C-Wars Smashes Kickstarter Stretch Goals to Confirm Wii U and 3DS Releases

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

All stretch goals hit, including "Cyber-Lover Mode"

Earlier this week we reported that the developers of C-Wars had been approved as 3DS developers, while its Kickstarter fundraiser was close to its 3DS stretch goal. The good news is that the game isn't only coming to 3DS, it's coming to Wii U as well.

The real-time-strategy title, that promises a rogue-like approach, has been attracting attention due to its retro-styled visuals and level of detail shown on its campaign page. Below is part of the explanation of the experience we can expect.

In addition to the numerous special/random encounters commonly seen in a regular roguelike game, we’ve spent a large amount of time creating this unique combat system, which follows an RTS spirit with an ARPG essence. Our goal is to amplify units collaboration and micromanagement.

It's a magnificent combination of retro-style visuals and innovative gameplay.

At the time of writing the fundraising has almost closed, with a total of $93,679 raised, well beyond the 3DS goal of $65,535 and the Wii U equivalent of $75,000. The estimated delivery of the game is October — which should cover original platforms PC, Mac, Linux and Android — and hopefully the Nintendo releases won't be far behind.

If you missed it earlier in the week, below is the fundraising pitch video to show you what it's all about.

[via kickstarter.com, destructoid.com]

Related Games

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

So for those who backed up the project for 25 bucks, do they get the special dlc weapons for the 3ds and wii u?

Bragoon

Bragoon said:

I'm not a big fan of Tower Defense style games, but I might shell out for this one. We'll see once some reviews start to roll in.

Cevan

Cevan said:

I probably won't pick this up, but good to see a Kickstarter game meet its stretch goals and on its way to the 3DS and Wii U!

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

What a good news!

October is a bit far for say anything sure, but no doubt this game is on my wish list for now :)

Azikira

Azikira said:

Oddly enough, my pledge for this game will still go to my 3DS Version. I feel I wont destroy the touch screen on that.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I'm looking forward to buying it on either 3DS or Wii U (I haven't decided which one to go with). I had a quick look through & can't find any details on what "cyber-lover mode" means/is, anyone know?

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

I played the Alpha build, and while the game is hard as hell, it's still a lot of fun!
I'm really looking forward to it!

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

@WiiLovePeace Cyber-Lover according to the game is a different faction you get to play in the game just like LDF. When and how you unlock them is yet to be determined.

Spanish_Bread

Spanish_Bread said:

@Kaze_Memaryu I tried launching the game but it doesn't run on my pc even if java is already installed... anyway thanks for the impression... now, i'm really looking forward to it more.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

Oh wow, I just heard about this game now and I gotta say, it looks really stinking awesome. I love the visual style and I'm generally a fan of this style of gameplay, I can't wait to try it out.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

@Spanish_Bread You have to install a specific Java framework to run it - they provide a link on the website. Java in itself isn't enough, since it was developed in an enhanced Java environment.