Video: Getting To Grips With Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Posted by Alice Le Tissier

We give you an exclusive first look at the new 3DS RPG classic

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl arrives in North America on October 1st, but we've been granted early access to the game thanks to our good friends at Atlus.

Below you'll find our exclusive "First Look" video which details the opening moments of the game, from the animated intro sequence to the nitty-gritty of building your very own dungeon-crawling team.

Let us know what you think about the game by posting a comment below. Also, don't forget to subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

Looking forward to it's EU release. EO4 has me hooked at the moment. I seriously love it :)

silo2142

silo2142 said:

Am I the only one that wants to get the first Ronin and name him Kamina?.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Smitherenez So am I! Sadly, I was the only one who preordered a copy of EO4 at my local EB Games & it was the only copy they were getting in too :'( I absolutely loved the demo, the game really needs far more exposure than it's gotten, at least where I'm from :p

@XXIV not at all! He took the words very quickly out of my mouth :p

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

@XXIV I have washed my hands afterwards, so don't worry about it.

@WiiLovePeace I had a preorder at a local game store too, and the guy behind the counter said that he never heard of the series before. He also told me that there are a lot of requests for the game at the store ATM!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Smitherenez Yeah the worker at my local store also had never heard of it. I guess that's not too much of a suprise as the last EO game brought to PAL regions was the original Etrian Odyssey for DS, released 5 years ago. I'm glad to hear the demand for the game at your local store was high though :D

@coboalice thanks for the awesome first impressions (still watching it now). You're amazingly lucky to have the game so early before release :D

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Demo is up but for those of you hoping for classic mode you're out of luck. Its only the story mode. I'm glad as its what I want to go through

Emblem

Emblem said:

Still loving EO4, i'll pick this up on release but doubt i'll touch storymode.

thanos316

thanos316 said:

lately ive been an rpg feind on my ds and 3ds.. bring on another good rpg please. i know they are time consuming but once u find the right one then your in business.

edhe

edhe said:

I don't know whether to buy IV first before I consider this, but it looks interesting anyway.

It's a pity the video didn't have much actual gameplay, but I'm sure it's out there to find.

thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ said:

Can't wait til Oct. 1st. Already got this bad boy pre-ordered so I'm looking forward to all the extra goodies that are coming with the first prints. I'm probably not gonna touch the demo though, I'm working on finishing IV in the next 14 days so I'll be totally ready for MM when it comes out. Of course I'll be ready for it regardless whether I finish IV or not, but still I'd really like to finish it first.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

Didn't like the last one so won't be picking this up. It's a shame because I love RPGs

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

It might be crazy for me to type this, but this is the game I am most anticipating from October until 2014. No other game really interests me. And that includes Pokemon.

ueI

ueI said:

That wasn't a bad video, but I will never be satisfied with pre release information.

TheGZeus

TheGZeus said:

Just installed the demo and BLAST! No Japanese audio option!
I realise this adds to the size of the game, and a touch of coding time, but seriously... It's a bit borked in Fire Emblem: Awakening, but at least it's there.
It's entirely possible that the English audio is better (it's not bad at all!), but how am I to know?
Blast, blast, blast... (obviously this isn't what I'm saying aloud).
Oh, I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, I'm just frustrated that something that DVDs (remember those?) have hasn't become in our cutting-edge games.

ueI

ueI said:

I don't care for Japanese audio, but I'm disappointed the cutscenes have no subtitles: another feature that all our DVDs have.

Irix

Irix said:

Is there a option to chance de voices to japanese in the full version?