Job Listing Leaks Big Budget Fantasy RPG For Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Massive budget and a team of gaming industry veterans involved

Job listings are great. Not only do they offer people a welcome route into this crazy industry that we know and love, but they also inadvertantly provide leaks on forthcoming titles we currently know nothing about.

Take this listing as an example. It's for a 'big budget' European RPG which apparently is headed to the Wii U.

Here are the rough details, translated by notenoughshaders.com:

• Unannounced big budget (multi million dollar/euro) Fantasy Medieval Role-Playing is in the works.
  • The game is for PC / Mac / console. It is currently in pre-production.
  • The job listing mentions “innovative peripherals (including Wii U)”. Wii U is the only console mentioned on the job listing.
  • Company being created based in Montreuil, Paris (France).
  • The team is mainly composed of veterans of the gaming industry and has an internationally recognized expertise in the field.
  • Job listing says details will be announced to the press, between October and December 2012.

Outside of a single piece of concept artwork for a character called 'The Dark Witch' - which is shown below - that's all we've got to go on at the moment. Still, it's good to know that a fairly signifcant RPG is in the works for the Wii U, although until we see solid details, it's best to retain a sense of caution.

[via notenoughshaders.com]

Lan

Lan said:

Pretty sure Ubisoft has a studio there, hope it's not them. Generally Ubisoft kinda sucks.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Count me intrigued, the art reminds me of Lulu of Final Fantasy X fame, though I doubt there's any connection (despite how much of one I'd like there to be!)

motang

motang said:

Won't hold my breath, there were so many games like this prior to Wii's launch that we never got.

K964

K964 said:

October-December? Great! Right before/when the Wii U hits shelves, we might get an announcment for an epic, big budget adventure coming in the future with presumed significance!

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@XCWarrior Depends on what kind. I'd have to agree with you if you're talking about JRPGs. Otherwise, Chocobo is right. RPGs in "general" have been pretty frequent on all platforms (including PC) except for the Wii.

GreenBanana

GreenBanana said:

Ugh, so it's not console exclusive, as in only for consoles and not for the PC? They can't be that veteran.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

Big budget doesn't always mean quality (Square Enix taught me that). Still, I'm interested to hear more about this mystery game.

RR529

RR529 said:

Looks interesting, but the fact that it appears to a western developed game doesn't bode well for my tastes (I'm into JRPGs).

Still, that art looks interesting. Hope that style is kept, instead of giving it the uber realistic, generic "Lord of the Rings" look, like most WRPGs utilize.

Neram

Neram said:

Neat, but obviously a bit too early to become even remotely excited. For all we know this could end up being another cancelled game to add to the pile.

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

Imo, this is the type of stuff we need to see heading to Nintendo consoles. Not enough western style games, in specific RPG's, on Nintendo's systems and this will be a nice addition.

Henmii

Henmii said:

So it's for PC and Wii u! I guess it's made by Ubisoft! Could be interesting!