles. It would be neat playing the sequal on the Wii U, may check it out down the line.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Better than the original. Need to experience it on the big screen with Wii U too.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I'll probably get in eventually. Played through the first one on the Wii U and it was perfectly good fun. Right now I'm way too deep into Wind Waker HD and Pokémon X to even consider any other game, though.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I prefer WayForwards' pixel art anyway, but its sad for those who loved the HD version of the first one.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

The miiverse community for this version of Mighty Switch Force! 2 will be spammed with comments like, "WII U MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE 2!, Y U NO IN HD LIKE WII U MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE! 1?!?"

At least it'll still look better then the 3DS version.

MrKenta

MrKenta said:

So this isn't an HD version? And it doesn't even have new stages?
I like Wayforward, but this is really stupid, I don't even see the point of this being on Wii U.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

@AyeHaley
I feel the same way. WF's actual Artwork and their style in general....is a bit, well. Lack luster. Their pixel art however is Vamptastic! Muh...ha..ha. I did some side by side comparisons between the original 3DS Mighty switch force Vs the HD Wii U version and i actually prefer the look of the pixel art. The Wii U HD toon sprites look a little too basic for my tastes. So yup, i have no problem getting the 3DS version in 16:9!

Plus playing this sequal on the 'big screen' will shake things up a bit. B-)

Morph

Morph said:

Depends how well the conversion has been done, cant see myself getting wii u version tho

Nico07

Nico07 said:

In an email I recieved from Wayforward because I supported 1/2 Genie Hero, they said it would be $5.99 on Wii U.