Pikachu 3DS XL Coming to Europe "Later This Year"

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

White 3DS XL also on the way

Do you remember when a Pikachu 3DS XL was released in Japan earlier this year, prompting long lines and pandemonium as it arrived? We may see similar scenes in Europe, to a lesser extent, as Nintendo of Europe boss Satoru Shibata has confirmed that the cutest 3DS XL around is coming to the region later this year.

There'll only be limited quantities, of course, though if you're unlucky you could console yourself with a white 3DS XL, also on the way and bundled with Mario Kart 7. We may not get all of the most awesome hardware bundles that Nintendo fans enjoy in Japan, but these are better than nothing.

No news yet of an equivalent offer in North America, but we'll keep our eyes peeled. So, who wants one?

BenAV

BenAV said:

No, not the ugly Pikachu one!
I still think the white completely wrecks it.
Why was it not black?

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

I want the all White XL, but alas, I live in lowly United States ;( lol... If they do bring that White bundle here, I'll pony up for it even though I already own MK7. The digital copy would be just fine to own as well.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

"Bundled with Mario Kart 7", indeed it is in a sense but that makes it sound like a physical copy is included.

I believe he explicitly said the game was pre-loaded on the limited edition white 3DS XL system.

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

Pikachu I would buy you a transatlantic ticket in a heartbeat! I hope they eventually do some fun editions of the regular 3DS - I carry mine in my pocket everywhere so I'm much more of an XS rather than XL person when it comes to handhelds.

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

Waiting for silver or white XL for NA, but Pikachu edition will do, if it ever makes it over.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

I hope they eventually do some fun editions of the regular 3DS

as i understand it, the shell of the original 3DS is harder and much more expensive to customize.

Otto-Soq

Otto-Soq said:

:( I knew it.... Same as with the 3DS. I wanted a white one...but am inpatient and bought a blue one...Now i have a red XL...and wanted a white one FROM THE START!!!!

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I want the pikachu 3ds xl too. I'm not into pokemon but do really like pikachu he's a cutie. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

think i'll try to get one and keep it sealed. This will surely be a sought-after collectable in a decade or two.

kathybaba

kathybaba said:

love you pikachu i really feel like crying when i see him... i wanna hug him :) I NEED THAT 3DS XL!! NOW! I just need to know when its coming out