Competition Winner: Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Time for the paperwork

We've had a number of our UK readers tweeting us and emailing us in the past few days asking for the final verdict on the winners of our Paper Mario: Sticker Star competition, keen to know which talented letter writers had walked away with the prizes. This contest was limited to 100 entrants and we received a lot of letters from those that were accepted into the competition, so we want to say a big thank you to all who took the time to send us their entries. A lot of creative and charming letters missed out on a prize, but we enjoyed reading them all.

Anyway, onto the prizes. Two runners-up win a copy of Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and you can check out their names and letters below — their Nintendo Life usernames don't necessarily match their 3DS usernames.

Sickcat

P184

And now we come to the big prize, with the overall winner receiving a 3DS XL system and a copy of Paper Mario: Sticker Star. DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

3DS_excel

Congratulations to our winners, and a huge thanks to all who took part. We'll be emailing the lucky three for their name and address details later today, and we hope you enjoy your prizes.

P184

P184 said:

I was the 2nd runner-up! Oh Man...so close! But still, I can't believe I even got that far. Had a look at 1st place afterwards...mulled it over, decided. Yep, Artwork was better than mine, longer narrative, real clever punchline too. Congratulations @3DS_excel. You now have a 3DSXL. How befitting! =)

Thanks again NLife.

McHaggis

McHaggis said:

Congrats to the winners. I kept running out of ink whilst trying to draw mine, but these entries seemed fine. Oh well, mine wasn't very good anyway :-)

sickcat

sickcat said:

oh wow, did NOT expect to see my name up there. that's so awesome! thank you Nintendo Life :)

i agree with McHaggis about the ink problem, i drew mine SO many times, trying to save as much as possible. i even tried to draw the last frame using the editing tools in the camera app but in the end i just used it to make the colourful background...

Miss_Pixelheart

Miss_Pixelheart said:

Between all those nice people congratulate the winner my comment looks kinda mean :( but I'm happy for the winners so Congrats enjoy the game :)

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

Congratulations all three.
I have to admit the winner gave me a real old fashioned belly laugh :D
I agree about the ink problem. Could Nintendo just squeeze a little more into our letterboxes via some sort of update, please?

PixelatedPixie

PixelatedPixie said:

Grats to the winners.

In retrospect my 'Waffle Kingdom' inspired submission might have been a little obscure, lol.

3DS_excel

3DS_excel said:

Wow! I can't believe I won! Thanks for all the kind comments :-) I really am in shock! Thank you for picking my entry NL :-)

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Thanks to everyone for entering. There were some amazingly creative entries!

@3DS_excel @sickcat @P184 I've been told that your prizes will be sent to you by Nintendo UK today. Congrats guys! :)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Congratulations! Have fun guys!

But I have to give some bad-points because of Kindle promotion!

P184

P184 said:

@Dazza: Is this accurate? Were the prizes actually sent on Dec 14th? If so, why haven't i received mine?

Considering its now early January, i feel like it's probably lost in the post. :(