Job listings are great. Not only do they offer people a welcome route into this crazy industry that we know and love, but they also inadvertantly provide leaks on forthcoming titles we currently know nothing about.
Take this listing as an example. It's for a 'big budget' European RPG which apparently is headed to the Wii U.
Here are the rough details, translated by notenoughshaders.com:
- Unannounced big budget (multi million dollar/euro) Fantasy Medieval Role-Playing is in the works.
- The game is for PC / Mac / console. It is currently in pre-production.
- The job listing mentions “innovative peripherals (including Wii U)”. Wii U is the only console mentioned on the job listing.
- Company being created based in Montreuil, Paris (France).
- The team is mainly composed of veterans of the gaming industry and has an internationally recognized expertise in the field.
- Job listing says details will be announced to the press, between October and December 2012.
Outside of a single piece of concept artwork for a character called 'The Dark Witch' - which is shown below - that's all we've got to go on at the moment. Still, it's good to know that a fairly signifcant RPG is in the works for the Wii U, although until we see solid details, it's best to retain a sense of caution.