Miiverse Photo Attachment Option Teased

Posted by Orla Madden

Still in its test phase

The run up to E3 is full of teasing and surprises, and this year it's no different. Nintendo employee, Tom, was on a flight to LA earlier on with Reggie and let everyone know he was doing so by posting on Miiverse. However, this post featured an image of the plane's wing, suggesting photo attachments may be available in the future.

He also stated that the photo attachment option was still in its "test phase", so it's not available for use by other Wii U users.

It's not known how we'll be able to upload images; we reckon it may be possible that you could upload it from your smartphone or tablet after taking a picture, or through the Wii U GamePad after using its own camera.

Is it a feature you'd welcome? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net, nintendoeverything.com]

Charizord

Charizord said:

>Happy to be in the same flight as Reggie
>posts a picture of a plane's wing
>no Reggie
>Conclusion: Tom is a liar.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

A photo feature? We all know what "wonderful" photos that they'll be trying to post there. You know what "wonderful" photos I'm talking about....

devilwaffle

devilwaffle said:

Well, I'd love to use this feature, but something tells me that it wont last long. And I also have a feeling it might not be given out to the general public.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

People don't know how to use it? Perhaps only moderates or Nintendo employees can only use attachments.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Oh wait, they're still testing it. I guess pictures you take with the Wii U gamepad will be used as attachments. Neat.

Captain_Bagel

Captain_Bagel said:

Miiverse users are pretty civilized, the worst thing I've seen was someone who just wrote "penis". And that was only once, back in December.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

oh great... i'm afraid mariobro4 is right. They'd better hire some extra moderators to remove all the junk (pun intended)

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

it's a badly timed photo, Tom just missed him - Reggie is flying beneath the wing with his Super Mario World cape on.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Not sure if it would be a good addition because lots of inappropriate stuff could be added to the photo option, so it would cause quite a stir.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Most likely 3DS and smartphones will be able to upload photos from their galleries. I'm wondering if they'll allow for NFC so you can transfer your photos from your phone to the Wii U so you can see how the photo looks on a big screen before uploading it. I'll finally be able to make use of my Galaxy Nexus' NFC capabilities if they do...

MonsieurRosbif

MonsieurRosbif said:

No, no and no again! Part of the charm and originality of Miiverse is the LACK of photos everywhere. I love the fact that everything is in black and white. I don't want to see what people are eating and cats (unless they are eating a cat - that I would enjoy!).

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

@MonsieurRosbif lol yeah i would hate to see ppl post their random food that they are about to eat like usually do on other places -___-

but maybe they can make a app that connects to your 3ds and sends the pics to your wii u using that app and saves the pics or something?

A1234

A1234 said:

or how about from dsi/3ds to directly miiverse? I loved the dsi directly to facebook feature. but, would be fine without any pic feature. miiverse is great as is.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Hmm... I don't really see the point of letting Miiverse users do this. Screenshots of games are what we need and already have. Video snippets of games would be awesome, but miiverse gets bogged down a bit already.

Now, DRAWING on screenshots could be awesome. :)

Or before we get photos could we get color drawing?

I seriously don't think anyone but Nintendo people will be getting the ability to post photos.