Zen Studios Confirms Zen Pinball 2 Launch Tables

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

25 either bundled or on individual sale

Ahead of its release in Europe this week and its arrival "very soon" in North America, Zen Studios has published the list of day one content for Zen Pinball 2 on the Wii U eShop.

As expected, with the format following that seen on other consoles — a free download with demos of tables and DLC packages — there'll be a meaty assortment on offer. While it is up to you how much or how little you decide to spend after free trials, some tables are tied up in bundles, while others will be available to buy on an individual basis. The details are below.

• Zen Classic Pack featuring Tesla, El Dorado, V12 and Shaman
  • Marvel Pinball featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Iron Man
  • Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles featuring Marvel’s The Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, and Fear Itself
  • Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue featuring X-Men, Thor, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight
  • Individual DLC Tables: Excalibur, Earth Defense, Sorcerer’s Lair, Paranormal, Mars, Epic Quest, Plants vs. Zombies, Fantastic Four and Captain America

Zen Studios has previously confirmed that pricing will match other platforms, which means $3 for individual tables and $10 for the four table packs. A post on NeoGaf purports to have the EU price details — they make sense in relation to the U.S. prices — but we don't have long to wait until we find out for definite.

In case you missed it before, the trailer for the Wii U release is below. Are you looking forward to this, and do you have any thoughts on what packs or tables may set you back some cash?

[via blog.zenstudios.com]

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

I'm staring to get into pinball more with these kind of pinball games, so maybe i'll get this when it comes out.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

It will cost you € 66,87 to download all initial packs and tables. Quite expensive for a "free" game.. (€9,99 per pack and €2,99 per table)

This is about the same as: $ 89,826471

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Ill give them all a whirl, but I think the first and third Marvel packs and Plants Vs. Zombies are the most likely initial purchases for me. The nice thing about this setup is you can pick and choose what you like, so you could buy the tables gradually or go all-in.

Considering the number of tables I don't think the equivalent of a full retail disc download is an unreasonable price.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Been doing a bit of research on this and asking gamers'opinions who own the games. Opinions vary wildly sometimes put it seems the Marvel Vengence and VIrtue pack as well as sorceror's lair (seem to be very highly regarded across the board) , epic quest and plants vs zombies are t.he ones to get for me. Also, don't want to double up on the ones I already have on the 3ds (many of those are good too)

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'll definitely download it, but unsure which table(s) to get at this stage.
I'll try not to spend too much on it because I really don't have the time to get good at too many tables anyway.
Shaman and El Dorado were always my best out of the eight 3DS tables... still seem to hold the Australian top score for both (which really isn't saying much).

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

thats quite pricey. think i'll buy just the one Classic pack to start with. Not that fond of superheroes anyway

Rafie

Rafie said:

Well it's no secret that I'm buying every single table Zen has to offer. :D I've been waiting for quite some time now for this. Well....this and TPA (The Pinball Arcade). Still, I'm very excited for ZP2. I just REALLY hope for some Nintendo exclusive tables in the future. A Zelda table with TriForce multiball would be fantastic!!

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

The Plants vs. Zombies, Marvel Vengeance and Virtue, and Civil War tables are all extremely fun, well made, and worth the asking price. I'm coming from the Vita release of ZP2, but I'm guessing there isn't ant major difference between the versions in gameplay.

Edit: No Civil War on Wii U? Dammit.

FlaWiio

FlaWiio said:

Think will get this... but give me a Yoshi table with a Yoshi egg as ball!

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

I won't be getting the classic pack since I have Zen Pinball 3d so I will only pick up 2 of the 4 that are in that pack. Most likely will have to try the demo for each pack to see which one interests me the most.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Actually, I think I used to have Socerer's Lair on iOS Zen Pinball DL. It really looked stunning in HD. However, it tool too much memory so I had to delete it. Will DL it on my primary gaming device instead (Wii U) :)

Hodn

Hodn said:

Since i bought Zen Pinball for XBOX360 and PS3 i can say the Marvel Pinball Tables are the best tables you can get. They are really great. I will even buy Zen2 for WiiU too ;)

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I'll be getting PvZ at launch, but I already have 8 tables on 3DS, so don't need them again.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

*@zen_studios Hello guys, looking forward for the Wii U version of ZP2. I was wondering... what about some Nintendo themed tables? :Q____
*@SuperCharlino We've had a lot of requests for them and we agree, they would be amazing! :D
*@zen_studios That would not be just amazing, that would be EPIC! Please make it happen, please

Rafie

Rafie said:

@DarkLloyd You did....in my post. ;p I really wish we were getting some Nintendo themed tables. With the demand being pushed like this. It just may be enough for Zen to talk to Nintendo about it. Although it has come to my attention through one of the managers at Zen stating that it's rare that Nintendo lets anyone use their franchise characters and such without them publishing the game. So its not a definite no, but its going to be a really tough call. shruggs shoulders

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Gotta have the Classic pack (had this on the PS3 with v1, updated machines, could not download v1 again, wasn't buying new version out of spite :) ) but then the Marvel tables are calling me...

@BenAV yeah, I've seen your scores.. makes me wanna turn off my 3DS's WiFi in disgust at my own weak scores... LOL!

Cranky

Cranky said:

My favorite tables are Sorcerer's Lair, Epic Quest and Plants vs Zombies.
Epic quest is like a rpg pinball table, its great fun.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Plants vs Zombies is by far my favorite table. I also like Epic Quest.
I don't think I'll be buying any tables on Wii U unless they make some exclusive Nintendo ones or if they put some on sale.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

To be honest the only real reason I got this on my PS3 was for the Plants vs Zombies table. EPIC.

I might get it on Wii U to try some others.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Honestly, I'm finding myself more interested in the classic pinball tables that have been proportedly recreated in digital format by Pinball Arcade. Any chance we'll ever see those on 3DS/Wii-U?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

They already have a Ninja Gaiden and Strret Fighetr table designed . Thou the latter isn't too brilliant. So I think Nintendo tables are a strong possibility.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

@StarDust: I believe Pinball Arcade has already been submitted to Nintendo, so hopefully we'll see that in the Feb-March timeframe. They're having trouble getting acceptable performance on the 3DS, but haven't thrown in the towel on that platform just yet, so there's still hope!