Devil Survivor Overclocked Should Be Available in The European 3DS eShop Next Month

Posted by Andy Green

It's long overdue

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked emerged in Europe earlier this year, but suffered with teething problems that saw the game break part way through.

Thankfully, Ghostlight, the publisher in Europe, created a patch and all is well again, with players now able to play the game in full without worrying about it crashing.

However, a 3DS eShop release never materialised but Ghostlight is set to right that wrong too and hopes to have it appear on the 10th October for £29.99.

Meanwhile, the publisher is working towards releasing the DS title Devil Survivor 2 to the select few who pre-ordered it via its website. The company has collated and added everyone’s names to the manual and resubmitted the printed materials to Nintendo for approval. The cartridges have also entered the manufacturing process and Ghostlight is hoping for an estimated delivery date soon.

What are your thoughts on Devil Survivor Overclocked? Will you be happy to see it crop up in the eShop? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via blog.ghostlight.uk.com]

Related Games

lividd3ad

lividd3ad said:

I've wanted this for a while, but I'm still not sure I can justify £30 on something like this. eShop prices are getting closer to how they're supposed to be, but they're still a little high for me for my liking.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

It is bad what they did with the original cart. Some years from now they will likely be no way of getting that patch.

In days gone by they would have replaced all of them (Still think they should).

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Not sure when/if I'll buy it, but to have this title easy and fast to purchase in the eshop will surely move it back in my wishlist!

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

There were a few similarly broken DS games where the lot were replaced which is completely reasonable.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Great game. Just remember there is like 1% 3d in this game and it should appeal to any Fire Emblem fans!

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Crappy PAL release aside this is a terricfic game. Combining the superior story and setting of Devil Survivor 1 with gameplay improvements from Devil Survivor 2 this is one of the better Shin Megami Tensei games and definetly the best spin-off.

Windy

Windy said:

I just picked this up in the US. Haven't had a Chance to play it yet since i've been playing SMTIV which im about 60 hours into it so far. What a great game. Soul Hackers is up next!

Slayer

Slayer said:

Devil Survivor. Nice. I wish all enjoyment out of this game to the Europeans waiting.