Best Buy Gives Strongest Indication Yet That Black Ops 2 Wii U Is Coming

Posted by Damien McFerran

Pre-order tags in-store now

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 coming to Wii U is starting to become gaming's worst-kept secret; although no official confirmation has been made as yet, it's looking very likely that we'll be enjoying Activision's world famous war simulation on our shiny new Wii U consoles at some point in the near future. And that's a positive thing for the system, as we argued back in May.

If you need more proof, consider this: Best Buy has begun to publicise the availability of pre-orders for the game on Wi U. While it has recently transpired that these tags are created by Best Buy employees — something which rightly got alarm bells ringing — it was later revealed by a Best Buy staff member that while the tags were indeed printed in-store, the barcode and SKU exist on the company's computer system — which could potentially be all the evidence you need that the game is headed to Nintendo's new home console.

Are you excited enough to slam a pre-order in? Sound off in the comments section below, soldier.

[via gonintendo.com]

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

I hate how these rehashed fps games have dominated the industry, but let's face it, potentially having the best console version of this game on the Wii U will definitely help push sales...

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

If this is on the Wii U, I'll get it. If it isn't I'll hope that the next Metroid Prime has Metroid Prime Hunters style multiplayer.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Yay! Now "hardcore" gamers have no reason why they aren't buying WiiU. Nintendo is my favorite out of the big three, but I do like Sony second.
Consoles I have owned: N64, Game Cube, Wii, future WiiU owner, ps1, ps2, ps3
Handhelds I have owned: I found a green Gameboy color, Gameboy advanced, Gameboy SP, i found a Gameboy micro, ds, ds light, dsi, 3ds, psp, and psvita when the price goes down.

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Watch all the morons on gamefaqs use this to say Wii U is just getting last gen ports...........which is nonsense considering this is a multiplat.

And that multiplayer trailer looked awesome might get this.

Torgo

Torgo said:

I work at best buy in the gaming area and i have not seen those before...

Torgo

Torgo said:

im calling it fake because every pre-order card at best buy puts the barcode on the back not the front!

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

@Torgo The guy in the store made the pre-order card himself, but he says it's in the computer system. "It was later revealed by a Best Buy staff member that while the tags were indeed printed in-store, the barcode and SKU exist on the company's computer system."

Psydswipe

Psydswipe said:

I got the UPC for Black Ops II yesterday from a distributor as well as some other games I was not aware of (maybe you guys already know about them but I'll list them): Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade, Ben 10: Omniverse, Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and Skylanders: Giants — Starter Pack. I know, nothing original and some rather bland stuff.

JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa said:

I'm not sure if I should get this on my Xbox so I can play with my "friends" who mostly consist of people I know, but I honestly despise, or get on Wii U and play with one Nintendo fanboy I know and some people from NLife, in addition to possibly better graphics and GamePad support.

Maelstorm1226

Maelstorm1226 said:

I would purchase Black Ops 2 for Wii U. I just wish they would announce stuff already so I can start to support the Wii U. :)

Stratostar

Stratostar said:

@Tasuki
Guess what! It has actually been confirmed that the Wii U WILL be available in black at launch! Black-lovers, UNITE!

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

While i don't think i'll be getting it i hope it supports cross-platform multiplayer and / or has a lot of Wii U exclusive stuff.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

At eb games in Australia they have Wii U version of Need For Speed Most Wanted for pre-order amongst the Wii U section, dummy box too. Hopefully that is real!

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

@Andrewroxsox QUOTE "Yay! Now "hardcore" gamers have no reason why they aren't buying WiiU."

Except for the fact they can just play this on their PS3/360 of course! :|