Castlevania: Mirror of Fate 3DS Trailer Appears Just In Time For Halloween

Posted by Damien McFerran

Whip-cracking fun

It's all about the timing. Konami has released a new trailer for its forthcoming 3DS adventure Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - and guess what? Today is Halloween. What a spooky coincidence.

The new trailer showcases the game's combination of whip-based action and platform exploration, and long-time fans of the series will want to watch right until the end, where Dracula utters a line made famous by another beloved installment in the series. No prizes for guessing which one.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is due out next year. You can read our early impressions here.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

never played castlevania, but this looks amazing!
hope its not too hard but still enough of a challaenge.

definetly hyped for this.

now imagine a 2D-metroid with these 3D-graphics for 3DS!!!
that would be a nintendorgasm!

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

Never played any castlevania either.. and I'm on the fence with this one, but I will keep my eye on it.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Is it 20 hours because it takes that long to kill the most simplest of bad guys lol
Still not convinced if this is gonna be great but i will still buy it coz its castlevania

Csabo001

Csabo001 said:

Portable Castlevania never be the same again, it's just a reboot like the whole Lords of Shadow. It will be good because they keep a little from the 2D adventure, but I doubt it will be as deep as the previous ones on the GBA/DS. Hope I'll be wrong though.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

I don't know if 20 hours will be enough, I guess it depends on the content.

hendie001

hendie001 said:

Never played castlevania thats crazy people. Your missing out on one of the best series ever, stop what you are doing and go get a copy of castlevania 1 for nes, gba or vitual console its platforming at its best.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

That is a great trailer. Why are people complaining? It looks like an improved version of the DS games. So sad this was delayed, but if it's for polish, that's great. Can't wait to rock this one on my 3DS.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I have bought all of the GBA and DS Castlevania games and loved them. So....this one here....is a must buy for me. :)

Csabo001

Csabo001 said:

@XCWarrior

I think those who are complaining know the original series. But again I'm not complain I just don't understand why was a reboot necessary...but it can be a good game, it has the potential.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

@XCWarrior Don't get me wrong i really like the trailer but the biggest problem for me is how long it takes to kill a single enemy. That may work in a 3d castlevania or devil may cry style of game but in a side scrolling platform game i think it will get annoying.
The graphics look awesome to, but thats not enough its not gonna be as a good as the ds titles or symphony of the night or even super castlevania 4 which is a shame.

Ras

Ras said:

That voice actor sounds just like Robert Carlyle (because it is)! I've heard it's a mix of the two types of CV games. I hope it leans more original, as I've had my fill of Metroidvania.

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

YES this will also be my first time playing a castlevainia game in this game looks Bad ass the how the way the angel of the camera gunna be with the 3d the Graphics are out standing just like revelation in story line looks great another great title headed for the 3DS 3DS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! Vita Lame LMAO XD

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Lame. This doesn't look like a Castlevania game. Unless Konami Japan does another 'true' Castlevania sequal or if the series is magically passed on to WayForward i won't be bothering. There's nothing about this that plays like a traditional castlevania...it's like they God of War'd it up with a bit of Prince of Persia. Damn these western developers.lol

And 'only' 20 Hours? That's pretty damn long for a Castlevania game....If you've mastered the previous traditional castlevania games they would take you maybe 2 hours to 3 at the most depending on the title to complete.

Csabo001

Csabo001 said:

I just don't understand why you should kill most of the enemies in a certain way. I think it can be boring after a while because of the re-appearing of the enemies. It seems Castlevania became one of the ruined franchise as well. Where are Circle of the moon, harmony of dissonance, aria of sorrow, dawn of sorrow, portrait of ruin and order of ecclesia?? Lords of shadow is just a gow clone, wasn't bad but they could give any name except for Castlevania.

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

For me personally It will never top super castlevania IV or Rondo of blood, but since it isn't another metroidvania and I'm apparently one of the few who actually enjoyed Lords of Shadow, I'm really excited to get this one!

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

@27 as much as I loved those previous handheld Castlevania games you mentioned, Konami needed to change it up because without enough updates to the Metroidvania formula, it gets boring fast. I liked the GoW games so let's see how it turns out before anyone declares Castlevania a "ruined" franchise.

Csabo001

Csabo001 said:

@Urbanhispanic
I think you misunderstood me. It is already ruined a bit, not as much as Silent Hill. But Lords of Shadow is not real Castlevania for me. And Mirror of fate picked up the storyline from Lords of Shadow era, which is not a problem on a "big" console. But it's a handheld, I want more of the previous ones...that's all.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Yeah I am passing on this one, looks too generic. Secondly I've found the way the developers present themselves is too smug and arrogant.

marsgreekgod

marsgreekgod said:

This doesn't look anything like Castlevania, it's ... just taking a god of war clone and making it 2d