Natsume's Hometown Story Will Be Playable at E3

Posted by Lee Meyer

Spiritual successor to Harvest Moon will see worldwide release

Natsume has announced that Hometown Story, the new 3DS title from Harvest Moon creator Yasuhiro Wada, will be playable at this year's E3. The title, first announced last year as Project: Happiness, tasks the player with fixing up and developing a shop left to them by their grandmother.

In true, charming Natsume fashion, the player will meet all sorts of quirky and fun townsfolk and creatures along the way. Natsume says in a press release:

You won't have to go it alone, though. You'll get help from a magical sprite name Pochica, who will help you get the store back up and running, and introduce you to all of the unique characters who reside in the town. The villagers will all change and grow throughout the game, and that person who you thought might be up to no good when you first met them just might have a heart of gold! You'll never know what to expect in Hometown Story!

In addition to having Wada's pedigree, Hometown Story is being scored by iconic Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu, with character design by Atsuko Nishida, known for designing Pikachu and other Pokemon. Natsume will publish the game in the States, while Rising Star Games is bringing the title to Europe.

Are you looking forward to Hometown Story? Let us know in the comments section.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'd not even heard of this game :o I do like Harvest Moon, so will be watching this with interest from now on.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

I'm just gonna be optimistic about this game. As a huge fan of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory I had some high hopes for this game, but.. from what I've seen in previous trailers, it hasn't looked very good. Mainly because it looked like a bad iOS game. The screenshot showing here looks like a bit of an improvement though. I'm still looking forward to seeing this and glad they are showing it at E3.

Beta

Beta said:

Spiritual successor? What? You're telling me that the Harvest Moon series just ended like that? O_O

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I'm sorry but I hated that boring trailer. Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Fantasy Life are FAR more appealing simulation games.

Joe1113

Joe1113 said:

Love HM, so this is a no-brainer day 1 for sure. It looks very similar to normal HM gameplay, but i still think it looks good nonetheless. I want an acutal HM game this year(FINGERS CROSSED XX) even though its not looking very likely for Japan, let alone the us right now. Maybe next year.

leemeyer26Staff

leemeyer26 said:

@Beta I meant that the title was Wada's spiritual successor to Harvest Moon, as he doesn't work directly on those games anymore. I'm sure Harvest Moon is still going strong!

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I'm not entirely sold on this yet, but as a big Harvest Moon and Rune Factory fan I'll be keeping an eye on it. Besides, Harvest Moon doesn't exactly seem all too exciting at first glance either if your not already a fan.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

This looks promising. I have never played a Harvest Moon before (I want one for 3DS) but this concept looks fun.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I hope it goes on the eShop because I bet it will be hard to find in Australia.

Windy

Windy said:

I hope early next year or very late this year. So much good so fast is making me chain game