Shinobi Joins Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

Posted by James Newton

New tracks too

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed for 3DS — and, in all likelihood, Wii U — isn't just about boats, cars and planes. It's about ninjas and air pirates and axe-wielding dwarves, too.

SEGA's just confirmed that Shinobi legend Joe Musashi will be a playable character, following-up his appearance as a bonus character in last year's 3DS exclusive Shinobi. He joins SEGA legends Vyse from Skies of Arcadia Legends, Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio's Beat and more.

SEGA and Sumo Digital also revealed two new tracks: Adder's Lair pulls the gruesome skeleton from Golden Axe's character select screen into a race track, while a level based on Jet Set Radio's Tokyo-to promises sunsets and near-misses with oncoming trains. These two join levels based on Panzer Dragoon, Sonic the Hedgehog and more.

It's sure to form a big part of SEGA's E3 offering so we're hoping for more screens, reveals and that all-important Wii U confirmation next week.

[via uk.ign.com]

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Great. Now I want to download another VC game...Shinobi. Have never played any of them.

James

James said:

You must! Shinobi games are awesome. Get the arcade one and Revenge of Shinobi on Genesis, then probably Shinobi III (aka The Super Shinobi) — that ought to do you!

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Wohoo! I loved the 3DS game(i still need to beat the challenge maps though).

Can't wait for this game,i always enjoyed the original over Mario Kart.

Inb4Fanboywars

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Shinobi Joe is rad at surfing and can ride horses with the best of them, is there nothing he cannot turn his hand to?

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Bought the first one for Ryo from ShenMue.

Will get this one if we get Wonder Boy on his skateboard.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

WOW. This news forces me to bring out a word I haven't used in a looong time: Schwing!!!

They've announced less than half of the 27 characters. So still a chance for Nights, Blaze Fielding, ToeJam, and Vectorman. How awesome would it be if Vectorman didn't have a car, he just morphed into the different vehicles??

Tate24

Tate24 said:

MUST BUY!! vyse skies of arcadia i love that game=D

cant wait for this=)

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

This source has a rumor that Ristar, Vectorman, and Nights will all be in this game. And since rumors are generally true in this age of video game following, I think this deserves another YEEEEEEEEEEEEHA

<a rel="external" href="http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/">http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/</a>

Never can say for sure until things are officially announced. But I can say that Death Adder stage in the pic above is amazing. It's straight outta Disney World. Sonic Drift 2 was one of the 1st eShop Game Gear games announced. Hopefully it gets released in honor of Transformed

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

@James Thanks, I tried to post nevermind, [thanks to the 1st paragraph] but my post didn't take. :( I honestly forget the names of the Golden Axe Warriors XD

I was hoping it was him, because he was my favorite, and the only character I could win with on the Genesis version, without using special attacks alone, like the females fighter dragon spell :P

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

Normally I'd be bummed about getting Gilius Thunderhead and no Tyris Flare, but after playing Xenoblade I'm kinda boobed out.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

If you guys want to experience Shinobi, grab Shinobi 3 on the VC. It is probably the best Genesis game behind Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

Okay, now I just need confirmation of a playable character from Panzer Dragoon — preferably Edge or Orta — and Nei from Phantasy Star II, and I'll be preordering this.