Zelda II Strides Towards Euro 3DS Virtual Console

Posted by Damien McFerran

The divisive NES classic is coming to Europe next week

Nintendo has confirmed that Zelda II: The Adventure of Link will be hitting the European 3DS Virtual Console on 13th September.

The game - which was originally released on the Famicom Disk System in 1987 and the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1988 - has already been made available through the 3DS Ambassador program.

If you missed out on getting it for free then it's worth a look, although you should be warned that it's one of the franchise's more 'unique' titles. Check out our Zelda II: The Adventure of Link review for the full low-down.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

wing0black

wing0black said:

Hopefully this comes to North America soon, I'm really looking forward to having restore points enabled.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Yay, another update... roll on Monday and see if anything better comes out next week. Still, it'll be a nice to have restore points for this game at last, it kind of needs it. :D

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Still haven't tried this one out. I never played it in Japanese, so I don't know what the differences are. I heard its mostly slight topical changes.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Balloon Fight and Ice Climber please Nintendo - local multiplayer goodness required.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Great! I've only ever played this on the Zelda GC collectors disc, but didn't get very far into it. This is the only one of the NES Ambassador games that i really wanted the update for, the restore points will be very welcome.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Favorite (though Skyward Sword is close) and hardest Zelda ever. Beat my ambassador copy over Christmas and immediate restarted and played through the 4th palace without stopping. Getting to start the 2nd play-through with full power-ups and skills rocks, as you feel like a baddonkey after being humbled so early on the first time through!

Froggievilleus

Froggievilleus said:

When is Nintendo gonna start doing other NES games? It's great that they are bringing out the Amabassador games (which I have and will be glad to get the restore feature and manual) but Nintendo has a great library and needs to bring more titles out.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Great game, one of my all time favorites in the Zelda series and NES library. Still got my original 1987 copy on my man-shelf in the man-cave even (no idea if it still works tho... thank goodness for the VC).
If you've never played it, get it. If you're used to being led by the hand through games because they are so much easier now than back then, bring a diaper and some tissues.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I just bought the original Legend of Zelda last week on the eShop & I've nearly beaten it hence this is perfect timing :D Can't wait!

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

As others have said, I'll finally be able to beat this ridiculously tough game thanks to restore points (assuming a North American release happens).

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I agree with the picture caption, great typo/mistranslation but the game itself is easily the worst in the series.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Restore points... too late, I already played trough this unforgiving game. Worst Zelda but still a good game in some ways.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

This is one of my favorite Zelda games ever. Restore points will be nice for people who can't handle the challenge, but it really is a satisfying experience playing this game the way it was intended.